Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest tired of this shish

Not to start another myth but...

Guest tired of this shish

Not to start another myth, but I did a short semi-solid general cleanse for other reasons than acne using a 2 weeks detox by Whole Body Cleanse for 4 days.

I'm under anti-biotics and suddenly it stupidly struck me 4 days into my cleansing that I might be flushing out my anti-biotic properties so I suddenly stopped it short. The system requires taking a fiber and laxatives morning and night around the same period I take my acne medicine.

Would this laxative-based system really flush my medicine or are both absorbed differently?

IPB Image

As far as I know it depends on what time you take the medicines and cleansing stuff. If you take them at the same time or at close intervals them most likely the fiber will absorb your antibiotics also. I'd keep at least 1 hour difference.

Then again, you should speak to your doc about this one. Most likely he's going to tell you to get off such a 'dangerous and unproven methods'. But I'd still recommend at least consulting your doc as he'd know better on how these things affect each other.

After you'r finished with your antibiotics I'd take probiotics to replace the colon flora that antibiotics have killed.

Then again, you should speak to your doc about this one. Most likely he's going to tell you to get off such a 'dangerous and unproven methods'.

haha i love it!!! well said, sepsi.