Freederm Gel Reviews

Brand: Freederm

Freederm Gel

WHAT A JOKE

This product is the worst thing ever. Doesn't work at all and way too expensive. Does nothing expect sit there. So many people agree with me, Freederm is such a joke. Stupid product, Worst thing ever, don't buy it! I had to use a whole bottle in one night to see any effect. If you want the slighest effect, you have to keep on applying the gel every 10 minutes! Stupid company and stupid product, this gel shows how bad the company is, Im glad they're loosing money and shutting down soon

Freederm Review

I have found Freederm gel amazing. I will not use any other acne cream/gel on my skin. The face wash, however, seems ineffective; or, at least, no better or worse than a generic, cheaper face wash. I think the gel works best on cystic acne that is close to the skin, rather than buried deep underneath it, and best if you've just washed your face and there is no oil present.

Comments

Reduces redness but that's it

Bought this and have been using it from boots and hasn't really done anything other then reduce redness from spots and dry them out. I would not buy this again as it didn't make as big a difference as I would have liked it to.

GAVE ME SPOTS IN PLACES I HAVE NEVER HAD THEM

My skin is pretty good, I just tend to have that monthly breakout so I bought Freederm. After two uses I have broken out in tiny spots across my tzone. I can't believe a product so expensive which is meant to reduce spots has given me more in places I have never had them before...Never buying freederm products again!

Comments

Gentle short term treatment for cysts

I have moderate cystic acne which creams that are benzoyl peroxide based are far too harsh to use. This gel works great for my cysts by drying them out and greatly reduces inflammation. After six years of trial and error of products, this is the only topical treatment I'll use on my cystic acne. The best part for me is it is far more gentle than prescription creams whilst being just as effective. The tube is small and it is pricey though. I only use it on my cystic acne so can't review the effects on normal pimples. It can sting a bit, especially on open or damaged cysts. But almost all topical solutions do a little anyway! Stinging disappears within seconds! I find it works best when you apply a liberal amount per cyst, hence I only use this before bed and when I'm staying home. Once dry it leaves a pale, translucentish/White film. Would recommend if you have mild to moderate cystic acne that is easily aggrivated by harsher treatment.

Comments

Great for sport treating and reducing inflammation quickly

Reduces inflammation Good for spot treating Gentle and doesn't cause irritation Doesn't work as a long-term treatment Does nothing for severe acne Contains alcohol This is a great little gel for spot treating and quickly reducing inflamed spots and redness because it contains 4% nicotinamide which is an anti-inflammatory. But I found it no good for long term treatment and it definitely can't do much when your acne is severe, although to be fair it is only advertised as for the treatment for mild to moderate inflamed acne. If you want something as a quick fix for mild/moderate spots this can help you out in a sticky situation but I wouldn't recommend it as a long-term treatment plan or for severe acne. I also didn't like the fact that it contains alcohol because that made it unnecessarily drying but it definitely doesn't cause the irritation issues you get with things like benzoyl peroxide and in comparison is very gentle. Worth a try for some!

Comments

Cheap, I paid about £4.99 Easily available in most pharmacies and supermarkets Can be worn under make up Clear gel that dries fast Does dry your skin so be careful when applying Tube is a bit small for the price - cant imagine it will last long! Try it.... what have you got to lose?? I've read lots of reviews for this product and most people moan about it drying their skin out. I can put up with dry skin if it means my acne is under control. I've only been using this for a few days and so far so good. My spots are smaller and not as angry looking as they were.

Comments

Now OTC so can get from any chemist Doesn't bleach clothing Doesn't sting on application Doesn't work Quite expensive Leaves dry patches on face I saw reviews of this and decided to try it for the acne on my cheek, forehead and chin. I followed the instructions to wash my face, use the cream and then use an oil free moisturizer if needed. Unfortunately for me while it seemed to reduce my large spots within a week I noticed that I was getting cystic acne which I had not suffered from before. I addition the number of blackheads I was getting increased. As other reviews said this happened but went away I continued to use it until I finished the tube which took another week and a half. Finally after using the tube I went to Boots to get another treatment that I knew that worked. The tube is very small and expensive for what it is. Normally acne cream tubes last a minimum of 6 weeks which is about the time you should see the treatment working. Like other acne treatments it dries out your skin but has two major advantages if it works for you. These are it doesn't sting and doesn't bleach fabric. These are the only 2 reasons I can give for seeing if it works for you.

Guest craig
Guest craig

Quality, Only used it for two weeks and spots have significantly reduced, it does bring the heads on alot of the spots but you have to have faith and just get through it. Very little cons, not that i can think of, very small bottle for the money I Also use neutrogena face wash once a day in the shower and these two combined work a treat, whenever my spots are looking particularly red i apply a small film of sudo crem and these 3 together work absolute wonders, stick with it, you will see results!

Guest Ellie
Guest Ellie

It's effective to reduce redness and size of spots quickly. The tube isn't very big considering it's normal retail price. Good for my spots and helped to reduce size aand redness in one day.

Guest Jack
Guest Jack

drys spots up quickly. it's expensive for a small tube and it stings. :-( Works really well. Be aware the product is quite expensive I paid around £5 for a 25g tube. Good luck getting rid of your spots! :-)

Comments

okay for the 1st day! made me come out in more spots! i wouldn't recommend this at all, i don't have 'acne' as such, just the odd spots on my chin that i hate. freederm gel did not help, it made my sensitive skin come out red and severely dry! the price is ridiculous for what the result is, the moisturiser and wash by freederm are however a lot better! would recommend them but defo not this!

Guest megan
Guest megan

Reduces size of spots quicklly, drys the spots out, gets rid of unwanted bumps under the skin I have very sensative skin, this product hasnt effected my skin in anyway, by far the best spot/acne cream i have tryed works really well for me and i have acne, good luck:-)!

Comments

Reduced redness quickly Cheap Didn't clear up spots or acne scars I had high hopes for this product, as it had been advertised so much, but it didn't do much. It did reduce redness rapidly and it is inexpensive but it didn't clear up my acne at all. Kinda disappointed. It might work for other people so give it a go.

Guest Bethany
Guest Bethany

Cleared spots and scars after using for about a week. Costs alot for just a small tube. I had seen alot of commercials for this product so i thought i would try it as i get spots alot. It didnt work at first, it even made my skin worse infact, but after about a week i kept using it hoping it would work, and it did! its made my skin a whole lot better and i totally recommend it, this is the only spot treatment that actually worked for me!

Popular All-over treatments