Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

im on the 3rd day of this regime.. im following the directions as directed, i printed it out and everything however.... underneath my eyes have gotten really darker reddish... and seems wrinkled... and the the crevices on my nostrils seemed to have gotten red and irritated as well.. its a bit itchy and what not but im trying not to touch it... i use the purpose gentle cleansing bar, csr and complex 15, what am i doing wrong? possible allergies? perhaps i started with too much BP at once? will this go away soon?

hmm, i might have started off with too much BP.. the first day of using the same amount of BP my skin seemed fine, the second day it started to become irritated, perhaps i should use a lot less BP for about a week then go for the recommended amount

im on the 3rd day of this regime.. im following the directions as directed, i printed it out and everything however.... underneath my eyes have gotten really darker reddish... and seems wrinkled... and the the crevices on my nostrils seemed to have gotten red and irritated as well.. its a bit itchy and what not but im trying not to touch it... i use the purpose gentle cleansing bar, csr and complex 15, what am i doing wrong? possible allergies? perhaps i started with too much BP at once? will this go away soon?

hmm, i might have started off with too much BP.. the first day of using the same amount of BP my skin seemed fine, the second day it started to become irritated, perhaps i should use a lot less BP for about a week then go for the recommended amount

What I did was start out slowly as I couldn't risk become super red. So the first week I applied BP once a day and then the next week, same amount of BP (small amount) but twice daily. Then I very slowly used more and more week after week until I realized that......I was nearly clear! haha yeah so start slow. dont jump the gun! give your skin time to adjust!

my suggestion is

look here

http://www.acne.org/finger.html

look at how much you use at the start (that is for whole face)

so i gues you've been using too much and your face is slightly irritated!

no biggie

jus use less bp and more moisturiser for a day or so and it should go back to normal

thanks everyone, lots of people have been telling me that i should start wearing sunscreen when going out, due to the sudden redness of my face!, so ill use a LOT less twice a day, for the regime and gradually build it up, thanks everone

you definately need sunscreen now man

bp makes your face a lot more prone to sunburn (read my recent topic in this forum for a better idea why hehe)

i knew all along that bp made skin more prone to burning/tanning

but i never realised just how much as english summer has only just started hehe!

Dami4n's right, you need a sunscreen, however the redness you described sounds like an allergy.

to me(dont quote me on this) sounds like hayfever, last year i myself thought the BP was causing redness around my nose and and puffyness of the eyes, but in fact it was hayfever

just a thoughxx

I agree that you need a sunscreen espically with the weather starting to get so much warmer, and also take care not to apply BP too close to sensitive areas such as your eyes or nostrils as this could cause extra ittitation :)

and the upides are.....

WATERFIGHTS

hehe

therefore it sorta turns in2 wet tshirt comps......an we all love them hehehehe!

hmm... im using COMPLEX 15 at the moment and that has no SPF... other than that i know of no other good moisturizer besides the highly rated yet discontinued EUCERIN! :wall::wall:

underneath my eyes have gotten really darker reddish... and seems wrinkled...

I had this a while ago, and it was actually an allergy... is it kinda itchy and a little sore? If so maybe see a doctor or your derm :]

alot of people have sensitive skin and that purpose bar is really drying and irritatign for sensitive skin, try and use a cleanser specifically for sensitive skin that folows the regulations.you defintily need a sunscreen/moisturizer when usign this regimen too.

underneath my eyes have gotten really darker reddish... and seems wrinkled...

Discarding the possibility of an allergy (you'd have to consult a derm), I suggest that you keep BP away from that area. The itchiness and even burning sensation are caused by BP that might have come in touch with that ssensitive area while applying moisturizer.

If you still experience wrinkling, applying a second moisturizer below your eyes would help a lot. I'm using Neutrogena Healthy Skin Eye Cream.

I would've tried Eucerin Eye Cream, but the tube had a dumb weird legend on it: "Don't apply near the eyes".. :confused: does that make any sense??

I would've tried Eucerin Eye Cream, but the tube had a dumb weird legend on it: "Don't apply near the eyes".. :confused: does that make any sense??

lmao

Good choice staying away from that product :lol:

thanks everyone, that purpose bar is a bit dryingg but it has such high reviews that i had bought 2! crap.... any substitutes? i bought it because i thought about shaving with the lather of the soap but i dont get a close enough shave with that... so i was thinking liquid..

bar cleansers dry out the face more than a liquid would right? im just worried that the shaving gel i use isnt non comondeginc(sp?)... http://www.drugstore.com/qxp16411_333181_s...n_with_aloe.htm