Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheClassicCrime

chest and back acne???

I'm 16 years old and I've had pretty bad chest acne since I was like 14. It used to just be down lower [like in between my boobs] but now it's spread up to around my neck line and the actual chest part and it's all over. I don't break out really like in the lower region anymore but there are dark red marks that sometimes pus and bleed and then the breakouts that have just recently started to happen around my neck line are pretty giant and I am constantly getting whiteheads. My back isn't that bad, but I still have some breakouts. Does anyone know any good stuff that can help get rid of this besides going to the doctor and/or spending a lot of money on stuff you have to buy online? I'm talking about things you can buy at wal-mart/target, etc. I went to the doctor once, and they perscribed retin-a. That was for my face... but that didn't go over so well, so I'm kind of not wanting to go back. This acne is pretty serious, so I'm thinking it might take a trip to the doctor to find something that could actually work but anyways, if you could help me that'd be great!

you're already going to help yourself - trip to the doctors is the first big step. you'll probably be put on a tetracycline and have to go back in 3 months. good luck!

I had acne on my chest and back alst year, I had it for months or a year, and it was horrible, it was all red coz, I was embarrassed to tell anyone

my dermatologyst gave me benzoil peroxide at 5%, using neutrogena soap when I took a bath, and that's it!

in 3 weeks my chest and back were clear!

personally I suggest Accutane. Your situation sounds just like mine a couple of years ago. I mucked around with anti biotics and topicals and all that rubbish. Regret not just getting Accutane and ending it there. You will probably be given antibiotics for 3 months which may or may not work. If they do work you will have to stay on them and then in the future say even years from now they may stop working and THEN you will have to go on Accutane. If you do it now in a few months you probably will be cured for life :)

its really important to have an oral treatment such as doxy or mino as well as a topical product to alleviate bacne.

I sometimes use Dr Murad's Body Acne products.

First, In the shower I use the Murad Acne Body wash, which is great and contains salic. acid and beads for exfoliation and other stuff.

Next, I use another product Murad Acne Body SPRAY, which also contains a more concentrated amount of salic. acid and other ingredients which u spray all over ur back or wherever u have body acne. It may sting abit but it works quite good.

Exfoliating the back helps me alot with bacne.

im suffering from really bad acne on my chest at the moment and im covered in acne scars to, im goin to ask my doctor if he wil put me on accutane because i have heard its really good but does anyone know if there is any side effects with it... :think:

im suffering from really bad acne on my chest at the moment and im covered in acne scars to, im goin to ask my doctor if he wil put me on accutane because i have heard its really good but does anyone know if there is any side effects with it... :think:

There are a lot of side affects:

Birth defects

Mental problems and suicide

Serious brain problems.

stomach problems

Bone and muscle problems

Hearing problems

Vision problems

fats and cholesterol in blood

Allergic reactions

Most common tho are dry eyes, dry skin, dry nose chapped lips and nose bleeds.

But if your body acne is really bad you should go for it...