Jane Iredale Mineral Cosmetics Reviews

Brand: Jane Iredale

Jane Iredale Mineral Cosmetics

Terrible waste of money

Purchased this in hope to cover my red rosacea skin. However the coverage is terrible. Purchased the compact case which was so cheap and both worth the extra money...it should be sold with the case. I asked for my money back as the product does not live up to expectations but Jane Iredale obviosly don't care about customer service. Don't waste your money on this product.

Fast, easy and flawless

I have been using this foundation for about 5 years now, and it's one of the very few that does not break me out. My skin seems to do best with powder foundations, as the liquids always seep into my pores and break me out. This foundation looks beautiful on my skin, and the ONLY reason I did not give it 5 stars is because it does not control my oil at all, and if you have any flakiness, it will accentuate it so exfoliate well in the am :)

Best I've used!

Jane Iredale is the only brand I've used on my face for 2 years now and I can see the difference. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin. The products cover well but also don't cause new breakouts. I'll never use anything again. My medical esthetician recommended this brand to me.

Not for me

I've used the pressed powder, then stopped using it and switched to Almay, then started using it again and unfortunately its a huge waste of money for me. I have oily skin, but also dry skin, lets just say its difficult skin lol, and this product goes on wonderfully, but it starts to look cakey the longer I wear it and it doesn't stay on my skin very well. I think the reason is because my skin is oily. I end up having to blot my face several times a day with this makeup, whereas with Almay I don't. I also work a pretty physical job, so I need something that will stay in place when I sweat, and this just doesn't. I think it would be wonderful for normal skin, but who has that when they have acne?

Love!

I have used Jane Iredale pure pressed powder for the past two years since suffering with acne. I used it to cover up, during my roaccutane treatment and now acne free - It is a product that I know won't aggravate my skin. I get compliments on how pure my skin looks and I am convinced its the great coverage that this powder gives!I do not use foundtation or concealers, just this! I've tried bare minerals before, thought it was rubbish in comparison! Love!

AMAZING!

Looks great covers scars Has sun protection Buildable coverage Not so good for dry skin The pressed powder was recommended for me when i went to see someone about my acne (I had some acne on my forehead) I fell in love with this! It can be built up to pretty full coverage and looks great. I think it might not look so good if you have dry skin though it might start to look a bit dry and cakey. I do have dry skin but i exfoliate and moisturise and it works great for me. It never broke me out and my acne cleared up even when i was using this everyday. Definitely try and get a test amount of the product first as it is expensive. Plus it has sun protection which is great in helping avoid hyper-pigmentation and sensitive skin issues during antibiotics and treatment. I found at first it might look a bit too matte and powdery however give it half an hour and your natural skin oils make it look great and like natural skin

Comments

- matte finish. it's good if you don't want a foundation that is "shimmery". no particles in it that "shine" - after 1 or 2 hours, really blends with skin and looks natural - no breakouts, my skin improved - after 8 hours, it looks cakey. even if you use the foundation and powder sparingly, if you have any wrinkles or deep acne scars, this makeup just sits in it! - it wipes off really easily. like it's sitting "above" your skin. Whenever I wipe my mouth or blow my nose, it looks horrible. You have to immediately touch up. I've tried a few foundations: L'oreal, Lancome, Almay, Marcelle, Arbonne, Mary Kay. This one is meh...okay. I think Jane Iredale makes me look 10 yrs older, but my acne has definitely calmed down since I started using it.

Guest Jenn
Guest Jenn

Medium Coverage Lasts all day Tons of Product (Half way through the pan and I have had it for over a year and use it daily) Skin looks and feels like skin, not foundation. Does not control oil I always try new foundations but I always come back to this. My only issue is that it does not control oil, and my even make me a bit oilier.

Comments

- great coverage - mineral based - has SPF - doesn't case breakouts - great with other foundations - a little expensive - face can become shiny if you have oily skin like mine I have been using this product for many years and have loved it! I have tried using other products that were cheaper and was easier to access, but I always go back to this. I have had acne since elementary school and this makeup has been the best that i've used.

KRW

GREAT coverage Looks very natural on seems to be lasting a long time a little pricey - but you get what you pay for and I still think this is worth every penny I LOVE this mineral make-up. I have had issues with a lot of mineral make-up (which I now know if from the bismuth) and this make up was reccomended by my dermo. I think the coverage is wonderful (although on very newly healed and active acne I need a bit of extra concealer) and I have been using it for 4 months and have barely made a dent in the compact. I would def. reccomend to anyone with acne prone skin.

Comments

Covers really well when used with their Dissapear Concealer. Doesn't make me break out!! A bit expensive. Doesn't last to long... Looks wrong if you don't get the right color Have to order online or buy at dermatologist's office It's amazing! It helped me clear up when Bare Minerals was breaking me out terribly.

Comments

- Non-irritating - Luminous finish, which is nice during the winter but makes me look blindingly glowing during sweaty summer months - Breaks me out in tiny bumps all on cheeks during both 3-month periods that I've used it - Drying (like most mineral powder) - Absurdly expensive. $50 for mineral powder??! The folks at Jane Iredale must be laughing all the way to the bank. Absolutely not worth the money. Have tried nearly every mineral powder on the market and am not a fan in general. (The best is Alima Pure.)

Comments

Great coverage, reduces my reddness, has anti-inflammatory properties in it, great for sensitive skin, rosacea, acne scarring, doesn't make my skin look oily, easy to use, good for sensitive skin, paraben and talc free, has an SPF 20 in it, and doesn't make me break out, looooooooong lasting coverage as well........15+ hours, I also sleep in this every night and it doesn't negatively affect me! It is a bit pricey.......but it's worth it in my opinion Try it.....it's the ONLY make up line my skin can tolerate!

Comments

-Non Greasy -Did not irritate my skin -Felt Light -Sheer coverage unless used with Green Tea concealer -Bumps are more noticeable than they are under a liquid foundation I apply this foundation with a brush after applying the jane iredale green tea concealer. Completely conceals the redness but i'm not crazy about the powdery finish... I was previously using the Estee Lauder double wear, which, i will admit, offered better coverage as this foundation tends to magnify bumps due to its temporary powdery finish. After blush, bronzer and great eye makeup jane iredale creates a healthy look that feels much better on the skin than say a heavy liquid like EL double wear. Note: The powdery finish really is temporary..once the makeup sets/your skin becomes oilier it looks great.

Guest Ashley
Guest Ashley

Great coverage! Has spf 25 Expensive (at least for me), for best coverage, need to buy the Jane Iredale brushes as well - which then adds to price I refuse to were concealer/luquid make-up. Regardless of how well it may cover, I had the feeling - This powder covers amazingly! You would think you are using concealer! Its light weight weight and mineral based.

Guest Ruth
Guest Ruth

Excellent coverage, despite my acne scarring. Smooth skin with nice glow. Makes your skin look matte without it even looking like you're wearing make up. It is also really good for people suffering from acne because it has mineral properties in it which reduces inflammation. My personal skin care specialist introduced this line to me, and I have never stopped using it since. If you don't get the right shade, it can look really off on your skin.Even if you're like a shade off, it won't really blend well with your skin. You have to get the precise tone. Jane Iredale make-up is great for everyday wear. The key to this mineral make up is the antioxidant spray which complements it. The face spray makes your skin matte and smooth, even up close!

Guest Violetmoon
Guest Violetmoon

does not test on animals. it is to expensive and doesn't cover well. I would wear it over liquid foundation because it doesn't cover that well but if you can afford it give it a try.

Guest karna
Guest karna

it is paraben free. supposed to be kind of organic it caused a bad break out! within a few hours of use: pimples all over - even in my eye, and that hurts very bad and risks for further infections. i bought powder and eye shadow from jane iredale. but when i used the powder i instantly got new pimples - in a few hours or so. when i used the eye shadow i got "pimples" on the eye. i don't know what is called in english. i now understand that mica might be the problem since it is an ingredient in both powder and eye shadow. i also had problems with their mascara. it got infections in the eye.

Popular Powder