Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smoothbig

Is it normal for me to take one hour on the regimen?

Ive been doing it for about 2-3 months now, and it seems its taking longer and longer because im starting to apply more (still one finger length but thicker) and im also more gentle rather than rubbing it in hard and fast i let itself sink in.

ive actually gone out of my way to buy a mirror so i can sit in my room, watch tv and apply. i swear a whole show must finish before im even done applying bp.

This is my regimen.

1.wash cetaphil cleanser wait 10

2. apply bp CSR wait 10

3. moisturise with nivea oil free fluid

Well, it's perfectly normal, as you're applying more and more BP and I think you're right in being extra gentle. This is the step which takes the longest, specially when you're applying more BP.

I'm around my 4th month or so and I was taking almost 1 hour as well. But recently I cut back to one finger and things are still fine and clear. You could cut your dosage back a bit as long as you stay clear to save some minutes, if you feel you're spending too much time on it. But remember that being clear takes time and effort and I wouldn't mind spending 2 or more hours hours doing this regimen, if that'd take to keep clear :)

it takes me about 10secs to wash my face

then i wait 10mins ( i do my hair or somethin )

then applying bp takes no more than 3mins, then i wipe the excess off with my fingers that dont have bp on them.

then i wait 10mins an then apply moisturiser

that takes around 2-3mins max.

so in total my regimen is 25mins long MAX

but application times take less than 10mins easy!

if its taking a lot longer your over-doing it definately

Smoothbig,

no, it really should not be taking that long!

You should spend maybe a few minutes washing (that includes time spent standing there at the sink or shower waiting for the water to get warm, lol) then wait 10 mins, spend 5 mins. or so rubbing in the bp, then wait another 10 mins., then smooth on your moisturizer for a few minutes. At the most, 30 minutes or so.

It takes me an hour to get ready in the morning, from the time I step in the shower, to the time my hair and makeup are done and clothes are on.

So, excluding time spent blowing drying and styling hair, and applying makeup after the basic Regimen stuff, I spend probably less than 30 mins. on my facial routine.

You should spend maybe a few minutes washing (that includes time spent standing there at the sink or shower waiting for the water to get warm, lol) then wait 10 mins, spend 5 mins. or so rubbing in the bp, then wait another 10 mins...

Oops... am I being too careful and maybe a bit paranoid then? I try to apply it exactly as :dan: shows in his videos, but I have to do it on my whole face so I make sure that no area gets uncovered. I spread it and glide it until it gets absorbed and it definitely takes more than 10 minutes. And it used to take much longer when I was applying 2 fingers!

Am I overdoing it too? :unsure:

But recently I cut back to one finger and things are still fine and clear...

Applying 1 finger still takes more than 10 minutes average for me, and I do it exactly as Dan shows (or so I try). I also get rid of the excess from time to time while applying it.

Or maybe I'm being too extra extra careful I guess...

i apply 3 blobs that are pea sized to my chin

and i massage in for a few mins until there is a thin layer of bp

then i change fingers to ones that dont have bp on yet

and continue to massage it in.

then i wipe the rest away down to the bottom of my chin to the edge of my jawline an im done!

it takes 3-5mins ish.

an it works.

but if its workin for you lingler i wudnt stop

my way simple means im a lot less dry in the day and in NO way flakey

i can open my mouth aswide as i want and stil i dont get any flakes

i apply 3 blobs that are pea sized to my chin

it takes 3-5mins ish.

So, if you had to apply it all over your face in three stages (like I do), say 1) forhead and temples, 2) nose and cheeks and 3) chin, that would be about 15 minutes average, no? I guess I'm doing fine then :)

but if its workin for you lingler i wudnt stop

Most definitely.

Haha yeh I had that annoying problem until I started on NHS. It got it solved in no time. But I'm not much of a wide mouth opener anyway. :D

You should spend maybe a few minutes washing (that includes time spent standing there at the sink or shower waiting for the water to get warm, lol) then wait 10 mins, spend 5 mins. or so rubbing in the bp, then wait another 10 mins...

Oops... am I being too careful and maybe a bit paranoid then? I try to apply it exactly as :dan: shows in his videos, but I have to do it on my whole face so I make sure that no area gets uncovered. I spread it and glide it until it gets absorbed and it definitely takes more than 10 minutes. And it used to take much longer when I was applying 2 fingers!

Am I overdoing it too? :unsure:

Well, I do a full-face application too, and it doesn't take me that long. :think:

If it's working for you, and you don't mind spending so much time, then keep on.

But, honestly I would not want to spend a whole hour on just the Regimen! ;)

I think I do it a bit different than Dan shows in the video though, I put the entire finger worth all over my face and then just gently smear it around and rub it in outward strokes, smoothing it on. I don't put it on one area at a time and do it in sections. I've always done it this way and it has worked out for me. :shifty::angel:

For me, the time to apply a full fat finger of Dan's gel is about 12 minutes. I glob the whole thing on the major areas of my face (each cheek, chin, forehead) and then gently spread it all around, probably very similarly to how Brandy applies hers. I use only my right hand to rub the gel in so that I'm not wasting too much by having it on my fingers. It feels like a long time, but I think it's worth it. Also, making sure your face and fingers are completely dry before you apply it might reduce the time. If the finger I squirt my BP out on is even a little bit moist, the BP will start to slide off and it will take me a couple minutes longer to apply for whatever reason.

first i wash my face it takes me around 15 min, I spend around 10 min to put the BP only in my cheeks because thats the infected part of my face, and then I wait 10 min to put lotion

Haha yeh I had that annoying problem until I started on NHS. It got it solved in no time. But I'm not much of a wide mouth opener anyway. :D

just realised how bad that sounded lol :wall:

I use a very fat line, finger-length, of Dan's BP, and that takes 10-15 minutes. But it really is a lot of BP, I go through a full tube in about two weeks.

It takes me a total of probably 30-40 minutes to put everything on, depending on how much I wait between applications.

:shock: my BP application takes about 2 minutes, I use about 1/4 of a finger for my chin and upper lip area, and moistursing takes slightly less then that.

But the way I see it is I would cleanse and moisturise anyway, so adding BP in as another step really isn't taking up too much time.

Like other people have said maybe your using too much BP or taking TOO much care to apply it if thats possible :)

People people people, from the looks of things we are all doing things different.

Okay, the only reason i take 1 hour to do it, is not the waashing, that takes seconds, the moisturising takes seconds as well, its the bp.

I have one full ( not really full, i stop at about the tip of my index finger) and im only doing two sides of my face, no forehead, no chin.

lightly smearing the bp all over the face, because theres so much and ur being gentle, it literally will take 40 minutes before it starts to sink in.

my finger full is usually thicker, about 7-8 mm thick.

also, usually in the mornings, i dont have the time, so i use about a third of my finger and a thin line as well. this sounds like how much u guys are applying in terms of time. if i do this, it will take me about 5 mins to apply it, which is more bearable for me.

it took me a long time, but i never thought about it until last nite, i thought that was just the way it is and i have to live with it for the next few months

im on month 3.

Get near a fan or something to speed up the drying process while you're applying BP. I'm guessing you live in a humid climate or something, because there's no way it should take 40 minutes for the BP to absorb.

Hmmm, 40 minutes on BP alone really is a long time. I use more BP than you and rub it in longer than most people do here and it still only takes me 1/3 of the time it does for you. Are you rubbing it in until it is completely sticky on your skin? What I do is I glob it on and then spread it around, and then I keep spreading it around my face with my fingers until I no longer see any unevenly thick areas (places where you can actually see the white gel gooped on). I angle my head around the light and look for parts of my skin where it is unusually shiny where I rub it in just a little more, but after that I stop. The BP won't really feel dry at this point, and your skin should look and feel quite moist, perhaps even a little bit shiny but definitely not glossy. Then you just stop touching your face altogether, chill out for 15 minutes, and apply moisturizer.

[qupote]Get near a fan or something to speed up the drying process while you're applying BP. I'm guessing you live in a humid climate or something, because there's no way it should take 40 minutes for the BP to absorb.

now why would you want to put a lot on your face and then just have it all dry up? isn't the goal absorption?

It doesn't take 40 minutes to absorb BP. If you used a fan in assisting the BP to dry at a normal rate then how would that be any different from someone else applying the same amount in 10 minutes? :shrug: