Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Another important fat-soluble vitamin for the skin is Vitamin D. Think of it as liquid sunshine.

Since Vitamin D is a hormone it is important to take some in winter as we do not get enough sunlight.

Acne is typically worse in the winter, and tends to be more severe in climates with lower levels of UV light. Sunburns are certainly not good for your skin, but lots of fresh air and a light tan from daily sun exposure generally improves the complexion. For those of you who live in climates with low or variable amounts of sunshine, or who have photosensitive skin, you can get Vitamin D in a bottle – good old Cod Liver Oil. Several companies make very tasty varieties (lemon/lime, orange, and even peach flavored). One teaspoon of Cod Liver Oil usually provides the requisite 400 IUs of Vitamin D daily. Cod Liver Oil is also an excellent source of Vitamin A

Vitamin D3 is both a hormone and a vitamin. Vitamin D3 is consumed in the diet and also synthesised by the action of sunlight on cholesterol in the skin and so became known as the sunshine vitamin. Because it can be produced in the body, is transported in body fluids, has specific target tissues and does not have to be supplied in the diet, it meets the definition of a hormone.

Vitamin D3 is best known for its ability to stimulate the absorption of calcium and phosphate from the small intestine and decrease the urinary excretion of calcium thus improving bone density and strength.

Most Australians probably believe they’re getting enough vitamin D from everyday sunlight. So it may surprise you to hear that more of us seem to be vitamin D deficient than was previously thought.

Low levels of vitamin D have been found in Australians across a number of groups:

23% of younger adults nationally.

People living in cooler regions

- 43% of women living in southern states in winter (30% in summer).

Even in southern Queensland 23% of adults are Vitamin D deficient

melbourne in all of his posts has clearly demonstrated that a little knowledge is a BAD thing.

He's harmless.....he just trying to rile us up........he's not seroius.......and his posts are somewhat amusing.....i.e. "Why Snakes Have No Bones"

He's trying to make us laugh......I kinda like him......

melbourne in all of his posts has clearly demonstrated that a little knowledge is a BAD thing.

He's harmless.....he just trying to rile us up........he's not seroius.......and his posts are somewhat amusing.....i.e. "Why Snakes Have No Bones"

He's trying to make us laugh......I kinda like him......

Yes I want to make people laugh and sometimes cry.

IPB Image