Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Apple_Blossem

My clear skin regime - popping b5 vitamins

I have suffered from acne for ten years. I had lots of regimes -- too many to name. Creams, soaps, fruit peels masks, etc. My skin never really cleared up.

A year ago I discovered the B5 vitamin cure. I take 8 grams of vitamin b5 (pantothenic Acid) in pill form a day. In three days, all the oil stopped coming. In two weeks my skin was clear and I havent broken out since...except when I forget to take my pills.

Everyone compliments me on my skin now - I dont use any creams, moiturizers, masks, soaps, etc. :P

Guest yahyah

i'm sorry but i'm such a sceptic.... pop a bunch of pills (inevitably destroy your liver...?) but eat what you want and don't develop a particular skin care regime??? no thanks.

I take multivitamins sure, including b5 but not in ridiculous doses.. my skin is radiant because I drink water, eat healthly, exercise & moisturise... i've even made the transition to 'no BP use'... been about a month since I used the stuff and i'm still 100% clear. I'm testament to the fact that BP use isn't forever.. and the main way to tackle acne in the long term is to change your eating/lifestlye habits and take better care of your skin through a gentle, consistent regime.

I glad something works for you, but I'd hate for people on this site to follow your footsteps and seek a 'miraculous' cure rather than change the sitution their in themselves.

:)

Its a watersoluable vitamin and it doesnt rest in the body for more than a few hours, and if you take ten minutes to research this vitamin, you will find there are no side effects for taking this vitamin at 50 grams per day (huge amounts) and there the medical industry has not found its overdose limit.

I am thankful I discovered this vitamin. About 500 other people on another site have been using this vitamin for 30 years to control their acne. I have had terrible acne for ten years, and I was very afraid that I might need to take Accutane (Side effects: You might bleed from any opening on your body while using this vitamin :o). My doctor put me on Tetracycline and told me it might ruin my liver. Instead, I vomited for 2 hours every morning during the time I took it for seven months. I am so glad I found another safer option that works better. Yippeee :)

The doctors who were studying this vitamin believe that Acne sufferers have a deficiency in this vitamin.

Actually, I had perfect "China-doll" skin and then suddenly, I had such bad acne that I couldnt go school on some days. It was just too embarassing.

As for my diet and my regimes, during the ten years with acne, I perfected my diet so that there was nothing more to perfect. I read medical books, nutrition books and saw doctors and dermatologists. I became vegetarian, I have never smoked, done drugs, drank coffee, drank soda pop, I gave up all refined sugar and white flour, I eat mostly raw fruits and veggies, I bought $400 dollars of the best vitamin supplements, I exercised and trained in dance 3 hours a day, I drank almost a gallon of water per day and then I became a pretty strick vegan when following the advice of Kr. Klapper who advises the astronauts at NASA on the healthiest diets.

During this time I was also gently washing my face twice a day, I had specially made soaps and makeups made from professionals who make those stuff and who cater to movie stars, etc just to make their skin more perfect. I had masks, exfoliations, fruit masks, fruit washes -- I tried everything during those ten years. I'm amazed at how much money I have spent just trying to fix my skin. I USED to believe my parents - that the people with acne didnt take care of their health. They didn't eat right. They didnt exercise. They picked their faces and had bad habits. They didnt wash their face.

Then I found a doctor who stated it was a huge deficiency and that 99% of the people he was working with had solved their acne by taking this vitamin in larger doses than the normal public. In 3 days, my face stopped producing oil and all infections went away. 3 days. Wow :):):)

Within the week my face was clear. I am still amazed.

PS. Of course I dont support an unhealthy lifestyle. Alcohol promotes cancer, and I can spot a smoker from fifteen feet away if they have smoked for more than ten years. They skin is looks leathery and their pores hang open. Whether diet does or does not affect our skin, it certainly affects our overall well being, energy, stamina,length of life and a million other things. :). Even though I have discovered a single vitamin that cleared my skin, I still maintain a vegan, water-only, multi-vitamin popping, lots-of-exercise lifestyle :).

Sounds too goo to be true.

But Glad it worked for you : D

What sort of money do you spend on the vitamins? Gonna throw this in whilst doing the CSR.

Cheers

eh b5 and putting in that much just scares me personally... im glad its working for u but id be too afraid to use that much and the regimen i have now seems to be working but its hard to tell with all the red marks from old acne

I think taking copious amonts of any vitaman, espically over a long period of time, is bound to have an effect on your body somehow. And 50g a day is A LOT, it must alter the balance of your body somehow :)

B5 doesn't work for everyone. I tried that regimen for 4 months and it didn't work. I also have a few friends that tried it. It worked for 2 of them but the rest of them were of luck like me.

Hmmm, I'm interested. What would be a safe amount to start out with? Like, just something that wouldn't be considered a copious amount?

Start with 3 grams a day.

They tested it up to 50 grams a day -- but the B5 Vitamin cure does not advise taking that amount. Ten grams is used on a daily basis and immediately shows results.

Here are the directions: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=15341

I hope he feels better.

To me, it seems like he doesn't know what the problem is-- his doctor does not know what the problem is, either (not that they usually know anyway :P). He's not attributing it to the B5 - but I would have to examine his life more -- does he have allergies? He mentions that perhaps his adrenal glands are off. Has he had a hormone check (since he's having sleep disturbances)? My friend has this -- and its not rare. He sounds like he might have a valve in his heart that isnt functioning correctly because he mentions tingling in his feet. Has he recently been given immunization shots? My brother was given those shots and developed chronic fatigue syndrome and laid on the floor for three months. I dragged him places and my parents carried him. He also broke out in rashes and developed scaley skin and stopped growing. The doctor's didn't know what was the problem. My mother (ten years later) found out that sometimes the immunization shots act like a poison to some children. Sometimes the children suffer seizures (my friend and I did). Fifteen years later we discovered he had severe allergies to wheat, oats, barley and rye -- which is why he had had scaley skin and stopped growing.

I had read that man's case before -- and marked it in my mind. I am still waiting to see if thirty or forty other people post the same thing with the same symptoms who are using the b5 acne cure and then I'll know that it seems to be causing a problem (but not any worse than the side effects of doctor prescribed Tetracycline or Accutane). But yes, I think people should definitely be looking on the internet and keeping their eyes open for any side effects that the medical industry has not yet found. Thank you for that article... I bookmarked it. I know there are several hundred people on the acne.org site who are using the b5 cure... so I'll wait and see if anyone else starts suspecting that it might be causing more harm than good :)