x

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo reviews

3.3/5 - 44 reviews

Brand: La Roche-Posay

Benzoyl Peroxide 5.5%.

Water, Isostearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Silica, Carbomer, Capryloyl Salicylic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates C10 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Epilobium Angustifolium (Canadian Willowherb) Flower, Leaf Stem Extract.

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo

Worst product I’ve ever used on my skin(Effaclar duo plus)
Reviewed on December 23, 2017

I absolutely hate this product. It was recommended to me by my dermatologist and my skin went from having one or two cysts to cyst-pustule hell in just a couple of days. My cheeks (where I usually breakout) are completely covered with acne (30+ pimples, I’m not even kidding) and the scarring, oh God, the scarring is horrible. I’ve never had such a horrible reaction to a product like this. I went to look over the ingredients of this thing on cosdna and I found out that it has a bunch of comedogenic ingredients.

My skin has never looked this bad before. I’m so depressed.

Made my skin the worst it's ever been ( Effaclar Duo Plus, UK version)
Reviewed on December 10, 2017

I originally purchased this product to get rid of 2 pie (post inflammatory erythema) marks that have been left over from cysts. Well, I used this product for 2 weeks (day and night after cleansing) and about 4-5 days in my skin developed a lot of pustules (about 30+), my chin turned red and itchy (BTW, only my chin, where I usually break out, was effected). NOW, I've read the nonsense of skin purging , that things get worse before they get better, but that's not true. If any product ever hurts your skin or makes it red, stop it right then and there. I contacted La Roche Posay and they told me to immediately stop the product.

I'll probably never find out what ingredient caused the outbreak (maybe the BHA or parfume???), but now I have to deal for weeks or even months to get my old skin back. I only had 2 spots and now I have to deal with 30 spots and scars. Avoid this harsh product at all costs.

Aweful Product Gave me Scars!! :(
Reviewed on December 3, 2017

I would give this product no stars if i could. After use of their kit, my face has been dry, burning, and itching for over a week. I purchased after misleading packaging, saying it was suitable for sensitive skin types. I have tried every remedy to no avail. Now there are scars appearing on my face. I have been trying to go without washing to see if my skin will regain its natural moisture and barrier. I can still feel my skin getting torn. Stay away if you have sensitive skin or definitely patch test. This product has caused the worse and most painful experience of my life! It hurts to look in the mirror and i severely regret this experience. Your face is your identity, protect it from harsh products as these if you are the sensitive type!

by SuaveDory on 12/04/2017 08:03
Looking at the ingredients I can only imagine; 5%bp, salicylic Acid and Alcohol!!!! wow
by thebadapple on 12/10/2017 13:56
I'm in the same boat as you. How is your skin now, after stopping the products? I'm trying to only wash my face with cold water and use a bit of apple cider vinegar, as this has helped in the past. What an awful product Effaclar Duo is :(
by Gigi0831 on 12/19/2017 16:57
They refunded the 30 dollars, but even that wasn't enough to repair the damage and suffering this product has caused me. I have indented scars, where I had none before. It has been 3 weeks now, the only thing I can use on my face is water and a cetaphil cleanser, any thing else pretty much seems to aggravate and inflame my skin. Horrible product from hell. They really should not advertise to sensitive skin types. I wouldn't have purchased, if it wasn't for that label. If anything, this made me more knowledgeable.
don't risk it
Reviewed on November 15, 2017

i NEVER write reviews. but i had to for this cause i've never had my face look like this before... i had this product for awhile now (stopped using for months but forgot why) and since i started breaking out, i decided to give this another try. worst mistake ever. my face is inflamed red, only on the certain areas i applied it. also have a bunch of tiny little whiteheads around it too :( i guess it's too harsh for my skin type. patch test it first!

Chemical burn on my face.
Reviewed on August 11, 2017

I used this product once and i felt burning but i was like 'hey its probably nothing just working' so i tried to deal with it.. after 5 min of applying i couldnt stand it and went to my mirror and my face was red!!! So i took it off and put aloe on my face... even touching my face felt like torture so i went to my doctor.. she told me i have 1st degree chemical burs on my f**king face. My skin is peeling and hurts .. dont . Try. This. Product.

Didn't work for me
Reviewed on May 30, 2017

I used this product along with the face wash that is suppose to match with it. After day one I had a horrible breakout and so I assumed it was just the beginning and I would have clear skin after. However my spots only got worse on my forehead and my chin for 3 months. Whenever I applied the cream my spots would burn and i thought it meant that they were working but my skin never cleared. I stopped using the product and only after a week there was a massive change and my skin was clearer but still spotty. If anyone knows any working products please tell me. I've had so many spots for so many years it has definetly lowered my self confidence.

Love it
Reviewed on February 8, 2017

After trying many other products, this is the only thing that has helped. When I hit 21, I started breaking out horribly on my jaw, chin, and around my check bones. I kept with their acne treatment for a month and have had amazing results. I use it twice daily. It took a couple weeks for me to get a regimen down, but now that I do, it works wonders. I also use Curel for moisturizing after since this stuff does dry out your skin pretty fast without it.

Confused - everything turned red!
Reviewed on October 15, 2016

I used this for a night as per my Doc's recommendation and it seems to have turned all my pimples deep red. Having read all the positive reviews, I decided to persevere and continue using for another night - now they've turned slight brown. Should i continue using the product?

Amazing!!
Reviewed on September 10, 2016

This is incredible- 12 years of cystic hormonal acne, tried everything ... Clear within 2 weeks of using this with dove soap. 6 weeks later not a pimple in sight not even with my period. So thankful I found fhis.

Would give it 5/5, but...
Reviewed on August 25, 2016

unfortunately the price tag dropped it a star. That is really the only thing bad I have to say about this product.

I have been using Dan's Regimen for... oh jeez, almost 7 years now? Anyway, the Regimen is the only thing that has ever truly worked for me. However, recently I have been having acne problems again, not totally sure why (too many variables to narrow it down).

I bought this because I noticed that it had a slightly higher concentration of BP than my normal acne.org stuff, and it also had some LHA for exfoliation. I am glad that I bought it, because it seems to be the extra kick my face needed to start purging itself of the cysts lurking beneath my skin. I still have teeny tiny whiteheads on my forehead, but I think nothing short of an act of God will make those go away.

I only use it once a day, as it makes my skin sensitive and I don't want to overdo it. My facewash is neutrogena ultra gentle hydrating cleanser, creamy formula. My moisturizer is acne.org moisturiser, and after that is finished soaking in, I apply a layer of neutrogena deep moisture night cream to pack it in. Once a week I use a korean face mask for extra moisture.

I have severely dry skin, and this Effaclar Duo (original version, not plus) (U.S. version) did not seem to make it any worse than usual. Of course, I have been using BP for years, so keep that in mind.

Powerful. Proprietary. Proven.
  • Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clicnics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-free
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by the experts at Acne.org