Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Apple_Blossem

Is acne all over the world or is it just here in America?

Is acne only common where we have mcDonald's and other fast food places? Does anyone know if the country of India suffers from Acne as well? Do people in Africa have whitehead/blackhead problem? Does South America??

i actually started a thread like this and people were talking about different nationalites with acne.

I came to the conclusion that a person of U.K. heritage (England, Scotland, Ireland) has a greater chance of not getting pimples.

treatable acne....or oily skin and severe acne?

i am of Scottish descent living in America and i have very mild acne and haven't had a pimple in months because of the CSR.

ummm, mild/moderate. My brother keeps it all natural and I am on antibiotics. Our acne is about the same and he's two years older than I am. (17 and 19)

Guest tvirus_outbreak

What are you talking about? There a fast food places like McDonalds all over the world. In Australia we have at least one fast food outlet in every town (we have heaps of fast food restaurants in the city that I live in). Besides, there is no proof that fast food causes acne.

I came to the conclusion that a person of U.K. heritage (England, Scotland, Ireland) has a greater chance of not getting pimples.

Well come to another conclusion because I have it severe and I'm half english.

tvirus_outbreak - yeah, I agree with all the fast good places in Australia, it seems like everywhere I go, there is a McDonalds... but even though there's no proof that fast food causes acne, I am garunteed to sprout a few pimples after a quarter pounder meal >.<

Hm.... but I think there is acne all over the world. It sometimes just doesn't seem like it because the people you have seen from other countries probably don't have acne - if you get what I mean

Acne here too! (UK) :wavey:

My father is english, and my mother indo-carribean - According to this thread my genetic make-up should mean I'd never get acne right? Wrong lol.

Many people in the UK have acne. And many people in India have acne. And many people in the Carribean have acne..

Geez some people... :wall:

In my oponion acne is very much all over the world!

I normally notice that when I visit citys such as London a lot more people tend to have acne there then where I live (Jersey), I think it could possibly be down to the pollution and dirt etc. that you get in such cities :)

I normally notice that when I visit citys such as London a lot more people tend to have acne there then where I live (Jersey), I think it could possible be down to the pollution and dirt etc. that you get in such cities :)

please tell me youre talking about jersey england and not the trash heap of new jersey america. haha

if you erase that word 'not' I think that would be more accurate.

lots of Uk people seem to be on this forum.

i'm american but my ancestors came from Scotland (plus other places)

but yeah, back to that question about people in Africa- do tribes that are seperated from the rest of the world- do they also have acne?

i actually started a thread like this and people were talking about different nationalites with acne.

I would say its the total opposite, I think your more likely to have pimples :eh: fair skinned white people seem to be the biggest sufferers of acne .... before anyone bashs me note I have said "biggest" not the only.

I would agree a certain extent that fair skin people have a greater chance to suffer from acne more severe than dark skin.

I live in Singapore, a damn hot country located 1 degree North, as good as living at the equator. We are asians but run a greater risk in acne development die to the high temperature and humidity.

Moreover, the guys have to serve 2 compulsory years in the army, thereby exposing ourselves to the adverse effects of weather. Those whose skins are more susceptible will develop severe acne.

As a result, Singaporeans are more moonfaced than Americans, even though they may be darker. This explains why Singaporean girls have hard time finding husbands when their fastidous nature in choosing husbands reject their notions that they should marry moonfaced husbands.

I think Lee Kuan Yew and his team of politicians should do sth about this.

Its more a matter of what percentage of people in that country have acne. Its like obesity, is it all over the world? Pretty much, but do certain countries have a much higher obesity number than others? Of course.

I normally notice that when I visit citys such as London a lot more people tend to have acne there then where I live (Jersey), I think it could possible be down to the pollution and dirt etc. that you get in such cities :)

please tell me youre talking about jersey england and not the trash heap of new jersey america. haha

:lol: I am talking about Jersey, England! But I never realised New Jersey was such a dump!? :shrug:

When I've been on holiday, mainly to Portugal, Spain and places like that, they all seem to have perfectly clear skin.

People in Alaska have it. And people have it it Quebec (but nothing like the Americans). In the USA more people have more severe acne. I've been living in Quebec two years (out in the country, not the cities) and the people are 75% thinner than americans and other Canadians. They also have a more artistic view to food and cooking. I notice that almost all the girls and guys are acne free. Its much more rare -- and when I cross the line to enter america (which is 2 hours away)... suddenly, everyone is obese and has serious acne (very serious). I'm not saying acne is affected by diet... but for some reason, there's a difference. Who knows what.

I normally notice that when I visit citys such as London a lot more people tend to have acne there then where I live (Jersey), I think it could possibly be down to the pollution and dirt etc. that you get in such cities :)

When I say people in the UK i dont mean London and cities specifically ...i should have been more clear. Of course if you live by the city your acne will be worse because of pollution. But once you get out into the country, people barely have any acne. I vacationed there and London was very acne-prone....then I got out to like rural Scotland and everyone had clear faces. Thats just what I saw.

and AllyKat - take it easy,lol. i'm just stating what I saw.

Yeah really. I'm very much Welsh and up until I found the regimine I had horrible acne.