Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser - Reviews

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
Brand: Cetaphil

View Ingredients
Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben.
ALee2010
Babushka!
momonowa

roeldpl

So you're not going to use any products in the morning even sunscreen?

StingRae

There are times when I don't wash and put anything on my face at all on weekends (all day) and i have to admit my face does look better when i don't wash'em in the morning. Maybe I should try not washing my face in the morning once when I go to school.. but rn i have a problem with pimple marks.. i'm guessing my pimples are hormonal since i get breakouts every time i'm on my period and pms.

lovablemama

replying to Roeldpl...you may use sunscreen in the morning (or MUST IF YOU LIVE IN A HOT ENVIRONMENT). Do not wash your face though. Once a day is enough for at least a month to repair your barrier. What you can do is apply a sunscreen such as one of Nuetrogena's (ex: Neutrogena clear face 55). The sunscreen should have an absorbent property bc if not, excess sebum and sweat may cause irritation/yeast produces fatty acids that cause dermatitis. This is why one must wash their face. So to avoid irritation, get a sunscreen like Neutrogena that contains the ingredient silica. This will absorb excess oils. In addition, depending on how your skin is (either extremely dry or semi-dry) it matters which cream you use. The stickier the cream, the more repair it will do. You see cream acts like a mortar, that holds your skin cells together and traps water, acne patients have a disorganized mortar. I will list three creams down below to repair the barrier, strongest to lightest! Go with the strongest and then move to the lowest once your barrier's mortar is repaired. Think of a brick wall, you have cells that are held by GLUE/cement (mortar). You need moisturizer to repair the glue. Apply it to DAMP SKIN. You pat dry your skin ever so slightly, and immediately apply a cream gently, to trap water in your cells so your skin can shed effectively, acne patients have ten times more dead skin cells than others. YOU HAVE TONS OF DRY, DEAD SKIN CELLS THAT ARE TRAPPING SEBUM..CREATING ACNE. All you need to do is cleanse your skin for less than a minute In the shower or sink, drench skin in water, and then apply a cream in circular light motions and pat.

STRONGEST- CLINIQUE MOISTURIZING CREAM IN A JAR (YELLOW)

MEDIUM STRENGHT- EUCERIN CALMING CREME IN A TUBE

SEMI- CETAPHIL MOISTURIZING CREAM IN A LARGE TUB (THE ORIGINAL ONE)

LIGHT- CETAPHIL MOISTURIZING LOTION

if you don't want to buy these, just get a sticky cream of your choice and apply to damp skin in light circular motions. thats the basic key. the stickier, the better to repair. Once repaired, move down the frame to the lightest product. I did bc I dont like wearing heavy-duty things. It took two weeks to repair and I moved down the spectrum to the moisturizing lotion, and now I apply to wet skin. Be aware though that some people can never move down the Frame, these are older folks and people who suffer eczema etc. I

The key is to repair your mortar/lipid barrier. Lipid barrier is made of waxes, fatty acids, etc. How to do it? GET A STICKY CREAM TO ACT LIKE IT. AND BAM BYE BYE DRY SKIN AND ACNE.

Acne marks take time to go away, some people enjoy exfoliating to rid excess layers of dead skin that smooth out acne marks and discoloration but I say DON'T! Exfoliation if not done correctly will damage the lipid barrier. In fact I just said to apply a moisturizer to damp skin, that right there will shed dead skin leading to less acne marks. cells need water to shed. Do the routine in the morning with one of those products above to damp skin. Use the Cetaphil Daily facial cleanser instead of the gentle since you have excess oil and irritation.

if you guys aren't understanding this, message me and I'll list out the routine based on your lifestyle..some people go to the gym etc. message me for a more detailed approach, and tell me if your skin is dry etc. and if you workout things like that. everyone is different..

and stingray...just do the routine in the morning and do nothing at night. as long as you repair your mortar it doesn't matter what time of day you do it. I like to do my routine in the morning bc at night we shed dead skin cells, so I like cleansing and moisturizing for a fresh glow and face.

dreaperea93

lovablemama

The reason why this cleanser stings when you put it on your skin is because your acidic mantle is disrupted. Our skin is naturally acidic (4.0-5.5 range). Your skin is alkaline due to dove which falls in a 7-8 range, not good. Your skin gets dry, leading to more dead skin cells that trap your sticky sebum aka oil under the pore, and bam acne. You should be using an appropriate ph-cleanser like this one actually which is a 6.5. You are def. doing the right thing by keeping your cleanse for 30-40 seconds good job love. Just once a day cleanse at the sink and in the shower never let water touch your face, that dries skin out (making a ph of 7) causing more dead layers of dead skin, leading to acne. Why do u think acne meds break you out before u get better? bc its shedding tons of layers of dead skin in which acne is underneath. How to solve the problem? this cleanser for 30 to 60 seconds once a night or once in the morning and melting/patting a moisturizer in your skin. you'll see your acne coming to the surface and think its the products breaking u out, NO YOUR DEAD SKIN IS SHEDDING DUE TO YOU JUST ADDING WATER AND OIL WHICH OUR SKIN NEEDS TO PROPERLY SHED. UNDERSTAND? READ MY ABOUT ME SECTION ANF GET OF ACNE FOR GOOD.

vanemane22
LavenderHummingbird
gots2geo
Nina29

justlookinforhelp49
is this product good for acne? will it make me break out even more?

VioletP

justlookinforhelp49
so is it good for acne? will it make me breakout?

lifesucksw/acne
OhLaLa

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a New Account

Already have an account? Sign in here.

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes