La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo reviews

3.6/5 - 40 reviews

Brand: La Roche-Posay

Benzoyl Peroxide 5.5%.

Water, Isostearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Silica, Carbomer, Capryloyl Salicylic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates C10 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Epilobium Angustifolium (Canadian Willowherb) Flower, Leaf Stem Extract.

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo Dual Action Acne Treatment, 1.35 Fluid Ounce
updated: 06/07/2017 09:18 UTC

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo

Chemical burn on my face.
Reviewed on August 11, 2017

I used this product once and i felt burning but i was like 'hey its probably nothing just working' so i tried to deal with it.. after 5 min of applying i couldnt stand it and went to my mirror and my face was red!!! So i took it off and put aloe on my face... even touching my face felt like torture so i went to my doctor.. she told me i have 1st degree chemical burs on my f**king face. My skin is peeling and hurts .. dont . Try. This. Product.

Didn't work for me
Reviewed on May 30, 2017

I used this product along with the face wash that is suppose to match with it. After day one I had a horrible breakout and so I assumed it was just the beginning and I would have clear skin after. However my spots only got worse on my forehead and my chin for 3 months. Whenever I applied the cream my spots would burn and i thought it meant that they were working but my skin never cleared. I stopped using the product and only after a week there was a massive change and my skin was clearer but still spotty. If anyone knows any working products please tell me. I've had so many spots for so many years it has definetly lowered my self confidence.

Love it
Reviewed on February 8, 2017

After trying many other products, this is the only thing that has helped. When I hit 21, I started breaking out horribly on my jaw, chin, and around my check bones. I kept with their acne treatment for a month and have had amazing results. I use it twice daily. It took a couple weeks for me to get a regimen down, but now that I do, it works wonders. I also use Curel for moisturizing after since this stuff does dry out your skin pretty fast without it.

Confused - everything turned red!
Reviewed on October 15, 2016

I used this for a night as per my Doc's recommendation and it seems to have turned all my pimples deep red. Having read all the positive reviews, I decided to persevere and continue using for another night - now they've turned slight brown. Should i continue using the product?

Amazing!!
Reviewed on September 10, 2016

This is incredible- 12 years of cystic hormonal acne, tried everything ... Clear within 2 weeks of using this with dove soap. 6 weeks later not a pimple in sight not even with my period. So thankful I found fhis.

Would give it 5/5, but...
Reviewed on August 25, 2016

unfortunately the price tag dropped it a star. That is really the only thing bad I have to say about this product.

I have been using Dan's Regimen for... oh jeez, almost 7 years now? Anyway, the Regimen is the only thing that has ever truly worked for me. However, recently I have been having acne problems again, not totally sure why (too many variables to narrow it down).

I bought this because I noticed that it had a slightly higher concentration of BP than my normal acne.org stuff, and it also had some LHA for exfoliation. I am glad that I bought it, because it seems to be the extra kick my face needed to start purging itself of the cysts lurking beneath my skin. I still have teeny tiny whiteheads on my forehead, but I think nothing short of an act of God will make those go away.

I only use it once a day, as it makes my skin sensitive and I don't want to overdo it. My facewash is neutrogena ultra gentle hydrating cleanser, creamy formula. My moisturizer is acne.org moisturiser, and after that is finished soaking in, I apply a layer of neutrogena deep moisture night cream to pack it in. Once a week I use a korean face mask for extra moisture.

I have severely dry skin, and this Effaclar Duo (original version, not plus) (U.S. version) did not seem to make it any worse than usual. Of course, I have been using BP for years, so keep that in mind.

Effective
Reviewed on August 9, 2016

This spot treatment is effective. I did notice a small amount of peeling/reddness though so be mindful with how much you apply and how ofter you use it. It's not a "miracle cure" for me though.... the only miracle cure is spironolactone :)

It works when nothing else does!!!
Reviewed on July 7, 2016

This was the absolute best find for me! my face was clear within 3 weeks! I use it faithfully in the morning and at night! It's worth the money!

Excellent product V impressed!!! TRY THIS!
Reviewed on June 6, 2016

I've tried loads and loads of methods. Dan's regimen worked for me, but also destroyed my skin a bit, and made all my clothes bleached. It also didn't work 100%. Nevertheless, I've stuck with the regimen for about 7 years because it's been the only thing that more or less works.

Just been using this (the UK version without BP) with a little bit of Dan's BP underneath and it's worked wonders. PLEASE DO TRY THIS! (I'm 1 33 year old male btw., without very bad acne, but bad enough to get white pustules relatively frequently if only on Dan's regimen). I'm so happy I've found this. In a month or so I'm going to try to stop BP entirely and see if this works on its own. Really praying it does. Will report back. Top product 5 star!!!

Don't Waste your Money
Reviewed on March 14, 2016

I've never found 1 single over the counter product that works... not even this 1. I use to have terrible acne, but then I started something called Erythromycin-Benzoyl Peroxide Topical Gel. 3 days later, my face was completely clear. I did purge during the 1st 24 hours (purge = got worse initially.) I pay 15$ every 3 months on my copay for insurance & I went to my primary care physician. You can go to the dermatologist, but they're a lot more expensive. Insurance treats a specialist different & they get to charge you a lot more. Anyways, my advice is don't waste your money on OTC products. Start off with your doctor to begin with. You'll save so much money in the long run.