Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, this is my first post on the boards. For about 6 years, I have had acne and I've tried every medicine you can think of. My doctor noticed my resistence to all of the medications and recommened Accutane. My acne isn't that bad, but the reason she suggested it to me is because it affects me emotionally. I did have a few courses of laser treatments which cleared my skin, but the acne eventually creeped back. My doctor also suggested birth control at one time to help my skin,(Yasmin) but it just made my skin worse. I've tried just about every anti-biotic and topical; nothing seems to work. So at this point, I'm pretty desperate and I will do anything to have clear skin. But, I can't help but feel worried about Accutane's horrible side effects. Which brings me to this question....Is Accutane really worth it?

Pictures of my clear skin after laser treatments(with short hair) and a current picture of my acne:

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e103/Fol...ida/randomness/

do it!!! i was worried too and my acne was similar to yours. i'm coming up on the end of month 2 and i am loving it. clearer than ever!! (knock on wood) just think about it if your not sure though.

do it!!! i was worried too and my acne was similar to yours. i'm coming up on the end of month 2 and i am loving it. clearer than ever!! (knock on wood) just think about it if your not sure though.

Thanks! Yea, I will think about it more but I'm pretty sure I'm going to go for it. I can't wait for clear skin!

Accutane is the answer. One word... Patience... That's what I learned in my course of accutane.

By the way, the Kozi Cosplay pictures are HOTTT :wub::wub::wub:

Oh, I have patience XD. And thanks, I love those Kozi cosplay pictures too.

Is Kozi a vampire? I saw their website...

Kind of XD Well, Kozi played a vampire in the movie, "Bara no Konrei". In Bara no Konrei, Kozi's old band Malice Mizer played the main parts in the movie.(Malice Mizer is a Japanese band known for their elaborate costumes) Anyways...MM disbanded in 2001 and Kozi has gone off on his own solo projects. The costume I was wearing in Photobucket is a costume he wore for one of his singles, "Khaos/Kinema". And that's probably more information than you needed to know, haha.

No. Jesus is the answer.

Haha, thanks. Well if Jesus is the answer, he did a pretty crappy job on my skin. Thanks big guy up there! :D