Garnier Long Lasting Shine Control Moisturizer Reviews

Brand: Garnier

Garnier Long Lasting Shine Control Moisturizer

Not bad, not bad at all

I will say that, I used this along side the Salicylic Acid blackhead scrub, and my face was really dry and flakey so this offered me 0 moisturization, if anything dried it out more. BUT I think this product would be absolutely AMAZING if you were not using any drying chemicals/products and just wanted a moisturiser with Salicylic Acid in it to control shine and pimples from popping up. This did break me out in a few little pimples (but they healed and went away by the next day) but I really think that was because my face was being slammed with too much Salicylic Acid and my skin was super dry and flakey from the scrub I was already using. I have kept this in my drawer for days when I can not find time to use my scrubs or gel cleanser from the Pure Active Intense line. (Garnier) I recommend this to people who have oily skin and are not using other drying chemicals on their faces - this moisturiser is quite drying but that would work well if your face is already quite oily :) I love how it sinks straight into your skin and makes it feel baby bum smooth. It leaves a pleasant cooling sensation (but don't worry if this scares you, it doesn't last too long)

Comments

Best shine control moisturiser I've found

Does give you a matte look which lasts well Sinks in very quickly and feels light on the skin Smells nice and lovely texture Not moisturising enough to be used alongside treatments that dry your skin out No spf I have tried many different moisturisers that claim to control shine and this is the first one I have ever been vaguely satisfied with. You have to give it a good chance to see results as its effectiveness seems to build over the first few weeks with regular use but after about a month it's doing a brilliant job for me and provides a good base for make-up as well. I really wouldn't live without it now I've finally found it as it's an affordable price and does the job much better than the more expensive ones I've tried. If you're like me and have struggled for years with shiny oily skin I really recommend that you give this product a good test run as it really has made a significant improvement for me and is something I will be buying it again and again!

Comments

Mattifying reduces oil in skin Made me break out Skin not properly moisturised Ive used this product for about 2-3Months. Bought it because another garnier moisturiser similar to this worked pretty well. However this product struggled in moisturising my skin which would naturally reduce the "greasy" look. I even started to break out, maybe due to lack of moisture or the moisturiser itself. Either way this product isn't good, i wouldn't use it. I think there are better brands out there.

Guest Ellie
Guest Ellie

good make-up base doesn't clog pores great texture great smell cheap doesn't last long When I first apply this after I've washed my face in the morning, it sinks into my skins and instantly gives a completely matte look, which is a brilliant base for my make-up. However, I have very oily skin, and after an hour (whether I am wearing make-up or not) my skin is shiny again. That's not surprising though, as the product initially absorbs all the oil (and moisturisers at the same time), but then my skin starts producing more oil. If I'm not wearing make-up, I can reapply the product and it works again- but with my skin that would require applying it every hour!! Still the best anti-shine moisturiser I have tried, though.

Comments

Great for reducing shine on oily skin Non-irritating Does not clog pores Only lasts a few hours This moisturizer works well. I just wish that it would last a bit longer.

Guest Alysha
Guest Alysha

-non greasy -smells good -helps treat acne -controls oil to help clear skin -it's cheap -great for oily skin .......um....wait let me think...........uh.....there isn't any cons....oh wait there is no SPF � If you have oily skin like me and you want to keep it under control while fighting acne this is a great moisturizer for you.it feels like a gel that melts into your skin reading of the box; shine will decrease by 77% oil production decreases by 15% you will have cleaner skin by 33% this controls oil for at lease 8 hours you can find this at a drugstores for about $10 you will see clear skin in less than a week because of the natural ingredients.Use moring and night!

Popular Oily skin