Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sublime

Swimming

Well I was in my pool today for about 1 hour and when I got out, I had noticed some of my redmarks were faded! Can anyone explain this?

P.S. It wasnt sunny out so it's not a tan

P.P.S. Im going swimming more often :D

My chem teacher told us once that chlorine has a corrosive effect on skin, so when used in high concentrations, it could eat through. But since ur in a pool, and the ratio of chlorine to water is very small, maybe it is just exfoliating the skin. if it works, keep doin it.

Yea, they tend to put quite a bit of chlorine in the water.. I notice the same effect when i go, however im too ashamed to go right now cuz my face looks like crap.

I actually noticed last summer when swimming for about 1hr- three times a week, my skin got clearer. My dad told me that but I refused to belive it.. I was trying to stay in denial..

HOLY SHIT! Hells yeah!

went swimming for an hour and a half and guess what?!!!

My redmarks have faded like 75% since the begining of the week!

Hell yeah I'm going swimming all summer, take that british girl.

nu uh 75% thats crazy. i had this vitalize peel thing done on monday.. dunno if its working its only just starting to peel. but yeah ill be pissed if it doesnt. and yeah i am vv excited to go swimming. i sorta forgot, but hey when i go on holiday ill be in a pool like all the time. what noww sublime? keep me posted on ur success k thanks

Whether swimming in the pool or at the beach, you'll see a much more clearer skin. Well on my part, i normally swim at the beach and within 4 hours (in and out) just in one day, i never felt happier. I had a lot of red spots (i mean alot) on both cheeks and forehead and WOW.... it turned less visible, 80% improvement. Unbelievable! I was so greatful but however i got darker >.<

i think that the chlorine has a massive dryin effect aswell... and have u noticed that wen ur skin is heaps dry the marks are less noticeable?

well anyway if u are goin to swim a min of once a day then moisturise after goin in the chlorine and cleansin cause it will dry it out too much and destroy ur skin tone... leaving u blotchy...

trust me i know i train twice a day... 8 sessions a week...

AlKaMiMe :D

Well I was in my pool today for about 1 hour and when I got out, I had noticed some of my redmarks were faded! Can anyone explain this?

P.S. It wasnt sunny out so it's not a tan

P.P.S. Im going swimming more often :D

Theres no such thing as magic! But hey go again and see what happens lol, never know.

is this permanent?

Can you specify a little bit more? =) you mean on blemish wise or skin darkening?

well people have said they saw a reduction of 75% in red marks after swimming, although I think it's absolutely impossible, if they happen to fade a little is this permanent or will the red marks come back later. Because they are blood vessels, sometimes they look better and sometimes they come back and are redder, changes for me during different parts of the day.

I've been swimming once a week for the past 3 weeks and I stay in the pool about 3 hours each time and I also noticed that my red marks have faded abit. Not alot but alittle bit, but then again when I wash my face and when my face is wet it feels like my skin is more clear so I dont know. It might be my imagination too.

Hello Markymark, too good to be true eh? well, i know it sounds impossible. Alright, it's been 5 days since i went to the beach and from what i can see at this point, all the red spots I used to have turned less visible. What do I mean by less visible? All the red spots turned to a very light pink kinda color and that is why I made a statement of 80% improvement. Currently, the pinkish spot is gradually fading. Initially, I thought the red mark would reappear but it didn’t. So I hope I answered you question. Oh by the way, im going to the beach for two days (Sat & Sun). =) I planning to post a before and after pic so you can have a look!

Cheers

Ive been going swimming for 7 days in a row in a pool and my redmakrs looks the same.

That's odd! For 7 consecutive days? why not try at the beach? it would probably give you a more substantial result? Give it a try =)