Garlic Reviews

Garlic

It works

I wish I knew back in my teens what I know now. Raw garlic combined with removing dairy products and excess sugar will dramatically reduce acne. It takes about two weeks to notice a difference however. Firstly avoid all dairy and reduce sugar. (These mess with hormones and cause insulin spikes which also mess with hormones). With the garlic, buy fresh bulbs and consume more to start with. Before meals peel one or two cloves of garlic and chop the peeled clove into small pieces. Gather the pieces in your hand and drink down with water. After a few days reduce the amount. Eventually, after a week or so just peel one clove of garlic, chop into tiny pieces and drink down. It definitely works. You also notice the difference when you stop taking the garlic. Also, wash your face no more than twice a day with a gentle glycerin soap. The skin needs to be lubricated to allow solidified sebum to escape from the pores. Use cold water.

Comments

Can't live without Garlic!!!

Skin type: oily, sensitive, acne prone skin Acne: moderate Been taking 2 cloves of garlic for about 2 weeks now and I noticed if I do get a pimple, it only lasts up to 2days max and heals so fast! Whereas before I started taking garlic, my acne would swell for 5-7days and would heal so slow... What I do is I mince the garlic then chew it for a few seconds then I swallow it with water Acne free for 3days now.

It works

I never have hope any more of anything working for my acne but this helped my skin. It's less oily, smoother and fewer pimples. I crushed it and mixed it with olive oil. I left it on my face for about 10 minutes. It never turned my face red or made it dry. If you try it just do a small patch of skin. It does have a burning feeling when it was on my face but after I just put aloe vera on my skin.

Turned out good for me

My mom forced me to try garlic on my face as I've uneven skin tone and mild acne on my face. As I put on garlic on my face it starts burning like crazy. I put it on for 11 to 12 minutes then I rinsed it off. My skin became so red and itchy after that. I applied moisturiser as it dried my skin. I was so disappointed because it made my skin even worse. It burnt my skin, made it red and dry. But after 2 days my skin started peeling and redness and dryness gone and I got a new pink skin. So its like a home made chemical peeling. But please don't do it if you've sensitive skin. And don't put garlic paste on your face for more than 5 min if it stings. :)

garlic soap is good

i've been using garlic soap twice a day and its good. it reduces the redness and the lightness

How did you do the garlic soap?

HELP

So my dad said to peel a clove of garlic, cut the end off and let it sit for 10 minutes. Then rub it all over my affected acne spots over night. Upon doing that it stung immediately and I tried to get him to let me take it off. He said no. So I went to google. 99.3% of posts said it would burn/blister/mark you face if you applied it directly and left it there. Help! What should I do? I don't want blisters or scars! Can anyone help me with this?

I did it too and its burning..help me I don't know what to do
I hav got blisters due to garlic....can u pls suggest wat i shld do???please help me out!!! I am really tensed!!
Garlic needs to be consumed. Fresh garlic acts like a mild antibiotic, but without the side effects of normal antibiotics. It should not be used topically as it's too aggressive. Garlic should be considered a gentle, natural antibiotic replacement that takes time to work.

Works like nothing else for rosacea!

I was extremely hesitant to try this based upon some of the other reviews on this site. However, I've been dealing with chronically red, flaky, bumpy pimples for the past 20 years. I never had acne as a teenager, but as soon as I hit my 20's things got ugly. For the past two weeks, I've been splitting a raw garlic clove in half each night, rubbing it on my face after first splashing it with water, and then washing it off with facial cleanser about 10-15 minutes later. My pimples and redness disappeared almost instantly, and the flaky, peeling skin is almost gone at this point. The downside is that as soon as you sweat or wash your face again, you smell like raw garlic. I'm more than willing to live with this minor side effect, especially since it smells better than sodium sulfacetamide / sulfur facial wash residue does for days after use (and it works far better without drying the skin). Maybe the reason why this has worked so well for me is because I've got rosacea acne, which is theorized to be caused by demodex mites. Maybe it's toxic to mites? All I know is that for me, it's been pretty great so far.

To get rid of the smell : in the morning after washing your face, mix a bit of rose water, with water( to dilute it a little) then aplly it with a cotton to your face, go one with your breakfast or such, then rinse before applying anything to your face

Heals the inflamation but burns the skin

I've tried out lots of things for my acne and then I heard that garlic can be a great treatment. I had lots of pimples on my jawline - these were inflamed acne and I couldn't do anything with them... So one night I decided to try garlic. I washed and clened my face and then I put crushed garlic on a cotton ball and put it on my jawline on the pimples. It was very hurtful but I let it on for 10-15 minutes. Why I give 2 stars is because the inflamation has gone by using garlic, BUT my skin also has gone... I mean it burned my skin so much. First I had a big red spot on my face, then it turned into purple and theeeen my skin fell off and under this burned skin I saw a fresh pink skin... It was hurtful and I thought that it will stay like this. But it happened a month ago and my skin healed. No big spot on my face and no inflamation. But I would never try it again. And I think this is not the best solution... I would offer lemon and ACV instead of this garlic treatment. ACV and lemon can help a lot!!

Comments

Reduces size of pimple, but burns your skin

I started using garlic few weeks ago where I was feeling some reduction necessary in terms of my zits. When I rubbed the garlic clove on my skin and left it overnight, I woke to find that it had reduced significantly. But with more often use I found a burning sensation to my skin and just dark spots at the end of the day so I would not recommend it for regular use but it did reduce the size of my pimples.

My hope backfired

I was very aware about the endless benefits of garlic for our body. So after reading awesome reviews about it, I thought I would try it out. I have moderate to severe acne for the part 5 years. I took it orally (crushing a clove into tiny pieces and washing down with a swig of water twice a day)...I also mixed it into my turmeric and honey mask. LET ME TELL YOU ONE THING. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do NOT have any actual pieces of garlic in your mask. It is fine to have the garlic juice in the mask but if you have chucks of garlic in contact with your face it will leave a burn scar. I removed the mask and there were burns on my face!! It stung and I thought it meant that the garlic is working. I noticed that I only got the scars in the exact places where there were chucks of garlic in the mask. There were bubbles on my face (like a real burn) and when they popped, I was left with very dark and very very sore scars. Also garlic stinks so I just decided to move on to something else. Another warning...i took the garlic orally the first time on a relatively empty stomach and it made me sick and i threw up. So you must be quite full if you will take fresh cloves. If you try with caution, it may help you heaps, however the smell stays and wasn't worth it for me. Shame guys but maybe you can make it work.

How to remove the black spots created by garlic

Take garlic orally!

I have moderate to severe acne. I went to a dermatologist, and she prescribed me cephalexin. Cephalexin did nothing but give me sever yeast infections, that would keep coming back even when i took medications for it. I decided to use garlic to see if it might help with the infections. To my surprise after a few days of taking garlic orally, it cleared up my yeast infections, and my acne had improved significantly. Now i have stopped taking Cephalexin, and i crush two cloves of garlic, put it in a glass of water and drink it down every morning and night. I also add it to meals. You have to crush it, other wise it might not work. I would not recommend just swallowing a clove of garlic. After four years of dealing with acne, and trying a million different treatments, i have never had something work so well for my skin.I also drink a glass of water mixed with one tablespoon of raw, un-filtered apple cider vinegar one-two times a day. And i use diluted ACV as a face wash/toner, and it really has improved my acne marks/scars. But keep in mind, that just like any acne medication, you must be consistent. I did not take garlic one morning and i noticed that i got a few new pimples. I would definitely recommend taking garlic, because even if it doesn't help your skin it is incredibly good for you!

Garlic burns!!

I applied crushed garlic on a pimple and now it has caused a black pigment around that area. Should I have mixed water or tomato juice with that crushed garlic and applied it on my face. How long will the pigment take to disappear? Any way to get rid of these spots?

B2
This problem same with me??
You should not put the crushed garlic on your skin, just its juice mixed with some water, and apply it with a cotton bud on zits

Works very well but with smelly consequences...

I tried this method of taking raw garlic internally. It was pretty tough to get down at first, I settled on juicing a few cloves, mixing with water and then throwing it back into my mouth quickly to avoid the burn. There was a definite improvement in my skin, a huge improvement actually, it seems that garlic has antibacterial properties due to its sulfur-containing compounds. Garlic may boost Glutathione levels as well. Its absolutely necessary to crush, juice or at least chop up the garlic before consuming. Swallowing cloves whole will not have any benefit. It also must be taken with a meal since too much raw garlic on an empty stomach will really burn and make you nauseous. The downside to all this, is that you will start to reek of garlic after a few days. Garlic juices will come out of your pores I swear to god. You'll only smell if you use alot, and I needed about 6 cloves a day. So ultimately I had to give up this method, though I could see someone taking just 1 clove a day as an adjunct to other acne treatments.

Perfect For acne

shouldn't be applied lonely, so you should mix it up with either water, tomato or honey and leave it only for 10 minute not more than that and it's depend on your skin, apply it at night and wash ur face only with water

It works, I like it :)

Ok, so there's an easy way to apply garlic, and it'll work. I chopped up one clove finely, then crushed it with a spoon, just rolling it back and forth on the garlic. Do this until it is mashed. I suggest adding an egg white or a little water. Only put the garlic on the pimple, and do not rub, dab. I leave on for 10mins or less, as it will make your skin red if you are fair. Then rinse with a warm washcloth. Do it before you go to bed, the redness will fade overnight. It's worked for me well :) icing acne works well too!

B2
apne jha pr ye use kara....apmo uss area mai redness nhi hui kya

Take Garlic Orally

i took garlic along with a mixture or zinc , vitamin e , turmeric and i found that it almost completely cleared up my skin and when i stopped taking the garlic my skin broke out again ...it is a great cure however it is not an instant treatment you need to give it at least 3-5 months to see results

I too have found exactly the same results. The garlic turmeric combo is very powerful.

Left me with a huge mark that took months to fade!

I had a nasty pimple months back, and I applied crushed garlic directly on it. NOT A GOOD IDEA. It burned, but I thought that just meant it was working. After about 15 minutes, I washed it off, and when I checked in the mirror, I saw that sure enough the pimple had flattened out, but in its place, there was huge pigmented spot. It was awful and took months to fade! Do not recommend using it directly on the skin, but eating garlic is great for your health.

What did you do to the pigmented spot????? i got it right now and its reallllllyyyyyyyy really bad please tell me ?? Huhuhu its really bad

This works, but you HAVE TO DO IT RIGHT!!

The KEY to this is making sure you get LIVE garlic. In the store, break open a clove, you should find a greenish/yellow sprout in the center. If it's beige or brown, the garlic is dead from irradiation for shipping. THEN, the OTHER key is CRUSHING then waiting 15 minutes for the Allicin to develop. Then you can add it to water or an essential oil like vitamin E oil. 4 cloves in 2 cups of water for face. Half a head in bathtub for entire body soak. Once you make the water/oil, it will last a few days. You will know when it's bad as the "Sting" will be gone when you use it. TRY THIS!

MMMMM Garlic!

Okay.... I used garlic at work for acne. Since Idk how garlic works and how to do it right when topically applying it to the skin. But I've eaten garlic and I love the taste and smell of it. I wanted to be apart of my diet permanently as in means, eating meals with garlic in them. Since it possibly kills bad bacteria within your stomach, helps the immune system i think, and mythically it wards off evil spirits LOL... But it has a strong taste and smell. Becareful.

helpp

I used the garlic treatment overnight and I woke up and the area is very red and looks almost burned. I've been using witch hazel now but it still doesn't look any better. I need a VERY FAST way to clear this up in the time span of 1-2 days. someone help please

you could cool down your face with vinegar water
oppss , i have a one question , i have a many acne on my face i am 15 years old and i don`t want to go out , it`s unbearable , i want to spreading part of the garlic , one of my friend told me that it is a very good , but now i am reading your comment and i am so trouble , plz help me i want fast way to clean up my face , plz someone help me give me advice :*
is vinegar water really remove the pigmentation created by putting garlic??? ive got 4 really really bad spots becaus3 of garlic!!! Please help me remove it asap plesee

Bye bye acne hole

No more crazy hole It stings but I find it feels good Stinky You know when there's dried up pimple right on your face and you just feel like picking it out of your skin? Well, it leaves this CRAZY HOLE on your face and you just get scared that you'll have it forever!! What I do is crush or cut a tiny piece of garlic and put the (flesh side up) on top of the CRAZY HOLE and remove it after 15 mins and when I remove it, TADAAAA!!!! The CRAZY HOLE is closed.

how many tyms a day do i have to eat garlic and on empty stomach or after meal plzzzz advice

Dint use garlic for long

I just used garlic twice for 15 minutes. I had two new breakout's on my face. Both on the cheeks. I peeled the skin of a garlic pod., sliced it, squeezed it in order to make it ooze its juice & rubbed that on my acne and around the acne. Sliced again, squeezed & rubbed it on my other acne. It dried in 2 minutes. I made it stay for around 15 minutes. I saw the acne growth stopped. But, once the growth stopped, I dint apply it more. I once had applied it overnight & the next day my skin looked as though its burned. So, I don't try keeping it overnight. I guess the sulfur in the garlic acts as an advantage as well as disadvantage. I would say, try it on a new acne & see how it works, if you see considerable reduction in its size or something then continue it. Again, try avoiding it to leave overnight.

You are NOT supposed to rub it on your skin!!! You have to take it as an antibiotic treatment, meaning you take it like a pill and swallow. Don't be stupid. Rubbing garlic on your skin will only make your skin worse.

It reduces the size of the pimple Skin looks better than before If you do not dilute, it will sting and cause a burn I have been eating garlic for two days. I used my juicer to juice half of one garlic and one half of a cucumber. I mixed it and applied to my three pimples three times during over night. When I woke up the size of the pimples were reduced in size and not as red. I have to wait and see how eating two bulbs per day will affect my skin. I am on Gillette birth control pills also and they work but I still break out sometimes.

Comments

cheap effective none I tried this after reading the other reviews on this site. I was pretty desperate for something to work and this worked pretty well! My acne is hormonal, and is confined to my chin only...I've just started on the pill (so the results I've seen could be due to that as well) but I've been using BP for about a month and found that it really wasn't effective in preventing new lesions from forming. I took one clove per day, crushed in water, for two days and have been taking 2 odourless capsules per day since. I'ts been about a week and I have NO new lesions (and none forming under the surface either!!) and all existing zits are healing up.

So many people take the pill and don't realize how horrible it is for your health! It hurts more than helps. There are so many more natural ways to fix acne.

natural helps reduce swelling tightens skin odor I've read other reviews for guidance and knew not to put raw garlic on topically without mixing it to dilute its strength. I tried crushing raw cloves of garlic and letting it sit in water before applying on my face, but the problem I had was keeping it there. It's a runny mess. So, what I do now (and really like) is: I buy from the whole foods store an all natural bottle of aloe vera gel with vitamin E and use that as a base gel that holds my crushed garlic. The mixture stays on your face easily. It's great! It reduces the size and redness of cysts overnight. I've tried benzoyl peroxide 2.5%, (following the Regimen to a "T") but it was too drying and too aging after 2 weeks. I am substituting the BP treatment with my aloe- garlic mixture instead. I feel its a safer, natural option. I've been EATING raw garlic cloves about 5x a week for 2 weeks and haven't really noticed YET much improvement in the amount of new cysts appearing, but I will keep eating it. My favorite way to eat it raw is cook up some chicken and add crushed raw garlic into the dish once it's cooked. I need a heavy meal with the raw garlic because otherwise it sits in my stomach like a burning hot lava rock. (No way I could take it with just tomato juice as someone else here suggested). I buy a container of peeled raw garlic and freeze it. Don't nuke it in the microwave because that kills garlic's benefits. Don't buy from China because they supposedly irradiate it. You can fairly easily crush a frozen clove in a garlic press. The coolness feels good once you apply it topically too! Hope my tips help. Good luck everyone! I am glad I'm not alone out here!

Popular Household/Natural