Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
miserablelawstudent

How do we prevent acne marks???

Were all working on fixing the marks after acne, but how do we prevent those marks in the first place? I was interested in switching off of proactiv because im afraid that is causing my marks, either that or my second course of accutane, because I never had a mark left until I started these two methods. Presently, I still rarely break out but in the event that I do, it always leaves a mark, SO HOW DO I PREVENT THE MARKS IN THE FIRST PLACE???????????????????????????

well not getting acne is a way , also sometimes if u dont pick ur acne it doesnt leave sometimes even if u dont pick ur acne u still leave but its better than picking it

Proactiv is supposed to DRY the pimples, but it also dries the skin. I've noticed that when I use proactiv, my pimples go from moist and pus-filled to dry and soon wrinkly. I think that when you just use the BP on the pimple, it dries up the skin, and not just the pimple. Which in turn causes your skin to turn a diff. color, and to peel. if you follow the proactiv with a moisturizer, you should be okay. Also, if the proactiv works, dont stop using it. If you want, you can follow up the proactiv with a hydroquinone cream, to help the acne, and teh marks. just let the BP dry on your face first.