Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

acne is caused by high blood sugar, so you can't eat sugar or bread, or grains, or anything high in carbs.

acne is also caused by candida, so add fruit, alcohol, vinegar and nuts to the above list.

acne is caused by dirty proteins, so you can't eat cooked meat, fish, or eggs.

unfortunately raw eggs and raw fish contain iodine, which also causes acne, so you shouldn't eat them.

don't eat too many vegetables either, because they won't digest properly, you'll get leaky gut, and that will cause acne.

just drink water and starve to death, because everything causes acne.

Unknown to humanity acne is actually caused by bad blood.

To purify blood we must live a healthy stress free outdoor lifestyle, eat well and quality fresh organic food.

Do nothing else.

Avoid processed foods.

NO, Acne is caused by the air your breathe, since people screwed up this planet and polluted the air, don't breathe and you won't have acne.

but seriously, it seems HOW you eat is more important than WHAT you eat. Eat one food at a time (sequential eating) and in small amounts, so everything gets digested.

Also, it seems that fat causes acne: nuts, pork, whole milk...

LOL.

Could we please ALL for just one tiny moment think of acne as something similar to an allergy and yet not?

Now, how many people have allergies?

Do these people with allergies suffer the same exact symptoms?

Do these people with allergies that DO suffer the same exact symptoms....have the same exact allergen?

NO
:D

There are MANY causes for acne, some are food, others are toxins or microbes (that can cause food to be an indirect trigger) or it can be the wrong skin care or even caused by helmet friction.

So why is it, that people keep questioning the significant role diet can play on acne then?

Is it because you can't pinpoint it.....you can't always with allergens either.

The "Gold Standard" is the Elimination Diet. Although an easier method is to bascially avoid a particular food item and than try to provoke a response by eating this food again...but it will take longer.

Of course, that would take too much time, or is just too darn confusing for some, therefore for those with the money, there are at least two tests available:

Food & Chemical Intolerance Test - $150 - $300+ - Provides 3 - 6 months of support. Looks for IgG antibodies and is known as an Type III Immediate Hypersensitivity reaction (similar to an allergy, but NOT) or an Immune-Complex Mediated Reaction.

http://www.nowleap.com/

http://www.yorktest.com/

The reason why food intolerance is still a controversial issue is simply down to the fact that there has been no firm evidence to pinpoint the actual causeof the intolerance, and therefore no scientific way of testing. Having said this, research has been carried out by the York Nutritional Laboratory, which suggests a deficiency of certain enzymes could be responsible for food intolerance. Enzymes are responsible for breaking down the food we eat, however in the event of a deficiency, food particles can escape into the blood stream. Consequently, this results in a build up of antibodies, these are known as IgG antibodies, however when these IgG antibodies accumulate, they release toxins and chemicals into the bloodstream resulting in a delayed allergic response. Another school of thought is that the foods to which people are intolerant, may actually be a psychological addiction that manifests itself as physical symptoms. This is because certain foods such as wheat, nuts and chocolate contain substances that bind to endorphin receptor sites that are responsible for releasing hormones, more commonly known as ‘feel good hormones’. You may recognise the pattern here, if the thought of giving up chocolate, breads and cakes or even tea and coffee makes you shudder at the thought, then this could certainly be a starting point. http://www.synergy-health.co.uk/articles/Allergy.html

It's not always that difficult to identify an allergen. A simple skin test will do, injecting small amounts of allergens into various subcutaneous spots and seeing which react and which do not. I'd imagine one can do something similar with acne, pricking the skin with small amounts of whatever ends up filtering through to your skin after eating a certain food and seeing whether or not a reaction occurs.

Of course, some allergies are even simpler than that. The severity of my own attacks correlate perfectly with grass pollen levels in the atmosphere, so it's fairly obvious that's what causes it. To avoid an attack, I can either avoid exposure to pollenated air on those days when the count is high, or use a drug that severely suppresses my body's histamine response. Unfortunately, there is nothing on the market that can permanently suppress my body's histamine response, as accutane managed to permanently reduce my body's ability to produce inflamed pimples.

It's not always that difficult to identify an allergen. A simple skin test will do, injecting small amounts of allergens into various subcutaneous spots and seeing which react and which do not. I'd imagine one can do something similar with acne, pricking the skin with small amounts of whatever ends up filtering through to your skin after eating a certain food and seeing whether or not a reaction occurs.

Of course, some allergies are even simpler than that. The severity of my own attacks correlate perfectly with grass pollen levels in the atmosphere, so it's fairly obvious that's what causes it. To avoid an attack, I can either avoid exposure to pollenated air on those days when the count is high, or use a drug that severely suppresses my body's histamine response. Unfortunately, there is nothing on the market that can permanently suppress my body's histamine response, as accutane managed to permanently reduce my body's ability to produce inflamed pimples.

Yeah, but that's the thing, they aren't doing those kinds of tests on acne sufferers. Yes some sufferers react to nickle, benzoyl peroxide, dioxin, and p. acnes bacteria....but that's the end of their testing with regards to hypersensitivity reactions.

They haven't devised a test that combines over 100 foods, spices, chemicals & microbes in order to test acne sufferers...because they aren't ready to admit that this is a very much so a viable possibility.

(A study that defined 5 types of acne as being a DTH Reaction was recently removed from Pubmed....after being posted for at least several years now....why would they do that?)

The closest thing we have officially are Food Intolerance Tests, and that is still not quite the same thing as it won't show all foods one may be hypersensitive to. Unofficially, and quite expensive at that, is the Immune Activation Test.