So I took this picture about a year before finding acne.org - I was also about 80 pounds heavier, so you'd think, after becoming an extremely nutrition-conscious vegan and losing 80 pounds, that my acne would go away. Nope. I have an inflammatory disease called endometriosis, and THAT got better, while my acne just got worse.
Before the regimen I'd tried proactive, acnefree, mary kay, murad, dermalogica (which I loved but it didn't work), birth control, antibiotics, neutrogena, lemon juice and vinegar, gosh I don't even remember what else... Aveno... You name it I've tried it. Nothing worked.
My acne was severe and painful, then it would heal, then it would explode, heal, and on and on. I actually have very dry skin with my acne. I found acne.org when I really truly was at my most desperate point. I was 23, had had acne since I was about 17, and I went all out and was going to follow the regimen to the T.
I have been clear for 5 months and am now working on my post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
My regimen is
1. Dermalogica Clearing Skin Wash (less than ten seconds, no scrubbing, ever.)
2. Jojoba right out of the shower to prevent flaking (only moisturizing at the end isn't enough for me because I have very dry skin. I didn't start this step until after I was cleared up.)
3. Acne.org BP, 2 pumps, gently applied, wait 5-10 minutes
4. Cetaphyl SPF 15 facial moisturizer in the morning, Cetaphyl Moisturizing Lotion at night. This brand works miracles for my dry skin and never, ever breaks me out.
5. Every other night I add AHA to my Cetaphyl moisturizing lotion. Gorgeous clear skin in the morning.
I've just added Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector after the Jojoba in step 2. I let them have about ten minutes on my face before Step 3. I'll let you know how the hyperpigmentation turns out!