Page 207 of Accutane (isotretinoin) reviews

3.9/5 - 2099 reviews

Brand: Accutane

Accutane (isotretinoin)

Isotretinoin in 10-mg, 20-mg and 40-mg soft gelatin capsules.

Beeswax, butylated hydroxyanisole, edetate disodium, hydrogenated Soybean oil">soybean oil flakes, hydrogenated vegetable oil, and Soybean oil">soybean oil. Gelatin capsules contain glycerin and parabens (methyl and propyl), with the following dye systems: 10 mg - iron oxide (red) and titanium dioxide; 20 mg - FD&C Red No. 3, FD&C Blue No. 1, and titanium dioxide; 40 mg - FD&C Yellow No. 6, D&C Yellow No. 10, and titanium dioxide.

john, atlanta
Reviewed on December 23, 2006

I started taking acutane two weeks ago and i was wondering what dosage only took 2 months for skin to clear completley. I am on 40 mg a day and my dermatologist said my course would be 6 to 7 months, unlike the reported 2 month clearings.

ABH, FL
Reviewed on December 21, 2006

IT IS THE ONLY MEDICATION THAT REALLY WORKS FOR PIMPLES and well worth the money. If you have a lot of acne and do not have a problem with depression you need to try it. It'll work and is a sure thing. I just wish I would have taken it earlier. Now I have some scars from the previous pimples.

Laura, Lexington, KY
Reviewed on December 11, 2006

I took accutane twice... yes twice. The first time it worked wonderfully (except for the expected dryness... the lips dried out the worst... you need to use more than just lip balm... i found that aquaphor healing ointment from eucerin worked wonderfully for dry lips.. i actually still use it!) I was on the treatment for the reccomended 20 weeks or whatever it was. About 6 months after I got off accutane, I started to break back out again. My dr put me back on and it worked some but again soon after i was broken back out again. Also, towards the end of the second time I got horrible head aches... I've never had migraines but im pretty sure thats what they were. They stopped as soon as i stopped taking accutane. Long term effects: dry skin. you dont hold a tan as long. slightly more sensitive skin. accutane helped the current breakouts while i was on it, but not future ones. Maybe its just my stubborn skin b/c ive heard of a lot of people that this has worked on.

AB, New Zealand
Reviewed on December 4, 2006

Even though the side effect are horrible, you get to have beautiful skin. Thats enough for me!

Anonymous, Aotearoa
Reviewed on December 3, 2006

I've been taking Isotane for about 1 1/2 months

acne did worsen for the first week then a welcomed change did oocur although the dryness and bleeding nose still happens the improvement so far is well worth it.

Anonymous
daryl, UK
Reviewed on November 28, 2006

sooooooooo glad i took it!

but spots starting to come back now but nothing like before

but i am sooo glad i took it!

Yan, Montreal
Reviewed on November 28, 2006

I've been prescribed that twice (for 6 months each) a couple of years ago for MILD acne. Even though my skin was almost clear at the end of the treatment, acne never failed to come back both times although it's about 30% better now.

I think it must really work for people with severe acne, but in my case, mild acne, doctors were just trying to prescribe me their stuff.

A diet change (atkins), liver flushes, healthy habits and investigating on candida and digestion worked for me more than accutane

E, Malaysia
Reviewed on November 25, 2006

there is scarring, red marks on my cheeks ever since i went to shanghai. (china is really badly polluted) i am taking 20mg per day after the heaviest meal. normally it is at night. some topical gels apply 2x daily at pimples. I just start using it for 1 and 1/2 months, so i shall not jump to the conclusion so soon.

normally the procedure to cure acnes

topical gel -> antibiotics -> isotretinoin

Rschel, newzealand
Reviewed on November 25, 2006

this drug IS a miracle drug! i've had acne on chest back and face since was bout 12,now am almost 18.had tried dozy(antibiotic),the pill(estel) and made me gain 10 kg, also all the drying face washes and pimple gels...oviously didn't work.i started izotane (1 pill 4 2 weeks) and saw instant results! wud look forward to lookin in mirrow everymrnin to c how much beta it was.have been on it now for about 1 month 2 weeks and my skin is just amazing! i'm tempted to give my dermatologist a big hug next time i c him.i no longer hav to pack on the makeup! yay.everyone who needs to go on this stuff shud!its expensive for the dermo appointmnts but i wud pay mor if i had to, its that gr8!