Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
craigmn1

Post-100% Redness

Hey all,

I've browsed here a bit in the past, but rarely posted. Anyway, last Tuesday I applied my online-purchased 100% TCA to my forehead scars. It stung a bit, but not too bad. They all got quite red, and formed scabs as they should have. Yesterday, the largest scar between the eyebrows lost its scab. I was expecting a major improvement, since the test run I had performed on a small nose scar yielded instant improvement. So I was a bit disappointed when this one was quite red.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Do you folks think this is an instance of hyperpostpigmentation? I'm hoping so. I've read a bit about it in other peoples' cases with the same strength of TCA. Two months to fade? Dah, I hope not. It almost looks like a brand new scar. :eh:

The redness should fade in a few weeks. From the picture, it doesn't look that red, more like slightly pink.

True. But it bugs me. :rolleyes: The scar was always somewhat pink, hence my desire for the TCA. So I'm wondering if this is a completely failed procedure for the scar, or just hyperpostpigmentation.

I don't mean to scare you or anything, but my derm and laser surgeon told me that anything that scabs or crusts is a bad sign. I just got another vbeam, and my face is covered with bruises. I was told to make sure not to let them scab or it might cause scarring. Put on a ton of moisturizer, and you should be ok.

I don't mean to scare you or anything, but my derm and laser surgeon told me that anything that scabs or crusts is a bad sign.

Using laser scabbing is to aviod but for chemical peeling is normal.

did the TCA seep downwards? cause it looks pink in between your eyes as well

lol, no... that's just bad lighting due to a camera phone, plus a small healing pimple.

It's still pretty pink today, but not quite as pink as yesterday. There's a small part of the scar that is still scabbed and healing in a lower corner... interesting.

I sincerely hope it looks better after two weeks. As it is, I'm more pink/red than I was before the treatment. :think: