Grandpa's Thylox Acne Treatment Soap Reviews

Brand: Grandpa's

Grandpa's Thylox Acne Treatment Soap

Irritating

Tried this based on good reviews. Used for about a week, just once a day, and each day acne got progressively worse. Each pimple seemed to get more red and more irritated. Stopped use and pimples healed and disappeared quickly.

You probably have dry skin, which any sort of harsher soap won't do good for

cleared my stubborn acne. No more cysts! it smells nasty HG :) Some background: I have had acne since I was 10, I am 19 now and at first it was isolated at my forhead. I tried proactive at 12 and it cleared my acne until I was 15 when it came back with a vengence. I then turned to the Clean and Clear acne system which helped for a few months but then failed me again. I went to a dermotologist and tried everything from benzaclin, epiduo, differin, antibiotics, a plethora of different cleansers and masks and odd home remedies., clarisonic, etc. By Oct, 2011 my acne was so bad that it made me cry in the mornings and dread leaving the house. I had cysts all over my cheeks and jawline and postules all over my forehead...big red inflammed pimples on my fair skin it looked awful. Even with makeup on people would still comment on my acne, ask me things like "What happened to your face?!" "Why dont you wash your face?" (and all the other dumb comments people make) Salycilic Acid and Benzoyl Peroxide failed me...so I started looking into sulfur products. I was searching it on google when I came across this product in January. I went ahead and ordered it and a week later I am 90% clear besides those pesky scars the cysts left behind. This thing is a miracle in a box and a steal for barely 4 dollars!! Everyone suffering from acne needs to try this soap!

Guest Matt
Guest Matt

Works great. My face is finally clear. Best bang for the buck. Drying and smell. Great value when compared to other products. I got used to the smell. I also rinsed off quickly to prevent drying. Grandpa's also worked on my body acne. I almost dismissed this product because it is so cheap compared to others. $3.00 a bar. Good thing I did not, I wouldn't be writing this...

Comments

Sofens spots, prevents breakouts, nice clean feeling Smells weird, only available online, animal tested? Have used this on an off for a year, and all though it doesn´t clear up acne totally it takes u a long way. I have been happy with the product, and now that i use it together with sudocreme i feel great!

Guest yamo
Guest yamo

i have really oily skin, so it helps with the oiliness. Drys up acne, helps it go through the healing process Makes my complexion so dry, that it brings out every scar from acne:( It helps,...but i would advise to use it just on the areas, or if u have acne everywhere like myself it probably would be good to use it everyother day or so. Good luck and God Bless

Guest Tiff
Guest Tiff

works fast! Its keeping my skin clear, and soft. I just use it on my chin as thats where i break out,.I get huge cysts, but using this i just get small little pimples that clear quickly. For me, it works better than RX meds. Little stinky, but not bad. Not even bad enough to call it a con. Try it! If it works, great. You will only be out a few bucks if it doesnt.

Comments

Keeps my skin really clear drying for the normal to dry areas of my combo skin This is great stuff! Sulphur may not work for everyone, but it definitely works for me. Salycilic acid formulas and benzoyle peroxide really irritate my skin but this soap is very mild. I've tried dozens of other natural things and nothing ever helped. It's very effective and the smell is not bothersome at all. It softens and smooths the skin nicely, although it can be a little drying, for the most part my skin is clearer and more balanced now than it ever has been. I use it in the morning and at night.

Guest Julia
Guest Julia

It is some what drying, dont use moisurizer with this product if you have combination or oily skin it will just defect the whole purpose. it works pretty fast, makes my skin smooth i have been using it for three days and my scne is already clearing up. Now this product may not work for everybody, but for me i have oily skin and this in a was dries my oil out so that it why i dont get dry skin.

Comments

helps to lessen break outs causes me to get those annoying little hard milia bumps this soap does work well to prevent break outs. when break outs do occur this soaps helps them to go away quicker and not become so big and inflamed. however this soap causes me to get milia. nothing helps the milia to go away except for going to the derm for extractions. so for this reason my grandpas soap went in the garbage and i have switched to joesoefs sulfur soap. this soap blows grandpas out of the water. it doesnt cause break outs of any kind for me. works really well at keeping me clear. there are some harsh reviews on here about joesoefs shipping and customer service. the company was just having some issues for a few months. ive ordered from them numerous times and only had a problem once and that was back in november and the co. did issue a refund and an apology.other than that i have always received my products rather quickly and the customer service has always been amazing.i have seen much better results with the joesoefs soap and i highly recommend it over grandpas.

Comments

Brightened skin up, helped brown spots and toning, helped blackheads and active acne a little. Dried me out. Not to say that would happen to everyone but it did for me. It caused tiny red spots on my outer cheeks and really irritated my skin after 3 or 4 uses. I can definitely see this stuff helping a lot of people. I personally have dry skin naturally but I do also have oil in certain areas. What I found is that in the oily areas of my face, this soap was great and did it's job. However in my dry areas it only dried it out more and caused bad irritation and redness which led to breakouts. So basically, people with oily skin, blackheads, cysts and inflamed acne may find this soap helpful in those areas but it wasn't for me. I'm now using Grandpa's Oatmeal Soap which is much more mild and is doing an amazing job.

Guest shipinabottle
Guest shipinabottle

when you start using it, it will keep your cysts calmed down, and then they will simply disappear in days! haven't had a cyst in about two weeks and overnight all of my little breakouts were gone. super cheap! kinda smells bad, but the smell goes away once your face is dry. you have to leave the lather on your face for 60 seconds, which is a hassle when the suds drip into your eyes. I wish you could walk into a drugstore and buy this because everyone with acne problems should use it. I get it from [link removed]; I buy tons of things from them and they always ship quickly.

Guest Justin
Guest Justin

Seems to control acne on my back fairly well. Doesn't clear acne on face at all. In fact, I broke out more than I have in years from using this soap. Please don't use this product on your face. I was looking for an easy alternative to wash-benz-moisturize, this is not the option. My face was fine for about a week, then in week two my entire chin and right side of my face broke out with whiteheads and a few cysts more than it has in years. Don't waste your time looking for any easy fix (with this soap at least), I am still recovering.

Guest Margot
Guest Margot

miracle product (for face only), softens skin, reduces red marks, works quickly and thoroughly, inexpensive have to buy online, can be difficult to lug around since it's a bar, had no effect on body acne i had moderate and VERY stubborn acne for years, and countless red marks. i noticed a dramatic improvement after only a few days of use, and now after three weeks of use my skin is almost completely clear. furthermore, it has balanced my skin tone and my red marks seem to be fading - slowly but surely. i use this in the morning and at night, rinsing it off after a couple of minutes. i am still in disbelief at how well this product works for my face. however, i also have back and arm acne that i hoped to eliminate with this soap - yet i saw no results. but for the FACE... this is pure gold.

Guest Jessica
Guest Jessica

My favorite cleanser yet, and I'm picky!! It indeed smells like a soap your Grandpa would use. This makes my skin feel very clean and refreshed and it does seem to help my acne and make my bumps smaller. It might be a little drying for some people, but just put on moisturizer.

Guest Chas
Guest Chas

makes skin soft doesn't work i bought this after reading all of these reviews. i've suffered from back acne since my early teens and just recently started getting a bad case of chest acne. i use this pretty regularly and every day, just as before, i have a new pimple in my chest area, or on my back. i have been using this product for a bit over a month and i have seen no results. once again, i am disappointed :( especially since i was really expecting this to work.

Guest Erin
Guest Erin

works fast, cheap, have to order online WOW!!!I have had acne since I was 13, and have done the gamut of prescription drugs(including Accutane- TWICE!) I'm 29 now and can control my acne by using a combo of Differin and Benzaclin - however I do occasionally have a bad flareup that lasts a week or two. I just had one of these flareups and got on this website to get some new suggestions for a face wash and came across Grandpas. I ordered it online and it was delivered within 4 days (got it yesterday). When I woke up yesterday I had about 7 bad pimples on my nose, cheeks, and chin - and my face was raw and red in other areas where old pimples were healing. I used the soap yesterday evening and then again this morning. THIS STUFF IS AMAZING! My face is no longer red, and all but two of the pimples have completely disapeared. My husband looked at me this morning and was so stunned at how beautiful my skin looked again after two weeks of looking like raw hamburger. I've only used this twice, so I hope it keeps working its magic!

Guest Carley
Guest Carley

Works quickly. Inexpensive. I suffer from cystic acne & this is the only product I have found that not only helps too treat but also prevents the embarrassing red lumps on my face. Completly eliminated mild chest acne with 2 days!!! I had to special order it from my local health food store but its available online.

Comments

works fast, very effective on any skin condition(my husband uses it for eczema) a little hard to find and a bit drying but a little moisturizer will help Buy this now! You would not believe how many products I've tried and this one works and is so cheap.

Popular Bar