Good Things Manuka Honey Daily Moisturiser Reviews

Brand: Good Things

Good Things Manuka Honey Daily Moisturiser
5.0 1 review

Great for acne prone skin!

I've just finished my first tube of this moisturiser, and so far I've been really impressed. My skin breaks out relatively easily, so I spent a lot of time trying to find a moisturiser that wouldn't cause me problems. I went through multiple La Roche Posay, Nivea and Boots products which all broke me out to varying degrees before I found this moisturiser. To my knowledge, this product contains 3 ingredients rated as 'mildly comedogenic', although this has been absolutely no problem for my skin. I apply the moisturiser over the top of 3% Benzoyl Peroxide/Clindamycin gel after cleansing in the morning and evening. I find it works well with this variation of the regimen. With my previous moisturiser (Effaclar Mat), my skin would go through spells of being very, very dry, particularly after exposure to sun, wind or the sea. This product has taken care of that really well and it's now no longer a problem. The moisturiser is relatively thick and you need to spend a reasonable amount of time gently working it into your face, but it's very hydrating so that's understandable. I've found that if you use too much of it it can make your face look a little oily for half an hour or so after application, but once it dries out properly it looks great. It smells absolutely incredible too, which is a nice bonus. I was slightly sceptical about the claims it makes about bee venom, royal jelly and a few other ingredients, but so far they seem to be doing a really good job of hydrating my skin whilst keeping it clear. There are a couple of things that you probably need to be aware of regarding this product. The first is that when I first started using it, my skin was very dry, and the moisturiser stung my face slightly for a while after application. This was a minor problem and cleared up after a few days, but I feel it's worth mentioning. The second is that you really want to avoid getting it in your eyes at all costs. It's extremely uncomfortable and really hinders your ability to see anything. I've got round this by just being really careful when applying it, and also by avoiding putting it on my forehead/around the eyes on days where it's likely to run (eg. sailing, surfing, heavy rain, at the gym etc.) All in all, this is a great product and I'd really recommend you try it if you're struggling to find a decent moisturiser for acne prone skin. It's available at Boots in the UK for around £7-£8.

Comments