Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

what have your experiences been with rice pasta? i've cut out all pasta, bread, etc. from my diet, basically the only carbs I eat are oatmeal, potato, and rice. none of these seem to give me trouble, so i decided to try rice pasta. it's glycemic index is SO HIGH (92) but i wanted to try it so i could have some more variety in my diet, also seeing that rice doesnt seem to affect my acne. i'd love to hear what you guys think and i'll update on if i break out after my rice pasta tonight.

I seem to do okay with it, although I'm cutting it out for awhile now, because I'm doing a very strict anti-candida diet.

I can eat white or brown rice or brown rice pasta 3x a day, EVERY day, and not break out.

Plus when I eat rice, or practically any food, I'm generally eating 1.5 - 2 servings per meal so that's a lot of rice. It has no impact. I've even gone days or a few weeks were I'm not eating rice at all and I've noticed no changes in my skin.

Of course, we are all different.

There was a study done back in 1994 that showed that semi-refined rice (and vegetables and fish) reduces your risk for Insulin Resistance and reduces your hormonal imbalance, while semi-refined wheat (and trans fats)...increased your risk.

All the best!

That's interesting Sweetjade, so that would make rice probably the most friendly grain for someone trying to follow a low GI diet then...

I didn't know brown rice pasta has a GI of 92?? Are you sure about that? I'd like to try some myself, I miss spaghetti and wheat seems to give me problems.

That's interesting Sweetjade, so that would make rice probably the most friendly grain for someone trying to follow a low GI diet then...

I didn't know brown rice pasta has a GI of 92?? Are you sure about that? I'd like to try some myself, I miss spaghetti and wheat seems to give me problems.

I don't base any foods that I avoid on the GI, GL, or II ;) I go by what my body tells me and sometimes there's a study or two to back it up!

While I was a HUGE pasta lover, I was never a fan of wheat pasta, so the brown rice pasta is definately something I enjoy eating. Give it try. There's other types of gluten/wheat free pastas out there as well so you can always experiment and see what your body thinks.

All the best!