Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Greetings. I'm a 18-year old danish lad who've been dealing with acne (awgh, such a nasty word) for about three years now, and having tried most promotional and costy products without luck, I went on to google for help which finally led to this site. I looked around the forums and galleries for around an hour, and seriously, all you guys, you're really an inspiration to me! You brought me hope, and I didn't think twice before I ordered 2 of them tubes of CSR. I'm just praying that they'll arrive here in Denmark soon enough, if at all. When I get it, I think I'll still stick to my Garnier Deep Pore Wash as cleanser (before I use the BP in the morning), and my Aloe moisturiser.

Actually I've tried BP before, but at that time I hardly knew anything about the product, so I just ordered Panoxyl Acnegel (10%!!!) that I of course thought was the most effective, as it had the highest number :redface: . I didn't use much of it either, so I can see here that I got it all wrong. Safe to say the redness, drying and scaling was way too much for me to handle, so I quit it and tossed the tube back into the drawer.

Right now I'm using yet another advertised product series called Garnier Pure. It includes "Deep Pore Wash", "Pore Purifying Toner" and "Daily Treatment Moisturiser", all said to be developed for skin with problems, but I have used them for 3 weeks now, and I have yet to see a tiny change to my problems. Actually it's worse on my forehead, compared to a few weeks ago, but that might just be a coincidence. The products are generally just your usual skin-care line, with skin-tonic, a cleanser and finally a moisturiser, it's just that these include "zinc, cleansing micro-particles and cleansing agents. The moisturiser doesn't work that well, so about 15 minutes after I've used it I'm applying some aloe moisturiser I have, which actually works very well for a long duration. Oh and I also take a A-vitamin additive.

Well enough of the talking, now on to a few pictures of the situation. Don't mind my dark areas around the eyes, I just haven't got enough sleep :P I'm not sure what the flash did with it, but apparently my skin looks a lot clearer on the pictures with flash in comparison with the last one without. Hmm :think:

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

To be honest, I'm quite excited to start with this new treatment. I really believe that it will help me on the way to clear skin too. Just can't wait to get started :D Wish me luck! I'll get back to ya'll.

Day 3 (kinda)

So I just got a tube of Panoxyl Aquagel 2.5 this monday, and rubbed it on once in the evening, using about 1/3rd of my index finger. The peculiar thing is that I didn't get any side effects at all afterwards. No redness, no flaking, no nothing. The next morning I woke up with two teeny little whiteheads that disappeared during my shower, leaving two very small red marks which distinguish themselves among all the other tiny red marks there are on my skin. After the shower I used the same amount of BP, and yet again, no side effects. During the day I received Dan's BP (yay!). Again tuesday evening I used the Panoxyl BP. When I woke up today I had a small pimple on my chin which I regrettably couldn't resist 'fixing'. Fortunately for me, it only left a red mark after the shower. From now on I'll use Dan's BP. So I rubbed on the same amount as I did before, and like 15 minutes later my skin turned red..ish. But to be honest, I see that as a good sign. Now I can see that it actually affects my skin in some way.

Edit: Later in the evening today I noticed a pimple under the skin. You know, one of those that look like it would become a large whitehead sooner in it's life.. Is it OK to rub extra BP right on that spot? Or should I use some other thing for that?

Day 5

I've already noticed a significant reduction in blackheads on my face, especially around the nose. But I think I'm suffering from some initial side-effects of the CSR, because I get 1-2 whiteheads every day, where I earlier got like 1 every second day. But I'll stick to the regimen and see if it will get better, which it probably will :) Apart from the little breakout, I don't feel any other side effects anymore. A little redness after I apply moisturiser, but that's all and it usually subsides after 10-15 minutes. I use like 3/8th of a finger of BP.

Day 6

Just a quick update. I will now add pimble-count :P I'm kinda getting second thoughts about using this regimen, because to be honest my skin actually looks worse than when I started. It might just be bad luck, but I haven't had this bad skin for quite a while. I guess I'll give it a couple of weeks more, and if I don't see any improvements, I might quit.

Active pimbles: 2

"Semi"-active pimbles: 6

Major red marks: 2

Day 6

Just a quick update. I will now add pimble-count :P I'm kinda getting second thoughts about using this regimen, because to be honest my skin actually looks worse than when I started. It might just be bad luck, but I haven't had this bad skin for quite a while. I guess I'll give it a couple of weeks more, and if I don't see any improvements, I might quit.

Active pimbles: 2

"Semi"-active pimbles: 6

Just hang in! it's quite normal that your skin will become worse before you see any positive results - it's just all the bad stuff(pre pimples) thats due to the Bp will come to the surface.

A lot of people on this forum have experienced that it become worse before any positive results are seen - so hang in :D

Thanks for the encouragement, and it seems like you were right. Everything is starting to look better now :)

Day 8

Somewhat good news today. All the painful pimples are mostly gone now, I just have a few red large-ish bumps here and there. They don't hurt, and I actually think it's just damaged skin that needs to repair itself. My skin is probably going in the right direction now. No new pimples at all since yesterday morning, which is.. Well not really an improvement from where I originally was, but it really is better than the last few days where I just started on BP. By then I'd get more like 2-3 every day, but that seems to be over now. :dance: It might even get better now :) I don't really feel like going outside before these bumps are gone though, and fortunately for me I don't have to go outside until wednesday so it's all good, and I have a spinning bike and great music so I ain't gonna lack excercise either. Now for the count:

Active pimbles: 1

"Semi"-active pimbles: 1

Red marks: 4

Tiny red marks: a lot

Thank you :) Yeah I'm using the cleanser. I'm almost out of it though. I think I'll head to the store tomorrow for some Eucerin. I'll give it a go since I don't really have a clue on what else to use :s

I'll give it a go since I don't really have a clue on what else to use :s

I know that feeling :wall:

What about moisturizer ?

It's just some random one containing a bit of aloe vera. AND no oils :) But I'm actually running low on that one as well, and I'm considering something called "Eucerin Dry Skin 5% Karbamid". It's $20 for 50ml though, so quite costy. As for the cleanser I just right now bumped into something called "ABC Facial Wash 1% tea tree oil". Anyone have any insight on that? And on the company at all. (Australian Body Care)

..and I'm considering something called "Eucerin Dry Skin 5% Karbamid". It's $20 for 50ml though, so quite costy

Ok, I use that moisturizer and it's great but it's not recommended that one uses that moisturizer on the onset of the regimen as the BP and AHA can cause irritation with can cause breakouts :redface: .

As for the cleanser I just right now bumped into something called "ABC Facial Wash 1% tea tree oil". Anyone have any insight on that? And on the company at all. (Australian Body Care)

Yes i know that stuff - I used it before I started on the regime and used it once a day(in the morning) and it didnt dry me or anything, but again - I read somewhere on the board that BP and Teetreeoil can cause irritation which again can cause breakouts - it's all about irritation :confused::confused:

But if it works for you then stick with it :D

Regards

Hello!

It sounds like you are off to a good start here.

The CSR can seem like a roller coaster ride in the beginning, so do hang in there and stick with it. Once you can work up to the full amount of bp, the real clearing should start happening for you.

Good luck, and if you need any assistance just holler!

Day 9

Not much to report today. I had a pimple forming on my left cheek, but it disappeared VERY quickly (like 2 hours), not even leaving a mark. Okay thanks 'Anonym', I'll postpone that till after the summer then. I'm hoping to have my skin semi-clear by mid-july, so can't really stand any more breakouts. And thanks Brandy. I'm currently using half a finger. Will try 2/3rd tonight and see how it goes.

Active pimbles: None!!

"Semi"-active pimbles: 0

Red marks: 2

Tiny imperfections: Around 1237804478123789

Day 25

OH MY GOD IT WORKS!!

That's the subject for the day.

I'm sorry I haven't been in here for quite a while, but my computer wen't down due to some hardware failure, and I really slacked on getting it up and running again because of the absolutely amazing weather we currently have in Denmark. But the good thing is that my skin is getting really nice. And by this I mean REALLY nice. I actually can't say I can remember me having this pretty skin.. Ever. And god it is SO smooth, I know this isn't good but I can't help but touch the face from time to time, just because it feels so good!! I am so happy right now, and I'm going out twice this weekend, so hopefully I can finally hook up with a girl again. I know my self confidence won't be a problem at all! :dance::D:razz::clap::cool:

DAN YOU'RE THE MAN!!!

Active pimbles: 0

Major red marks: 0

Red marks: 1 (Not noticeable at all)

Tiny imperfections: Less and less every day

Oh and I'll get a few pics up soon enough so I can show ya'll my BEAUTIFUL skin :D:D

Cheers

Thats great tommy :dance: , I know the feeling :D:D:D

Then tell us - which products did the trick for you and how did you do the regime(shave, waiting..) ?

Fell free to tell us your succes story in the danish post - maybe other can find it helpful too :cool:

Ciao

Yeah well I'll give it a month more, and then I'm gonna post a big recap of everything I know about this and any other acne regimens I've tried. Actually I'm gonna tell you guys all that I know about acne :)

Yeah well I'll give it a month more, and then I'm gonna post a big recap of everything I know about this and any other acne regimens I've tried. Actually I'm gonna tell you guys all that I know about acne :)

fine with me :D:D:D

Day 30

Oke that was kinda the first month. Nothing to report right now really. I had a red spot with a tiny white top, but it has died down and is pretty much gone now. Nothing active in my face atm (afaik :think: ). Going to a big party tomorrow and hit the town later, so I'm hoping so much that nothing will pop out in my face tomorrow morning. But with my luck I'll probably get something huge on my cheek :wacko: But I'll report back to ya' tomorrow evening :D I'm crossing my fingers.

Active pimbles: 0

Major red marks: 0

Red marks: 1 (Again, barely noticeable)

Tiny imperfections: Kinda many.

And can anyone tell me how to deal with big pores? On my cheeks, near my nose I have kinda big ones. There's nothing in them, they're just there, gaping.

get outta here and go enjoy your life, you dont got acne!!!

Ok, seriously, you acne is very VERY minor. If I could get to where you are, I would be on cloud nine. But I understand that all of us exaggerate our acne and it looks worse to us than it really is.

So I wish you luck anyways!

:rolleyes:

I agree with nappyjim, if I only had acne like that or got down to that I would be about and about lol. Been reading your log and it has helped me here. Just over a week now on CSR and have been kind of questioning the regimen because I breakout.

Guys, I'm sorry I haven't been in touch with you for the last couple of months, because things have just been crazy down here. I need to get my life sorted out :/ In the past two months I've quit 2 jobs plus I've moved to another end of the country, resulting in me not having any internet connection for two full weeks. I would've never thought I could become addicted to anything, but apparently I'm addicted to... The net :o Sounds weird.

Oh well, on to the more relevant topic. I've been wanting to post my success story for quite a while now, but I kept postponing it because I was still kinda breaking out every once in a while, so I figured I couldn't really call it a success story. It really did piss me off, because I would break out for like 2 days, then those zits would stay there for like a week to 1½, then I'd be perfectly clear for 3 days at max, then I'd break out again. I then went to 'researching' the matter, mainly going through my diet, though finding no relation whatsoever. I continued onward with my quest and finally thought to myself 'Dude, you're still using your frickin' BODY lotion on your darned face!'. As I now live only one block away from a big health/beauty store called Matas, I didn't think twice before heading down there to find myself a new moisturiser. I stumbled upon something of Matas' own brand (Den turkise stribede, til jer danskere) which is a moisturiser against spotty skin, containing camomile and vitamin B3. While I was down there I also acquired a spot-stick, containing B3, camomile and chlorhexidine(sp?). As always I was very excited to try these new products to see if they were any good. Later in the evening I did my nightly CSR routine, this time with my new moisturiser. I was very happy to see that it rubbed way more easily into the skin, and left the skin a lot softer and not at all 'leathery'. I finished off by applying the spot stick to the worst spots and went to sleep.

To my amazement, when I woke up the spots that I applied that stick thing to were miraculously gone, leaving no scars or any signs at all, and my skin was feeling oh so soft. But hey it might just be a coincidence, so I then applied some more spot stick to my other few spots. In the evening, that day, guess what..? The spots were way lessened and nearly gone.

Now, having used the new moisturiser and spot stick for around a week, I AM perfectly clear. In fact I can't point out a single spot, and if I get any, I'll just zap it with my new magic (enchanted? :o) spot stick. My skin is also much more smooth than ever before. Now I'm just hoping that my currently clear skin isn't just pure coincidence, but that my solution actually helps.

This saturday I will top off my reasearch by drinking one litre (~34oz) of milk and see what happens. I always found myself breaking out a few days after drinking/eating dairy, but that could be a coincidence too, so now I'll put it to a test. I'll keep you updated with the results.

Guys, I'm sorry I haven't been in touch with you for the last couple of months, because things have just been crazy down here. I need to get my life sorted out :/ In the past two months I've quit 2 jobs plus I've moved to another end of the country, resulting in me not having any internet connection for two full weeks. I would've never thought I could become addicted to anything, but apparently I'm addicted to... The net :o Sounds weird.

Oh well, on to the more relevant topic. I've been wanting to post my success story for quite a while now, but I kept postponing it because I was still kinda breaking out every once in a while, so I figured I couldn't really call it a success story. It really did piss me off, because I would break out for like 2 days, then those zits would stay there for like a week to 1½, then I'd be perfectly clear for 3 days at max, then I'd break out again. I then went to 'researching' the matter, mainly going through my diet, though finding no relation whatsoever. I continued onward with my quest and finally thought to myself 'Dude, you're still using your frickin' BODY lotion on your darned face!'. As I now live only one block away from a big health/beauty store called Matas, I didn't think twice before heading down there to find myself a new moisturiser. I stumbled upon something of Matas' own brand (Den turkise stribede, til jer danskere) which is a moisturiser against spotty skin, containing camomile and vitamin B3. While I was down there I also acquired a spot-stick, containing B3, camomile and chlorhexidine(sp?). As always I was very excited to try these new products to see if they were any good. Later in the evening I did my nightly CSR routine, this time with my new moisturiser. I was very happy to see that it rubbed way more easily into the skin, and left the skin a lot softer and not at all 'leathery'. I finished off by applying the spot stick to the worst spots and went to sleep.

To my amazement, when I woke up the spots that I applied that stick thing to were miraculously gone, leaving no scars or any signs at all, and my skin was feeling oh so soft. But hey it might just be a coincidence, so I then applied some more spot stick to my other few spots. In the evening, that day, guess what..? The spots were way lessened and nearly gone.

Now, having used the new moisturiser and spot stick for around a week, I AM perfectly clear. In fact I can't point out a single spot, and if I get any, I'll just zap it with my new magic (enchanted? :o) spot stick. My skin is also much more smooth than ever before. Now I'm just hoping that my currently clear skin isn't just pure coincidence, but that my solution actually helps.

This saturday I will top off my reasearch by drinking one litre (~34oz) of milk and see what happens. I always found myself breaking out a few days after drinking/eating dairy, but that could be a coincidence too, so now I'll put it to a test. I'll keep you updated with the results.

Nice...can you show us a pic of the "wonder stick" ? maybe from www.matas.dk ?