Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elfgirl

I quit, I give up, I give in!!!!!

I have tried everything in my power to get rid of the acne on my neck, changed diet, dropped the vit a because of the fish oil in it, don't eat tuna any more or any junk food, no soda, tons and tons of water, I even bought MSM tabs and began to take them, did TTO, have used Sea Salt, Neem soap, Dial soap and anything else that has been suggested to heal and prevent them. But nothing works, I don't break out on my face, just a few white heads at that time of the month, but I am done, I am so sick of this! I know that like cancer, acne knows no age, I have run the gaumat of BP, SA, Mint Julip all of it, nothing, nothing, nothing and I am beyond being embarassed by now even exfoliation and neo cream did little improving. So, I am done. I hate the redness and the way it makes my neck look. I wish all of you luck with clearing your skin. Elf

im sure everybody at some point says this same thing... enough is enough but please please don't give up... keep trying...keep looking for a solution... in anything u do... u can not give up and must carry on...through the darkest nights comes a bright day...please don't give up on this fight.

I have tried everything in my power to get rid of the acne on my neck, changed diet, dropped the vit a because of the fish oil in it, don't eat tuna any more or any junk food, no soda, tons and tons of water, I even bought MSM tabs and began to take them, did TTO, have used Sea Salt, Neem soap, Dial soap and anything else that has been suggested to heal and prevent them. But nothing works, I don't break out on my face, just a few white heads at that time of the month, but I am done, I am so sick of this! I know that like cancer, acne knows no age, I have run the gaumat of BP, SA, Mint Julip all of it, nothing, nothing, nothing and I am beyond being embarassed by now even exfoliation and neo cream did little improving. So, I am done. I hate the redness and the way it makes my neck look. I wish all of you luck with clearing your skin. Elf

Hi,

First DONT GIVE UP!! There is always an answer + if its only on the neck you are very lucky.

Most of the stuff you have mentioned really isnt going to help acne unless its very mild and very occasional. Sea Salt!!!???Dial Soap!!?? Diet!!???. Most of it will either do nothing or irritate the skin further especially BP/ SA (BP especially should be used with care, I hope you are not applying BP continaully to red areas otherwise you will go traffic light red! and be very sore for a long time). Granted a good diet will make you feel better but its not going to help acne.

You do know some acne will not respond to topical treatment, in fact most acne wont unless its on the surface of the skin..

My advice go and see you doc/ derm and get some proper advise on the acne if its bothering you. Maybe its not even acne if its only on your neck,maybe its something else, or maybe its too much BP???. Too many people are relying on these health fads like strange diets, and obscure drinks & herbs, with very little proof, and I understand why, believe me i do because I have been there at some time in the last 10-11 years. Anyway thats another topic.

Maybe taking some oral antibiotics may help that area. And if its a very red & inflamed area a steroid cream like fucidin H is very good at easing that and allowing the skin to heal, though steroid creams should not be used for more than a week or so very occasionally as it can weaken and thin the skin.

I reckon you should first try dropping the BP and try just washing the area with mild soap/ hypoallergenic. Also

Thx

AndD

P.S I didnt understand the bit about dropping vit-A. Vit A is the closest thing to a cure for acne, well accutane is vit A (granted its synthetic). Droppings vitamins and foods like that is definately not wise... And what is wrong with tuna now!!!!!

Hi elfgirl,

I'm sure we have all felt like giving up at some point or another. I certainly have. Acne is frustrating. There isn't a single product or ingredient out there that will cure the most of us. It's a very difficult condition to treat but you CAN'T quit! It's a lose/lose situation really. You quit treating, acne gets worse; you continue to treat with the "wrong" product, acne can get worse. You just have to keep going until you find that one product or that one system that will clear you and like AndD posted, at least it's only on your neck.

I hope you keep trying.

my skins been doing awsome with the 10% oxy bp wash and alpha hydrox creme (oil free). And prior to strating that my neck was breaking out like crazy below the jawline going all the way down the sides, it sucked, but im clear now. :dance:

Problem is these zits are right out in front on the neck not on the sides where they can be hidden by hair or on the back of the neck like I wish they were.

Definitely don't give up! Finding a good gentle cleanser is key and you can try other products to clear up your breakouts since the BP isn't working. You could try using Paula's Choice 2% Beta Hydroxy Acid Gel or Liquid on the affected areas and see how that works for you! For a gentle cleanser, I personally recommend and love Aveeno's Ultra Calming Foaming Wash.

"Definitely don't give up! Finding a good gentle cleanser is key and you can try other products to clear up your breakouts since the BP isn't working. You could try using Paula's Choice 2% Beta Hydroxy Acid Gel or Liquid on the affected areas and see how that works for you! For a gentle cleanser, I personally recommend and love Aveeno's Ultra Calming Foaming Wash. "

Both of those products are staples to keep my skin clear. I have very sensitive skin; even my own sweat can cause irritation flare-ups, but these products do not aggravate my skin at all.

It would be a very good idea to see your dermatologist, too. I would ask him about prescription retinoids in particular, since these can actually help normalize pore function.

A sidenote: I was searching for an effective salicylic acid product for years. Most of them were either too harsh, making my skin worse, or did nothing. I then educated myself by learning which ingredients were irritants and which were beneficial; I also learned that many of the claims made by cosmetics companies (non-comedogenic, fragrance-free, hypo-allergenic, may reduce the look of, can improve the appearnce of,..., etc.) are not regulated by the FDA. Anyway, what made the BIGGEST difference in my hunt was discovering that salicylic acid only is effective in solutions having a pH of 4 or lower. Most salicylic products have too high of a pH and/or contain irritants. Paula's Choice Beta Hydroxy Acid products are some of the few salicylic acid products that actually work because they lack common irritants and are formulated to be pH correct. These products can be ordered at:

http://www.cosmeticscop.com

Also, I would advise taking a peek at the "Learn" section on the left side of the screen.

Try Eurocin Gel. This is the product that cleared my acne and the ONLY one that works on me after trying out so many prescribed and OTC products. *MOD EDIT*