x

Ketoconazole Oral Antifungal Medication reviews

Brand: Ketoconazole

200 mg Ketoconazole.

Colloidal silicon dioxide, corn starch, lactose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, and povidone.

IT IS WORKING
Reviewed on November 21, 2014

I started to have so many tiny bumps that itched so bad at my chest, neck and checks I read about Pityrosporum folliculitis, and yeast infecction, so I decide to take 400 mg of ketoconazole daily (200mg AM and 200mg PM) in a week and a half an 80% of my chest and neck cleared up, Im going to continue doing this ti check what happens

Kyle, NH
Reviewed on August 17, 2010

If you are an adult and have persistent acne you may want to ask your dermatologist about ketoconazole. Ketoconazole is most often used as a shampoo under the Nizoral brand. It's also available in tablet form which is what I take. I've been through two rounds of Accutane, two years of Retin-A, three years of the Acne.org regimen, hundreds of Stridex/Oxy/other salicylic acid pads, AcneFree and ProActiv systems, etc. If you're reading this I'm sure you have too. Luckily I have genetics on my side, as both parents had clear skin by the time they hit their early 20s. At 21, after a second round of Accutane, my face started to break out around my forehead and chin. My forehead was filled with tiny read bumps that never relented. It wasn't too noticeable or painful, just annoying. My derm thought it might actually be a yeast infection and prescribed my 200mg tablets of ketoconazole, which I take once a week for 8 weeks. It's been 5 days now and I have already seen a drastic reduction in my forehead "pimples" (actually an infection) and the rest of my inflammation has completely subsided. I'm not clear yet, but my complexion and texture of my skin is better than it has been in years. I think the 8 weeks of ketoconazole combined with the .1% Differin I use at night will finally rid me of acne. Please ask your derm about it, you may not have 'natural' breakouts and instead your acne might be the result of an infection, ESPECIALLY if you're still suffering as an adult. Hope this helps.

Powerful. Proprietary. Proven.
  • Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clicnics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-free
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by the experts at Acne.org