Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

...as some of you know I will be on accutane in 27 days...( dermo apntments and paperwork...rrr) newho I was wondering if the scars that r left behind will eventually fade away of if they will stay? Also when I am done with my 5 month ACCUTANE experience will the red marks fade too or stay with me forever like scars might? Also would it be an ok thing to stay on my BENZACLIN just to help out the ACCUTANE alittle more?

...as some of you know I will be on accutane in 27 days...( dermo apntments and paperwork...rrr) newho I was wondering if the scars that r left behind will eventually fade away of if they will stay? Also when I am done with my 5 month ACCUTANE experience will the red marks fade too or stay with me forever like scars might? Also would it be an ok thing to stay on my BENZACLIN just to help out the ACCUTANE alittle more?

Firstly, good luck with your Accutane adventure. You'll love it. I'm loving it! :)

The scars left behind, the red ones, will eventually fade away. I mentioned to Nextel85 to inquire about this prescription called "Phenetia." I think I have the spelling down correct. I just recently heard of it through my aunt. My cousin went on Accutane/Amnesteem for severe acne and his skin looks really beautiful. He applied this prescription to his affected areas post tane to heal the scars and fade them away. His skin looks flawless. You'll get this prescription post tane. Inquire about it to your derm.

Any other type of scarring left behind post Tane, maybe inquire about chemical peels and micordermabrasions with your derm. That's what I'm going to do as well. I love microdermabrasion. It's great. I want to give my skin a fresh-me-upper. =)

Good luck! :)

ok I will be sure to ask about it. He is putting me on a 5 month therapy session with ACCUTANE so I guess my acne isnt as bas as some who I have seen say they went on it for 7 months...2 months extra but their skin WAS as bad as mine when I seen the pictures. I was gonna put pics on here of mine and see what you guys think but hell I dont have a digi cam to do it with...( im a broke bitch! lol :) neway thanx for the advice I will ask my dermo about it and c what he thinks.

Hi DollyApples, I'm also interested in this, do you know how long after completing his treatment he was prescribed Phenetia? Thanks!