La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel Reviews

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel

Fab, but drying

This is a good value product and I absolutely love using it, however it is super drying. My skin is pretty dry anyway so if you have oily skin, that might not be a problem. I've been using it for over 3 weeks now and can't say I've seen a massive difference in my acne but will definitely continue to use it.

Irritate + acne red points

I don't. Have a severe acne but a sensitive skin. After using each time. My skin produces oil, it is shiny with red points...doesn't.t work. My acne is not visible, it is not severe, as for example infections. It is really strong to eliminate because it is interior...and I have sensitive skin.

oh this one is not for sensitive skin :(

Very drying

For me it was really over drying and has caused extreme flaking I usually use rodan and fields but ran out This feels nice and And Much cheaper than r&f but for me left my sky dry and sore On the plus side I've had no break outs while I wait for my other products to come but it's a shame the dryness has been so bad It's def worth a try though depending on your skin I can see how it may feel nice for some

it's Great !

just withing 2 weeks of use (2 times a day and differin 0.1% before sleep +tetralysal 300mg everyday) my face started to get smooth and clear of bumps but red marks are still there.. but they started to fade with each 4 days.. eventually they will be completely gone in about 6 months or less.

I'm using the Effaclar cleansing gel, together with benzoyl peroxide 5% and Tetralysal 300mg for my acne, with is quite similar to your treatment, and I was wondering - how is your skin doing now? I'm not sure how to evaluate my skin, whether it's going good or bad, but I notice my skin is much more smooth and clean after using Effaclar twice.

Absolute Miracle!!!! (Quick & 100% effective)

I used he acne treatment system- cleanser,toner and moistener. I have struggled with severe acne my entire life- at the point i started using this treatment I was still consistently getting 6-7 breakouts on my face- within 3 days all breakouts were healing and no more were arising on my face- I have been using this product for a wk and a half- I have NO breakouts, all hormonal pimples under my jaw have healed, every pimple on my face has healed! I had significant redness and bumpy scarring on my cheeks, which has healed 95%! i have maybe 2cm of slight redness left! i thought i would have to live with the scarring forever, as i have tried every scar treatment under the sun, but these products have cleared it! I didn't even know that what they did! I have blackheads all over my nose and spreading out slightly on the cheek area- the unclogging moisturizer has reduced my pore size (1wk in i did extractions on nose) the blackheads on cheeks are almost as small as normal pores now/80% cleared. Searching my whole life and finally i can walk around with clear skin!!!!!!!!! please note- my severe acne I treated with the dermalogica range- reduced from entire face of breakouts- large pimples with small pimples in between- to 5- 7 consistent breakouts.

Bad product

This product sucks....caused super redness on my skin with bad irritation n itchiness n lots of pimples ...finally after one weak of torture I stopped it using n my face had to go thorough all that trouble ...it took huge time for my face to go back to normal ....definately not for indian skin ....👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎 i would go for minus rating for this f**king product ....the other la roche tolerine gel is good ...

Even the la roche posay the lipcare product is useless instead the i prefer using the normal Rs.5 Vaseline which last longer n easy ...n cheap ...n yes I forgot that pathetic la roche posay that thermal water spray product also useless ..not at all helpful for skin ...
is your skin oily or sensitive? I have oily skin & just bought this yesterday :(
User410314

Goodbye oil

A little goes a long way, and boy does it make your skin feel pure and smooth. A sample of a product has never immediately impressed me so much. Use with the serum for hours of shine-free soft face.

Comments

Works for oily-skin mainly.

Smells clean Works Lasts long Expensive Drying I love this product, but can't use it anymore. ): My skin has turned really dry since it's winter, and using this is too much. I usually have to use cream cleansers and may try the cream version of this. This product really does work, but not for people with dry skin.

Highly Recommend! :)

Removes Makeup Fabulously! Cleans my face and leave it feeling refreshed. Can easily buy it at CVS near me Somewhat pricey ($22), but worth the money! I started using this cleanser after first going to an esthetician back in May. She was trying to sell me on the products that she sold through her business (as all professionals seem to), but I wasn't very willing to spend $50 on a cleanser that I had no previous experience with, Instead, I researched the products she recommended and set out on a mission to find a cheaper alternative! While shopping in CVS, I happened upon Effaclar. I quickly googled the product (thank goodness for IPhones) and read positive review after positive review! It actually contained less skin irritants than the ridiculously expensive products my esthetician was trying to sell me. Which is fantastic for my ridiculously sensitive skin. The pH balance is ideal (4.5) for a no nonsense cleanser. It doesn't have any harsh chemicals, it just removes my makeup nicely and leaves my face feeling fresh and clean! I would recommend this to anyone, for any skin type, no matter what products/medications that you are using on your face. It isn't harsh, but it's also not gentle to the point where you get no benefits from the product. Two thumbs up!

Comments

nothing special and not actually for sensitive skin

good for make up removing it can be irritating it is not really for sensitive skin this soap didn´t really do anything special for my skin, it contains Sodium Laureth Sulfate and it is suposed to be for sensitive skin....at first my face did not react well, afther a while it got used to it. However it is good to remove make up

Comments

- Moderate price - Good smell - Contains Sodium Laureth Sulfate - Little bit too drying if used more than 20 seconds - Irritating after long term use I have been using Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel twice a day for about a year now. I am 35 and have an oily acne prone skin. My skin gets easily irritated with harsh products resulting in deep red pimples under the skin surface. Although this cleanser seemed to have made wonders within the first months, my skin is now starting to react to it and I can tell it is irritated. After many researches, I found out that Sodium Laureth Sulfate is a huge no-no ingredient for acne prone skin. I would advise to stay away from using any products containing SLS. I switched to Avene Cleanance Gel and it is fabulous.

Yes this product contains too much sulphate which make my skin very itchy. I have used this product for 5 months and decided to discontinue.
Guest Caloosa
Guest Caloosa

controls oiliness of skin makes skin smooth smells great clears up acne a bit dries out skin can be red and irritating if you don't use a moisturizer brake out after a couple washes I use this twice a day once in the morning and once before I go to bed. In the boring I wash my face, put on Effaclar Duo acne treatment, apply a moisturizer (cetaphil for me) then I do my makeup. At night I wash my face with this and the apply Effaclar Duo. This product has gotten rid of most of my acne its just the red marks that remain, and those are the frustrating ones! Give it a try see how you like it :)

Comments

Doesn't dry out skin (if used appropriately)...really worked well on my CYSTIC acne...worked well on red spots and small scars...face is really clearing none This is simply the best product out there non-prescription. I wash my face twice a day with this stuff and use effalcar K (salycillic acid) for spot treatment and my acne seriously has vanished after about 3 weeks of use and I mean I had terrible cystic acne like mountains of it I couldnt see my real skin and this stuff just went to work on it and cleared me. Dont overuse it because of course that would cause drying and bad skin..just use it once in the morning and right before you go to bed. use effaclar k for spot treatment once every 3 hours of so...expensive but worth it

Guest Lucy
Guest Lucy

-Face feels really clean -Removes makeup easily -Less irritating than others I've tried -I had no initial breakout or increase when I started using it -Really stings your eyes This has been my daily cleanser for a few weeks now and I'm very pleased with it. I use it twice a day and it removes all my makeup in the evening easily too. It is a very simple product with the bare minimum of ingredients which is something that I like about it. It doesn't have a fancy color or anything it is just a clear gel that makes a lovely foam on your face. I had no increase in acne when I started to use it and there was no adjustment period, my skin didn't react badly at all. I use this along with Effaclar Duo the treatment gel and it has worked brilliantly. I wouldn't say that the cleanser would be able to clear up a serious breakout on it's own but it definitely helps and doesn't add any extra harshness to a routine when using other products. Great product :)

Guest Erin
Guest Erin

I decided to switch cleansers after the worst breakout I'd had in 7 years of moderate acne (with occasional cysts). I am incredibly pale and my skin was very red with about 25 pimples on it the night I started using it. The next morning I had more than before and wasn't sure. The next day however, half of the pimples were gone and my skin's redness was dramatically reduced. I love this product! My acne has been kept at bay ever since! Use this with Effaclar Duo. It's a little more expensive than a university student would want to spend but it's worth EVERY cent. It regulates skin and makes your skin feel clean and fresh. Worth giving a try if your acne has never fully cleared with a cleanser.

Comments

-Leaves skin soft -Balances moisture -Contains sodium laureth sulfate -Scented I feel like you can tell a lot about a cleanser based on how your skin feels just after washing. For that reason I give effaclar 4/5, it seems to balance my skin's moisture and gives me a really smooth base to apply moisturizer and makeup. However, as my acne continues to come and go, I've been doing some research on products and found that effaclar contains sodium laureth sulfate which, according to the acne.org regimen is a huge no-no....so now I'm not sure what to believe. I would say give this product a go, because everyone is different and so is our skin. I suspect that my acne is persisting because of the topical cream I'm using, I feel like the cleanser is doing its job. Give it a go, especially if you wear make-up every day.

Comments

- Helps control oiliness of skin - Is quite gentle - Smells lovely - Expensive - Did not make much of a difference to severity of acne - Made skin feel tight I have sensitive, combination oily skin, with loads of pimples on my forehead and the areas around my nose, but none on my cheeks and chin. I used this for over a year but it definitely did not work much for me. It did get rid of some pimples, but it really didn't make much of a difference. It didn't cause any flaking or peeling, but it made my skin feel a bit tight after washing. However, it did make my skin a bit less oily throughout the day, and did not cause any reaction, which is saying something as I have very sensitive skin which turned red and stings with almost every other product I've tried. It also smells amazing! I actually stood there and smelt it for almost a minute once hahaha. Basically, I think it is worth a try, if: - you are willing to spend the money - the severity of your acne is only very light to moderate. Hope this helps, good luck! :)

Popular Cleansers/Washes