Jojoba Oil Reviews

Jojoba Oil

Whatever your skin problems are, I can fix them...

If you have oily skin or dry skin, it's not jojoba oils fault - you'd have bad skin even without using jojoba oil... Jojoba oil is meant to be a moisturizer, not a fix-all. I use jojoba oil regularly and it has helped to make my skin great. I made a website to help people like you, not sell them things. vitaminfortheskin.com - I WILL cure your awful skin.

STAY AWAY!

I had high hopes for this oil. I have been through Roaccutane and now have great skin, so thought that jojoba oil would be a nice addition to my current routine and help with fine lines. Within 2 days I started breaking our horribly (I usually only get 1 small pimple a month) my cheeks were lumpy and my forehead started getting large red spots. I read there was a purging phase so pushed through for a week but gave up as my skin was getting worse scarily fast. After 2 days back onto my NeoStrata routine my skin is almost completely cleared again, and no new spots are forming. I will never be changing up my routine again. If I could give Jojoba Oil 0 stars I would.

Miracle Oil

I have been using Jojoba oil at nighttime everyday for 2 weeks. I saw a noticeable change in my acne, pigmentation and texture of my skin within a week. My skin now has less acne scars and no other products i have tried worked as much as Jojoba Oil did. Give it a try if you have pigmentation from past pimples. Also hoping it will help with my very oily skin.

Comments

May be worth it for some

Upon starting to use jojoba oil on your face, your skin WILL purge! It could take your skin a month to settle down. If your skin likes this oil, after that time it should clear up some. Jojoba is pretty good to hydrate your skin. However, breakouts continue often because of internal reasons. Also, some people's skin will never like this oil and will only be broken out by it. Worth a shot if you are willing to try and don't have many other options, but it just wasn't worth it for me to keep using it. Best moisturizer I have ever used - Renee Rouleau Skin Recovery Lotion. Yes it is expensive ($40 for a small bottle) but it is the best. Only negative thing I have to say about it is that I wish it was a little heavier it's really light and sometimes I need more hydration.

Great for face and hair

I have been using jojoba oil for face for years now. I suffered from acne back in the days and jojoba oil was only moisturizer that worked for me. Since then acne disappeared but I still use jojoba oil as a daily moisturizer. I also use jojoba oil for hair as its benfits is excellent for hair too. Here are more info about jojoba oil for hair: [link edited out]

Comments

Great to keep oily skin at bay

I first used jojoba oil a couple of months ago and I have not had an oily face since the first day I used it. I used organic jojoba oil from a health store and I've also used dans from the regimen and I didn't notice a difference between them they were equally great. I use it underneath my moisturizer, I apply the oil first and then my lubriderm. Works great

Oily Skin No More

I used to have such oily skin on my T-zone, especially my nose, and after using this jojoba, my face is so much more balanced. I might still have some oil on my nose at the end of the day, but I'm saving so much money on oil blotters after buying this oil. I would use three to four blotters a day before this. Now I might use one. I buy mine through Mountain Rose Herbs. They are based in Oregon and have so many products for people wanting a more natural life. You should really check them out. (and no, I'm not being paid to say that nor do I work for them)

Regretting it

I don't know if I believe in purging anymore that notion has gotten my skin to the point where it's lost a lot of clarity and I suggest anyone using products unless there retinoids or whatever(not familiar with those) to stop using them because purging could just mean it's causing more harm than good. On to jojoba oil it broke me out immediately and clogged pores all around my nose looks like milia I'm very upset. Do I recommend it? No but it might work for some but I mainly just use water to wash my face

TrentZev25
I hate to hear that jojoba oil didn't work for you. Try hemp seed or argan oil. Good luck randymenlay!

love this oil

I love jojoba oil! It has a thinner consistency than olive oil or other oils, like castor oil. It's supposed to be the oil that's the most similar to your sebum. So i found that after consistent use of jojoba oil, my sebum production was much more regulated. It also serves a great moisturizer too!

Jfv

Miracle

I guess this is not for everyone and it really depends on your skin type. My skin is super, super sensitive and mixed oily/dry. I mostly get huge breakouts in my jaw line and cheeks and I have large pored and blackheads on my nose. My acne is very hormonal, I always get uncontrolable breakouts before I got my period and half-way through my cycle. And also when I'm stressed (I also pick my face a lot when I'm stressed). If you relate to this, it's worth trying jojoba oil (or other types of natural oils). I bought the Fushi unrefined pure jojoba oil, they have a table that indicates the best type of oils for your skin type. When I bought it I was pretty sure it was going to break me out massively, but within two days all my spots were gone. It's been two months now and my face it still pretty clear. I still get spots, especially when I can't resist to pick my face, but they don't spread and are gone much quicker. I still have blackheads but they take much longer to build up. It didn't do anything for my millia though. But overall I'm so happy, I have had acne since I was 12, I'm now 28 and my skin has never looked this good since I was 12. Here's what i do: At night I take 8 drops of the oil and rub my face with it with my hands. Really scrubbing where I know dirt accumulates. I don't even remove my make-up because the oil does the job. Then I wash my face with neutrogena acne facewash beause you don't want to leave any dirty oil behind. Then I use two drops of oil as moisturizer. I stopped using toner because I felt I was stripping to much hydratation out of my skin. Same with make-up remover. In the morning I clean my skin with a very very gentle cleanser (VERY gentle) and then I use a no fragance gentle moisturizer with a drop of oil. I still use a clay and /or a peel off mask once a week. Other changes I did were to keep a towel just for my face and use a clean one every second day. I also change my pillowcase every 2-3 days. I cannot tell you how happy I am with this!

Works well for me - but get good quality, 100% pure and organic

Make sure you get a high quality Organic one - many available on Amazon for really inexpensive prices ($9-$12). You want to ensure you aren't putting a bunch of chemicals on your skin or buy a cheap brand that mixes other oils in. This stuff works. I just use a small amount, about the size of a penny or few drops even, and I apply after I wash my face. I love this stuff. If you aren't convinced, do your own research on which types of oils are the most/least comedogenic (meaning how likely they are to clog up your pores). Coconut oil is NOT good for the acne prone. Organic Jojoba is a much better option. I got rid of all of my moisturizers. I'm going back to keeping it simple with my diet, hygiene, and overall general approach...and am definitely seeing a difference. Important note: I am also doing gluten free diet, which I'm certain is also helping the changes I'm seeing.

what is ur skin type? did u go thru the "purge" stage? mine is super oily acne prone..the worst.....i realy want to give it a try
Can you Pls suggest some pure brands

not what i thought it would be, and thats a good thing...

coconut oil is the go to thing for just about everything these days, from split ends to heartbreak..... but when i tried it as a moisturizer, it left my face feeling super greeeeeazzzzzzey and oftentimes with break outs. i was skeptical when i ordered the jojoba oil with the rest of my acne regimen products, but i was pleasantly surprised. i use a few drops throughout my face followed by the moisturizer and it absorbs well into my skin yet leaves a healthy dewy glow. i tend to have very oily skin and somehow this seems to balance it all out. im very happy with this product. i should also mention a little goes a long way.

I really want to try jojoba oil but I'm really scared because I have really oily skin and clogged pores and acne prone so I don't know if I'm going to waste money or not! Is your skin kind of like mine? because if so, I will definitely invest in this

HORRIBLE for oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin!

I bought the Desert Essence 100% pure Jojoba oil. As soon as I used it, it broke me out everywhere. Huge red pimples and SO MANY white heads. I stopped using it for a while just to find out what broke me out, as I hear everyone raving about it. I used it again a few weeks later and it did the same thing. So I stopped using it completely. I started using a lip balm recently from seba med, and as soon as I used it, it broke me out all around my mouth, chin and cheeks because the lip balm contains Jojoba oil. Would NEVER recommend it!!

That's because that's a cheep one. It's known for breaking people out. You have to get a good quality one or else yes it will break you out.
TrentZev25
Everyone reacts uniquely to jojoba oil just as they do to any product for skin. If its 100% pure jojoba oil then I doubt you brokeout because of the brand lol. Try using hemp or argan oil before giving up on oils in general. Jojoba oil is usually great for multiple purposes but some folks simply don't tolorate it well. Good luck Dee6754!

Oil Cleanse

I recently switched to the oil cleansing method using only jojoba oil and I will never wash my face any other way! There is no need to moisturize after I wash anymore, and my face is less oily throughout the day. This is truly the best thing I have ever stumbled upon.

Do you just use jojoba like any other face cleanser?

A big surprise for me!!!

I never thought that with my acne I would be reviewing an oil, having been told my entire life to stay away from oils as they were bad for my oily skin. However last year I heard about OCM and bought a bottle of jojoba oil. Within one use my skin looked better. I then started using it as a moisturiser. I thought it would make me break out but it actually kept the acne at bay. It even helped my acne heal. My skin looks less oily now using an oil than it did when I did not use it.

Works!

I started using jojoba oil mixed with argan oil after months of continuous breakouts. For the first two weeks, it didn't seem to be doing anything to my skin. In fact, from the looks of it, I thought it was making my skin worse! But after the initial purging phase, my skin drastically cleared up and has been clear ever since. Just make sure you get organic and 100% pure so you aren't putting any other ingredients on your face.

Less is more

I had combination oily acne prone skin and I have been using jojoba oil on the face and neck for 6 months now. It is amazing at hydrating the skin. The key is to use one very light pump of jojoba oil (no bigger than a small pea size), rub between hands onto four fingers (this helps eliminate too much product) and then gently but firmly pat into the skin of face and neck. You do not want to rub this oil onto skin nor do you want to use a lot of it. a little bit goes a long way and patting will allow the oil to penetrate the skin best. Hope this helps.

didn't do much

I have very greasy skin that's also flaky. I get all types of acne on my face, mainly blackheads and on the rare occasion some cysts. I tried jojoba oil bc I heard it mimics the natural sebum oil produced by the face and is supposed to lessen oil production. This didn't make my acne any worse (thank god) but for my skin type it's an awful moisturizer. It didn't help with the flakiness and my skin would be so oily it looked wet by the end of the day. I don't think my skin was fully absorbing the jojoba oil. Also, the way it mixed with my concealer/foundation/powder made my skin look rough in the t-zone. Jojoba oil might be better for someone with skin that is not flaky/crusty and not prone to whiteheads.

How long were you using it for? Your face is used to producing an excess amount of oil, but with the jojoba's sebum like qualities, it will tell your skin you have enough and the natural production will balance out. Just need to stick with it daily and long term!

Very disappointed on jojoba oil....

I've had acne since a very young age and been struggling with it for pretty much my whole life. And I also have oily skin... I used the one from Now Foods. Thought jojoba oil could finally be the thing that works besides proactiv... But NO!! It did nothing but makes my face even worse... My face was quite clam before i started using jojoba oil, with just one or two pimples occasionally.... After just 2 or 3 weeks of use, my face broke out madly... Unlike any other pimples before... It broke out in my forehead and chin areas, not just one or two pimples, but a big patch of pimples all crawl out at once... which are so awfully to look at... The situation is not f even tho I've already stopped using jojoba oil for a month... I really hope someone can tell me how to deal with these horrible acnes cus I'll go to my best fd's wedding next month... :-(:-(

Try (Epsom Salt)... this kind of salt take out toxins from the body and see the reviews for yourself in this site. Huge benefits!
Try using an apple cider vinegar spot treatment or diluted with water as an astringent! Just wash the spot treatment off after 20-30 minutes. Also, try washing your face with honey. I wouldn't give up on the jojoba. Switching to natural products usually will bring out the bad stuff before it gets better!

controls oil

so for everyone saying that it broke them out-- its supposed to. Jojoba oil has a purge phase much like other acne treatments, and it comes in the form of ugly whiteheads and red pimples. however, this goes away soon enough. Ive been using dessert essence's jojoba, moringa, and rosehip oil as a moisturizer for about 2 or 3 months. I used to use a heavy cera-ve cream but i realized that this was not good for my EXTREMELY oily skin. now, 3 months later, my oily skin has almost gone away COMPLETELY and now i have basically normal skin. the chemical makeup of jojoba oil is very similar to that of sebum, so it tricks the skin into thinking it has produced enough. over time, you can train your skin to produce less and less oil. i use this after i wash my face twice daily, and i swear by it! i will never use another moisturizer again.

Boswellic Acid for Acne Instead

I heard Jojoba helps but years ago I only saw it made it worst. I know Boswellic Acid is excellent for acne treatments. I use a product called Desert Lavender by Emerald Cove Botanicals and it contains a high concentration of boswellic acid since it is a pure extract and not pills that don't really work. I mainly use it for arthritis but my friend has used it on her daughter and it removed her acne overnight. The best part is that it is natural with no preservatives or chemicals, which is only a big deal if you rather use natural products. You can look in the national center for biotechnology information site and see the countless medical studies on boswellic acid. [link edited out]

didn't work for me.

This doesn't work on my face as a moisturizer. I read about people using it to massage into their pores and then rinsing..it was supposed to loosen clogged pores or somehing I guess..didn't work for me...left my skin looking quite strange and broke me out. Its good as a scalp treatment tho.

Popular Household/Natural