Garnier Pure Active Intense Charcoal Scrub Reviews

Brand: Garnier

Garnier Pure Active Intense Charcoal Scrub

Does not work for my skin

I have super sensitive skin. Lately, I've been having acne related problems. It's only getting worse. I tried Clearasil, Garnier PureActive Charcoal Scrub but it left my skin really dry and sore. Does anyone have a solution for this madness? Any suggestions will be appreciated. A

Hi, I have found that this product worked for me when I had oily and non sensitive skin but now my skin has changed over the years and I have found that I have dry/sensitive/acne-prone skin. This product no longer works for me but I have found that the star ingredient (salicylic acid also known as BHA) is what has helped my skin the most. Also this product does have a lot of irritating ingredients which probably worsens skin condition. So I would recommend for you to buy a BHA 2% exfoliant like SKIN PERFECTING 2% BHA LOTION EXFOLIANT by Paula's Choice. This has worked for me.

Best product I've had

Doesn't dry out skin Doesn't smell bad Works Can leave face oily So good, only recently got it a few days ago and have been using day and night and already my few scars are fading away! although after a while from putting it on my skin goes a little bit oily but that's probably just my skin but loves it!

My "Wonder" Product

Clears pores and eliminates blackheads Mattifies Refreshing-feeling Can be over-drying if used too often This is, without a doubt, my favorite acne product next to the Effaclar Duo by LRP. After moving to Germany and having to wait for my Rx acne meds, I found this product, and it worked wonders for me! I have eczema and extremely sensitive skin, but the scrub isn't too harsh. It will literally suck up blackheads and oil. I use it nearly every day and haven't had any problems. Using it twice a day, I'm sure, would lead to dry skin, but it is now a necessity in my current regime!

Awful!

Left me with very dry skin after washing (gave me flaky skin around my nose!) The scrub stripped my skin of its natural oils, which encouraged more oil production than normal. Far too harsh and made my skin worse. I was using the Garnier "Pure Active" range for quite a while, and I really liked the "Blackhead Clearing Scrub". When the "Charcoal" version of this came out, I decided to give it a go, as my skin was getting worse around this time as I was wondering if a better cleanser would do the trick. Bad idea! This scrub is NOT designed for sensitive skin. It was far too abrasive, and left my skin feeling incredibly dry after washing, which encouraged more oil production in the long run. This inevitably lead to more spots. I don't think this scrub should be used daily, despite it recommending so on the back of the product. Twice a week at the most. However, I don't think an abrasive scrub like this is the answer to acne anyway. I went back to a very gentle cleanser and my skin has thanked me since.

Popular Exfoliating