Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

For anyone who buys them or has in the past, how are they? I was going to buy some from Food Lion today, 50 for $5 i think and then i decided not too. How long does one package of 50 last and do they really work that well? Any feedback would be extremely helpful. Thanks!

I have the Clean & Clear pack of 50 oil absorbing sheets and they work very well for me. The thing for me though is that I find the sheets are fairly small in size, about the size of a standard post-it note, and I have to use about 4-5 sheets to completely remove all the shine and oil off of my face! Because of that I only use them whenever I go out and need to look especially nice. Other than that, it really does help with the oily shine I get around midday. I find that my face is relatively oily though in comparison to other people, so maybe you'll have better luck. ;)

Also, I've read that other people use cigarette rolling paper and are more satisfied with it. You could always give that a try also but I've got no experience with it to offer an opinion.

Thank you for your reply SPORK! Right now i have no experience with any type of oil absorbing anything and just wish to get people's opinions about what they have used. Anyone else care to share???

they are usually like tracing paper or cigarette papers

sorta thin shiney paper but they do absorb the oil.

you can get them from most pharmacys/stores depending where you are.

i might get some for my nose.....altho ive found exfoliating helps LOADS with oil production

Tempting, but i'd never use 'em cos i'd be too embarssed to take them into school and blot my face.. cos it'll make me seem greasy which I am, lol. But it's not like a common thing in the guy toilets stopping inf rotn of a mirror for a quick blot :P

www.eyeslipsface.com has oil sheets 50 for 1.00.. they work really well and they're cheap =)

I use the Clean & Clear ones (cheaper) and Shiseido ones (expensive) and both work really well!

It basically helps make you feel like you aren't producing a ton of oily on your face! Also are great for when you are supposed to wash your face at a certain time and just CAN'T at that moment.

I just started using them in the last few months and am glad I started :)

Tempting, but i'd never use 'em cos i'd be too embarssed to take them into school and blot my face.. cos it'll make me seem greasy which I am, lol. But it's not like a common thing in the guy toilets stopping inf rotn of a mirror for a quick blot :P

i know what u mean, but thats why i just go into a stalll and have one ready for me to pull out so i can get in there and get out!

I bought the Clean & Clear oil control film - they're really nice, blue silky sheets and really absorb the oil from my face well. I mainly get oily on the "T" section of my face (forehead, nose and chin), so one is enough for me... I think I use the front and back of it so one is enough

Yeah, it's kind of embarrasing to use them in public because people are like, what are you doing? You're not blowing your nose - you're blotting it! So I usually just do it when I go to the toilet or when I'm alone :P

Hope that helps!

Hi,

I have tried numereous blotting paper and I think that for achieving its purpose, they all perform relatively equally, ie, a little better than tissue becasue it doesn't have lose fiber etc.

The clean N clear I don't really care much for because of its packaging... It simply isn't discreet enough imo. I don't like the film's bounce, nor its powder surface nor the that it turn transparent when oiled. (sure, it is good visual que, but I don't like it personally).

I currently keep many different brand around and one of my favorite is the Yojiya Aburatorigami from

http://www.yojiya.co.jp/english/goods/index.html

They have a store in torrance california and I am sure many travler's to Japan will recognize it as it is one of the most popular facial blotting paper.

Since I tend to run out of them as I don't make a trip to Torrance CA that frequently, I keep a bunch of the ELF paper around (they are small, cheap so you can pretty much keep one in every possibly place, one in briefcase, one in backpack, one in golf bag and everywhere.

I also use keep boscia's green tea blotting paper around, they are in 100 sheet size so not as portable.

I've also try various brands from shishedo to other japanese branded paper and really, I don't think there are much differences.

That leads me to why I would use this instead of facial tissue or the brown paper towel in public bathrooms... As an adult male acne sufferer, I have long passed being embarrassed by my need to attend to my acne situation, so I figure that if I can't hide it, I might as well use something that pleases me and use quality items so that those that will notice it will appreciate my distinguished taste :P

Don't be embarrassed, the day of using anything more than simple soap for a man is girly is long gone, if it makes you feel better to blot, then do it.