Johnson's Head-to-Toe Baby Wash Reviews

Brand: Johnson's

Johnson's Head-to-Toe Baby Wash

ALTERNATIVE FOR ACNE.ORG'S REGIMEN CLEANSER

My friends and family find it weird that most of my facial products are baby products. Johnson's Head-to-Toe Baby Wash is one of those. I'm using this cleanser for a year now because it is very mild for the skin, does not strip the natural moisture from my face and does not leave my skin feeling tacky or tight, and it is very cheap. My skin is very sensitive and acne-prone, how unlucky right? However, I do not want the situation of my skin to prevent me from having a clear skin so I started the regimen developed by Acne.Org. The steps are very basic: cleanse, treat acne, moisturize. In just 4 months, my 3-year struggle with acne were gone. I will not stop following these simple steps because it really works, but since their products are not available in my country yet and international shipping is expensive, I looked for an alternative for their cleanser. Johnson's Head-to-Toe Baby Wash is a great alternative. Regimen users will know that these 2 products leave the same feeling.

Gentle, Non-Drying

I tried this cleanser as replacement for the acne.org cleanser since they have similar ingredients. It's less foaming but also less drying. It's also much less expensive. I'm pleasantly surprised. I use it head to toe literally. Great find.

Comments

best product for use on sensitive and acne prone skin

I wish I found out about this product sooner! basically harsh intense products ruined my skin. Even cetaphil made my skin red and irritated. When I saw a tweet about using the aveeno baby wash/shampoo for acne (aveeno is the best kind) I decided to give it a try and wow! My skin has never been more "normal" then it is now and my acne and acne scars are going away quickly. It also takes off makeup unlike any other product I've used. It's a great multi purpose cleanser! I definitely recommend this product to anyone struggling with sensitive skin and stubborn acne

GREAT!

What a great product! For my sensitive skin, this body wash works perfectly. And I have even been using it on my face with no irritation and no dryness. YEAH! How great to find a product that works well and doesn't cost an arm and a leg! Thanks to all who reviewed this product because I never would have tried it otherwise. I give it 2 thumbs up! UPDATE: I am not changing my rating because I still love this on my body, but I had to stop using it on my face because over time, it was too drying. Still a great product though!

love it

I love this stuff! What else can you use to wash your face, body, hair, children, AND makeup brushes? It is soo soothing and effective and does NOT cause breakouts! It removes all my eye makeup and I love that it does not sting my eyes! It's gentle at cleansing my face and absolutely does not leave a dry/tight feeling. This is an excellent, all purpose cleanser that is mild!

Less is more!

I have used this for over 5 years now, as a face and body wash - I love a multitasker. I had suffered from acne from my teenage years through to my mid twenties. The more specific 'acne' products I used, the worse my skin got. I decided to try this after reading some positive reviews about it on the forums here. Since I began using it, I no longer suffer from acne. I'm afraid I can't remember how long it took for all my acne to clear up but now I would go as far as to say I have 'good' skin. It's brilliant stuff. I urge you to throw away all of those medicated products promoted to reduce acne that just seem to contribute to the problem and try this instead. This makes no promises, just cleans your skin. Plus it's cheap and you can use it for everything if you wanted to. I use it only in the evening now to wash off my make up before bed. In the morning I just use water, sometimes with a wash cloth. Having recently made the realisation that my skin is now better than I'd ever hoped it would be, I thought I would come back to acne.org to do some reviews in the hope that my reviews will help you, like others helped me. Good luck!

After 25 years..+sensitive skin

I have tried EVERYTHING. I've had scaring acne since grade 5 and have continued for years up to 25 years old. I started using the baby shampoo for eye makeup on a q tip. I thought, hey that works very good... Let me tell you. I've tried, toners. Lotions. Serum. Masks. Prescription. Gels. Pastes. Alcohol based facial pads. Wipes. Oils. Extracts. DIY from Pinterest. Dermatologist micro dermabrasion. ECt. Everything has either broke me out, dried my skin to painful scales and swelling, hives, oily, or zero change at all. I SWEAR. So one day in the shower I ran out of my facial cleanser I had been using. So I decided to use the baby shampoo !!!!! I've got extremely picky and sensitive skin. Everything I listed. Did not happen. Perfect skin compared to my usual break outs. Used a toner after and the pad was clean!! Unlike using the other products before. I'm SO impressed my severe acne has subsided by a very impressive rate!!!!!!!!!! I will likely always use baby shampoo FOR EVER now.

Comments

Great product for already clear skin

This product is ideal for individuals with sensitive, easily irritated skin, however only for those whom are NOT battling an acne breakout. I began using this product after using a string of cleansers in order to treat a really bad breakout, which in turn had caused my skin to react. After baby wash, my skin calmed down, and eventually my face cleared up. This is definitely a great product because of the affordable price tag, although would not recommend for clearing up acne or a breakout as it contains no ingredients targeted to do so. Rather it's a nice and gentle way of cleansing on a daily basis for those whom have relatively clear skin and would like to keep it that way.

Comments

Aveeno Baby body wash and shampoo is better

Inexpensive mulit-use for hair and body; whole family no SLS compared to Johnson's Head-to-Toe contains potentially irritating fragrance I tried the Aveeno Baby body wash and shampoo and was delighted with the results. My skin was soft, smooth and not tight feeling. It does not contain SLS as the regular Johnson's Head to Toe does (both washes are manufactured by J&J.) Worked great on my frizzy, curly hair, too! A bit more expensive than the Head to Toe, but coupons and sales are out all the time (I bought mine at our bulk club.) I usually use Cetaphil, but I like this better (and its cheaper ounce-for-ounce.) The only regret is that it contains fragrance. However, the majority of the ingredients are comparable to [link removed] cleanser.

Great gentle cleanser - especially for Regimen users

Lathers very well Affordable Gentle Contains SLS Not the best to remove 'long wearing' makeup (often have to cleanse twice to remove any makeup) I've been using this cleanser (called top-to-toe in Australia) for a bit over a month now, since starting the Acne.org Regimen and really like it. Great for people who want to use store bought products on the Regimen. It is 'baby scented' (which I don't mind - to me it's very mild and not at all noticeable during the day). At times my skin felt a bit dry / tight after cleansing but I don't think I can attribute that to this cleanser alone as I've been using BP since starting using this, and BP is more likely to have made my skin feel like that. I do wish it didn't have SLS though. Overall though, I really do like this cleanser and plan to keep using it! Definitely recommend it as a store-bought alternative for regimen users.

Dan

Great alternative Regimen cleanser

Great foam Large sizes for cheap prices Backed by large, reputable company Contains Sodium Laureth Sulfate, a potentially irritating ingredient Fragranced - I prefer scent-free This is a great alternative cleanser when on The Regimen. It is sold everywhere, comes in large and extra large sizes for extremely affordable prices. It's a mass market, low cost product, but reaches a high quality mark worthy of 5 stars. It really goes to show that you don't need to pay more for quality. Part of the reason this cleanser lather so well is from the addition of Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLS), a strong ingredient which efficiently removes oils but which can tend to be a little overdrying depending on the amount used in a cleanser. However, even with the addition of SLS, this cleanser proves to be a manageable and long-term solution for cleansing, especially if you don't mind a slightly baby-scented cleansing product. J&J makes me feel all cozy inside: I am not familiar with the inner workings of the company, but I personally like that this cleanser is made by Johnson & Johnson's--one of the oldest and most trusted companies out there--and that it's made for babies. There's just no way the biggest name in baby wash is fooling around with quality of their product.

The Canadian version does not have SLS
The British version doesn't contain sulphates either. Aqua, Coco-Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Citric Acid, Acrtlates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Glyceryl Oleate, p-Anisic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Parfum.
Guest Lauren
Guest Lauren

Affordable & readily available in most stores Lathers well & rinses clean Gentle Can also be used as shampoo, body wash, & makeup remover Made me break out, & not in a way that suggested a purging process

totally helpful.... /sarcasm
Thanks for taking the time to be a little douchey
really tho. KayJayM/rude
Guest Salvador
Guest Salvador

amazing cleanser better than most if not all other cleansers not overdrying good for every skin type doesn't strip face's oil extremely gentle available anywhere and everywhere N.O.N.E dont waste your money on harsh expensive cleansers, this is the better than ANY other cleanser you can buy at a store! you wont regret buying it!

Guest yazchi
Guest yazchi

transparent little goes a long way easily washes oil away gentler than pricier face wash good for sensitive skin doesn't strip my face of natural oils soothes dry, irritated eyes (lol) none yet i have sensitive skin to start of and retin-a aggravates it more so my skin can't tolerate harsh cleansers. i opted for this baby wash 'cause i thought it's meant for babies' skin so it's gentle. and it's true, compared to my other cleansers this stuff didn't dry my skin. my skin is supple and dewy even if i wash my face twice consecutively (i have "very" oily skin). all i need is a drop or two so it's much cheaper 'cause a little goes a long way. my face is less red than before and it didn't aggravate my acne-prone skin. i have dry eyes too and since using this as face wash i noticed that my eyes aren't that irritated anymore so it's a plus. (i think i can use contacts again! hurraaay!) i just hope this won't change with time. by the way i like this more than johnson's baby milk bath. milk bath has stronger fragrance and doesn't get rid of oilies in one wash.

Popular Cleansers/Washes