Jojoba Oil reviews

4.1/5 - 392 reviews

Oily Skin No More
Reviewed on October 27, 2017

I used to have such oily skin on my T-zone, especially my nose, and after using this jojoba, my face is so much more balanced. I might still have some oil on my nose at the end of the day, but I'm saving so much money on oil blotters after buying this oil. I would use three to four blotters a day before this. Now I might use one. I buy mine through Mountain Rose Herbs. They are based in Oregon and have so many products for people wanting a more natural life. You should really check them out. (and no, I'm not being paid to say that nor do I work for them)

Regretting it
Reviewed on October 4, 2017

I don't know if I believe in purging anymore that notion has gotten my skin to the point where it's lost a lot of clarity and I suggest anyone using products unless there retinoids or whatever(not familiar with those) to stop using them because purging could just mean it's causing more harm than good. On to jojoba oil it broke me out immediately and clogged pores all around my nose looks like milia I'm very upset. Do I recommend it? No but it might work for some but I mainly just use water to wash my face

by TrentZev25 on 10/20/2017 23:07
I hate to hear that jojoba oil didn't work for you. Try hemp seed or argan oil. Good luck randymenlay!
love this oil
Reviewed on September 16, 2017

I love jojoba oil!

It has a thinner consistency than olive oil or other oils, like castor oil. It's supposed to be the oil that's the most similar to your sebum.

So i found that after consistent use of jojoba oil, my sebum production was much more regulated. It also serves a great moisturizer too!

Miracle
Reviewed on July 13, 2017

I guess this is not for everyone and it really depends on your skin type. My skin is super, super sensitive and mixed oily/dry. I mostly get huge breakouts in my jaw line and cheeks and I have large pored and blackheads on my nose. My acne is very hormonal, I always get uncontrolable breakouts before I got my period and half-way through my cycle. And also when I'm stressed (I also pick my face a lot when I'm stressed).

If you relate to this, it's worth trying jojoba oil (or other types of natural oils). I bought the Fushi unrefined pure jojoba oil, they have a table that indicates the best type of oils for your skin type. When I bought it I was pretty sure it was going to break me out massively, but within two days all my spots were gone. It's been two months now and my face it still pretty clear. I still get spots, especially when I can't resist to pick my face, but they don't spread and are gone much quicker. I still have blackheads but they take much longer to build up. It didn't do anything for my millia though. But overall I'm so happy, I have had acne since I was 12, I'm now 28 and my skin has never looked this good since I was 12.

Here's what i do:

At night I take 8 drops of the oil and rub my face with it with my hands. Really scrubbing where I know dirt accumulates. I don't even remove my make-up because the oil does the job. Then I wash my face with neutrogena acne facewash beause you don't want to leave any dirty oil behind. Then I use two drops of oil as moisturizer. I stopped using toner because I felt I was stripping to much hydratation out of my skin. Same with make-up remover.

In the morning I clean my skin with a very very gentle cleanser (VERY gentle) and then I use a no fragance gentle moisturizer with a drop of oil.

I still use a clay and /or a peel off mask once a week.

Other changes I did were to keep a towel just for my face and use a clean one every second day. I also change my pillowcase every 2-3 days.

I cannot tell you how happy I am with this!

Works well for me - but get good quality, 100% pure and organic
Reviewed on July 10, 2017

Make sure you get a high quality Organic one - many available on Amazon for really inexpensive prices ($9-$12). You want to ensure you aren't putting a bunch of chemicals on your skin or buy a cheap brand that mixes other oils in. This stuff works. I just use a small amount, about the size of a penny or few drops even, and I apply after I wash my face. I love this stuff. If you aren't convinced, do your own research on which types of oils are the most/least comedogenic (meaning how likely they are to clog up your pores). Coconut oil is NOT good for the acne prone. Organic Jojoba is a much better option. I got rid of all of my moisturizers. I'm going back to keeping it simple with my diet, hygiene, and overall general approach...and am definitely seeing a difference. Important note: I am also doing gluten free diet, which I'm certain is also helping the changes I'm seeing.

by Xari Ralte on 08/05/2017 15:08
what is ur skin type? did u go thru the "purge" stage? mine is super oily acne prone..the worst.....i realy want to give it a try
not what i thought it would be, and thats a good thing...
Reviewed on May 18, 2017

coconut oil is the go to thing for just about everything these days, from split ends to heartbreak..... but when i tried it as a moisturizer, it left my face feeling super greeeeeazzzzzzey and oftentimes with break outs. i was skeptical when i ordered the jojoba oil with the rest of my acne regimen products, but i was pleasantly surprised. i use a few drops throughout my face followed by the moisturizer and it absorbs well into my skin yet leaves a healthy dewy glow. i tend to have very oily skin and somehow this seems to balance it all out. im very happy with this product. i should also mention a little goes a long way.

by redcarpetbabe on 06/01/2017 14:51
I really want to try jojoba oil but I'm really scared because I have really oily skin and clogged pores and acne prone so I don't know if I'm going to waste money or not! Is your skin kind of like mine? because if so, I will definitely invest in this
HORRIBLE for oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin!
Reviewed on April 23, 2017

I bought the Desert Essence 100% pure Jojoba oil. As soon as I used it, it broke me out everywhere. Huge red pimples and SO MANY white heads. I stopped using it for a while just to find out what broke me out, as I hear everyone raving about it. I used it again a few weeks later and it did the same thing. So I stopped using it completely. I started using a lip balm recently from seba med, and as soon as I used it, it broke me out all around my mouth, chin and cheeks because the lip balm contains Jojoba oil. Would NEVER recommend it!!

by Tyraa77 on 05/07/2017 03:02
That's because that's a cheep one. It's known for breaking people out. You have to get a good quality one or else yes it will break you out.
by TrentZev25 on 10/19/2017 19:03
Everyone reacts uniquely to jojoba oil just as they do to any product for skin. If its 100% pure jojoba oil then I doubt you brokeout because of the brand lol. Try using hemp or argan oil before giving up on oils in general. Jojoba oil is usually great for multiple purposes but some folks simply don't tolorate it well. Good luck Dee6754!
Oil Cleanse
Reviewed on February 11, 2017

I recently switched to the oil cleansing method using only jojoba oil and I will never wash my face any other way! There is no need to moisturize after I wash anymore, and my face is less oily throughout the day. This is truly the best thing I have ever stumbled upon.

by Rachie39 on 03/13/2017 07:16
Do you just use jojoba like any other face cleanser?
A big surprise for me!!!
Reviewed on January 30, 2017

I never thought that with my acne I would be reviewing an oil, having been told my entire life to stay away from oils as they were bad for my oily skin. However last year I heard about OCM and bought a bottle of jojoba oil. Within one use my skin looked better. I then started using it as a moisturiser. I thought it would make me break out but it actually kept the acne at bay. It even helped my acne heal. My skin looks less oily now using an oil than it did when I did not use it.

Works!
Reviewed on December 24, 2016

I started using jojoba oil mixed with argan oil after months of continuous breakouts. For the first two weeks, it didn't seem to be doing anything to my skin. In fact, from the looks of it, I thought it was making my skin worse! But after the initial purging phase, my skin drastically cleared up and has been clear ever since. Just make sure you get organic and 100% pure so you aren't putting any other ingredients on your face.