Grisi Sulfur Soap With Lanolin For Acne Reviews

Brand: Grisi

Grisi Sulfur Soap With Lanolin For Acne

99f

Effective for mild cases

I could see how this would help with mild acne. I have severe acne so it didn't do much for me. Make sure to leave it on or 10 min

Comments

Considerably helped with my non-stubborn acne.

I have very stubborn acne due to hormonal problems (pcos) and I have NORMAL acne that I use to treat with washes like St. Ives apricot scrub with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide.. once I started using this sulfur soap bar almost all the normal acne is gone. I still use the apricot scrub in conjunction with the Sulfur soap but I must say I am very happy with the result. Although I have been using this soap treatment for a little over two months and I have noticed its decrease in effectiveness but maybe I'm just going crazy. I would recommend you let the bar soak in warm/hot water for at least 20 seconds (as is instructed) and then use the suds - not the bar itself - to apply to your body (I would not recommend using a washcloth), leave on for 5 minutes and eventually after a few uses build up to 10 minutes before washing off. It can dry the skin out very bad.. especially if its summer time and you find yourself out in the sun often! Also as a fantastic moisturizer I use all natural, cold-pressed Rosehip oil.

Use a moisturizer afterwards

I use this in the mornings and apply Almond oil afterwards since the soap can be drying. The combination has worked perfectly and the acne along with hyperpigmentation has reduced significantly.

it works fast

This works faster than proactive or any other acne med out there.. if you have $2.97 you can buy this at your local walmart you can clear up your acne problems super quick and in a hurry I use this everyday morning and night havent seen a zit in weeks!!! LOVE IT !!!

great

This soap works, and it works fast.Not only clears pimples and stops new ones, but my pores are visibly smaller. i use it on my face and body and it also cleared my back acne

My cure!!!

I started to have acne problem about 6 months ago, and I have tried BP, AHA, Salicylic acid, Tretinoin, Doxycycline... They all worked slowly for a while. Then I suddenly became allergy to BP and Tretinoin somehow one month ago. I stopped everything besides still taking Doxycycline once every other day (have been on it for three months. I am trying to reduce the does and get out of it recently). I should still give credit to Tretinoin and Doxycycline for clearing up my large acnes and cysts, but I got a lot of red small spots all over the face. I went to a sulphur spring a few weeks earlier, and my face felt better. I did some research and found that Sulfur is actually good for acne, then I brought this soap. Guess what? My face looks much much better after the first use (less spots, less redness and brighter tone) and even better after the second and third use! It is like a miracle! I haven't have this feeling of confident for such a long time! Give it a try, you won't regret!

Comments

Was rad then stopped working

I bought this of despair one day as I have literally tried everything besides accutane. seriously ask me and i've tried it ;) Two days later I had no active acne on my face for the first time in 5 years, this lasted about a month and i was able to go on my Japanese student exchange completely worry free about my skin, I was 99% clear. A month later slowly, the acne came back. So sulfur works but for some reason I grew resistant to it fast!

three cheers for sulfur!

The only cleanser bar I'll use! Sulfur is magnificent. I was with this twice a day and then use my dry face brush afterwards. Healing but not drying.

lanolin

i have read that lanolin makes clogged pores that's true?

I haven't had that problem with this soap. It cleared out my pores. The Lanolin is great for moisturizing and its made my skin much softer.

Good for new breakouts, makes older break outs worst.

I noticed this is good for oily skin, maybe prevention. Also reduces new breakout size. However for existing acne I feel it makes it worst, scars last longer.

Broke me out badly

Not too expensive Stings/itches Increased dryness AND oil Caused deep cystic pimples Well I tried this since I heard sulfur can help both acne and yeast overgrowth. I don't know what I have but my skin has never been clear so I was willing to try anything. Basically it broke me out the next day worse and worse. I had deep cystic pimples all over my chin and jaw that I never get normally!! My skin wasn't even bad before but this made me break out like the worst I've ever seen it. I heard it could be a purging phase so I'm going to stick with it for 3-4 weeks. But I seriously have a bad feeling that it's just going to get worse... My face became more oily. Will update later.

Comments

Not working for me anymore

Cheap Dries out skin Smells awful (until you just get used to it) BE CAREFUL NOT TO GET ANY IN YOUR EYES! IT'S SULFUR SO EXPECT IT TO BURN MORE THAN ANY OTHER CLEANSER For the first week I was washing my face with it in the afternoon and before bed and felt my face was clearing up. I moved down to washing with it once a day. I was taken off of an oral antibiotic a few weeks ago and broke out with numerous red, painful bumps. I figured the soap would help soothe it, but nope, it hasn't done anything for me. I guess I'll move back to washing with it twice a day...

Not for me

Cheap Made skin very dry Caused break outs I've been struggling with acne for years now, and in the past I used a sulfur regimen that helped but made my skin dry and flaky. Now that I have a good moisturizer I decided to give sulfur another go, but unfortunately this made my acne worse. My skin became very dry even with moisturizer and my face broke out horribly. My mom even told me to quit using whatever I had been using because my skin looked so bad. I gave it two months and then quit. It was very cheap though and the bar lasts a long time.

Comments

Fast acting It smells good for me :D Skin instantly feels like you had a face lift Lathers Up easily Controls oil Burns eyes Drying I've been using this for about a week or two and hopefully it'll clear up my acne I've seen results and it has gotten rid of my major hurtful breakouts very quickly. What I don't like is that it always gets in my eyes and stings badly. Some people don't like the smell but I like it, it smells clean.

Guest LegitReview
Guest LegitReview

From the box. Active Ingredients: Sulfur 10% Inactive ingredients: sodium tallowate, sodium cocoate, corn (zea mays) starch, fragrance, lanolin, tetrasodium edta, polysorbate 80

Comments

works lanolin which is like wax from sheeps' wool so I am not too sure if it'll clog pores and such. I have only used this sulfur bar soap on my body chest and back and have noticed no more brakeouts in those areas. But i don't use it daily because on the box it says: Do not use on large areas of the skin. I don't know the reasoning behind that so thats why I dont use it daily. Im going to start using it on my face since its worked on my body but I am worried cus I know soaps leave a residue and Acne.org suggests not to use bar soaps cus of that, But we'll see.

Comments

It works! Clears body acne, Lightens scars, Fast & it's cheap too! Smells, after all it IS sulfur. This is my god sent product. I have had body acne since I was about 13, and I have tried everything under the sun and nothing ever worked. It's been 10 days using this soap, as directed, and I'm 95% clear of acne, and about 60% clear of scars, which is amazing because my back looked like a warzone a week ago! I am so thankful to have found this stinky little miracle soap! :)

Do you still use this soap and did you leave it on 10 minutes as suggested?

-pimple size reduces -skin is smoother -breakout are almost gone - slightly drying WOW! i never write reviews but here it goes.. ive had back acne for as long as i remember and when i used it 2 days my pimples have shrunken and my skin is so much smoother! my breakout are going away, and im in love!! HIGHLY recommend this!!

Guest Lucy
Guest Lucy

Low Price Clogs Pores Smell - Not at first, but later on the towel Hassel to use - leave on for 10 minutes before rinsing Burns eyes I purchased this for my 16 year old son because of the good reviews. He used it for 4 weeks and his skin is getting increasingly worse (red rashy bumps). I do think it helped a little with blackheads. We wanted to give it a full 8 weeks, but then I researched lanolin. "Lanolin and its derivatives ranked a four out of five when rated on a five point scale, with ingredients rated five as having the most probability of clogging pores". So, once again, we're on to something new.

Try African black soap
Guest Izzy
Guest Izzy

EVERYTHING - prevents acne - stops any progression of acne - makes your skin soo glowy, vibrant, and healthy looking. - cheap - non drying or irritating - leaves behind no film. - safe for sensitive skin - can use multiple times a day without dryness (I do morning and night). - gets rid of acne fast (I use it for my face) - smells ok and is esthetically pleasing - Lasts forever NOTHING This is the BEST purchase I have made for my facial acne. I struggled with acne for years, and never got the results like this. Benzyl peroxide did nothing but damage, salacylic acid was ok, but soon as it got rid of something a new one would form XD. I needed something to get rid of and prevent my acne, and this is the only thing that did that for me (along with tea tree oil, the only other great product I use). Not only that but the other washes seemed to dull out my skin, and soon as I stopped using them and went to this my family has started complementing how gorgeous my skin is, it just glows, isn't oil or dry, and looks so perfect and healthy as its ever been; uhh I'm in love with this. I can just go on and on about how great my skin is because of this. My acne is gone, I don't get new ones, and my face is so pretty with a healthy glow (no more dullness). PLEASE TRY THIS Its cheap and lasts a long time.

Comments

Works fast Clears acne Fades scars Speeds skin cell turnover Nice smelling Gentle for sensitive skin Reduces redness Reduces inflammation Great for adult acne NOT ONE I have been fighting acne ever since I graduated from high school. I never had any acne during puberty or while I was in high school but as soon as I graduated it was like my skin was making up for lost time. My mom and I have spent well over $1000 looking for remedies or cures that would help my acne. From pills to ointments, creams, and OTC solutions nothing worked. My mom finally looked back in our family's history and remembered that her grandma used to swear by sulfur soap for skin problems (including acne). Well, this is now the 3rd day I've been using this soap and my face is at least 70% clearer, less red and less inflammed than it was 3 days ago. TRY THIS. You will not be disappointed.

Guest Krystyna
Guest Krystyna

Cheap Works really fast soothing great product can irritate your skin if you overly wash your face..I'm talking more than twice a day. This product is truly amazing. I don''t usually write reviews for products but I felt this acne soap deserved to be recommended. You see, I was on the regimen and it didn't work for me...it was unfortunate because everybody has something good to say about it however, it didn't work for me at all....anyways, this product needs to be acknowledged because it WORKS. Try it, promise you wont be disappointed. ;] P.S. you can buy it at your CVS Pharmacy. Email me if you have any questions: ciszekkrystyna@[link removed]

Guest Rodrigo
Guest Rodrigo

One of the best cleanser i have ever used.. seriously!! my skin does not produce too much oil with it it might irritate your skin Some times I feel if i let my skin dry is better, i mean if dont use moisturizer, i dont break out but the main part where i break out is around my mouth i have to apply only there

Guest Jesus
Guest Jesus

-Inflammation has reduced -Noticed less pimples -Cheap -Really seen that it has worked -Dries skin out Well my aunt had told me about this product but I never bought it. After using many products like neutrogena, Clinique, antibiotics; nothing seemed to work. So about 3 weeks ago I saw this product and bought it, after all it should help I said so let's give it a try. I've been using it for about 3 weeks and seen a huge difference. My large inflamed pimples has dramatically reduced. My forehead seems to be the most cleared one now. Redness has really lowered down. I still have redness but it's not acne it seems like scaring. I believe that after using it for two months my acne will be clear. So I totally recommend for you to buy this product. By the way you really need a moisturizer because it can be drying. Try to buy a oil free moisturizer. I bought hope in a jar but it's a bit pricy but it's amazing. Good luck P.S. acne has become my enemy; let's find a way to kill it

Guest Rachel
Guest Rachel

Has gotten rid of breakouts. It's CHEAP! None if you use a moisturizer. Without it can be drying. I had moderate acne consisting of cystic acne and regular pimples. I've tried EVERYTHING to make it go away. Dermalogica, MD Forte, Murad, Pro Active, LUSH, Antibiotics, plus tons of over the counter skin systems. Nothing ever worked until I found the Grisi Sulfur Soap with Lanolin. My regimen is exactly like the box says to use it. I put it on every morning, lather it up and let it sit 10 minutes, then I wash it off, tone and moisturize. Then I repeat the same pattern at night. I'm now blemish free except during that time of the month I'll get a small breakout. It's completely manageable where I used to get tons of breakouts and it was painful and unsightly. I found this soap on clearance at a store for .89 and bought 8 bars so hopefully those will last me a good while. It took me about 9 months to finish one bar using it 2 times a day. Some people don't like the smell of sulfur soap but I have no issues with it. I don't even notice it really. It's not offensive or anything. I guess my skin reacts better to sulfur than BP and salicylic acid. I would highly recommend this for anyone who hasn't given it a shot. It works much better than the expensive cleansers I've purchased. Only warning is to make sure you moisturize!!!

Popular Bar