Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Not to discourage you, but abstaining from milk had virtually zero impact on my acne...and I haven't had milk for 6 months.

But this gluten-free diet seems to be helping much more.

Abstaining from milk had no impact on my ance either...so I thought. Then again, I didn't avoid milk entirely....I was still consuming it in the form of butter, cheese, ice cream etc...not to mention milk in other foods I wasn't aware of.

After I went gluten free, I did finally see a connection with dairy for me. It just took my skin getting 95% (now 99%) clear to see it. Plus whenever I consume dairy products, knowingly and unknowingly, my throat gets congested within a minute or two. This helps me know what foods at resturants not to order again. ;)

hey... as a teenager i drank like 15 glasses of whole milk a day for protien... as i hit 20 i started using skim milk... and i started breaking out for the last year... i check the internet and see all these listings on how milk causes acne and that its not healthy for u at all.... has anybody dealt with this milk and acne problem and today is day 1 of my life without dairy to see if i can finally get clear. any feedback appreciated.

tha search.

No i havent found milk to have any impact on acne whatsover. I tried no dairy before, made no difference. Full fat milk is better for you anyway than that more tampered with skimmed rubbish. Protein in milk is good for you. Try minimizing carbs and salty foods would be my tip but generally I do not believe in the acne + food connection, and its a dangerous thing in my opinion to get caught up in.

I always get pharyngitis, headaches and earaches when I drink milk. I think I maybe allergic.

I just love the taste of milk and soy milk taste like crap even when they put tons of sugar in it. :(

Wow, you need to get off dairy immediately. Sounds like you definitely have a problem with it.

Have you tried rice milk? It takes a few days to get used to but I actually prefer it in my cereal (well, back when I ate cereal...) to regular milk now. Rice Dream Vanilla is a good brand. Oat milk (homemade with 1cup oats and 4 cups water in a blender, a few drops sweetener [stevia] to taste and vanilla if you want, it's optional) is also good, it has a creamier taste then the other milk alternatives,

Wow, you need to get off dairy immediately. Sounds like you definitely have a problem with it.

Have you tried rice milk? It takes a few days to get used to but I actually prefer it in my cereal (well, back when I ate cereal...) to regular milk now. Rice Dream Vanilla is a good brand. Oat milk (homemade with 1cup oats and 4 cups water in a blender, a few drops sweetener [stevia] to taste and vanilla if you want, it's optional) is also good, it has a creamier taste then the other milk alternatives,

Don't worry, it's been three months since i last drunk a glass of milk.

I've been thinking of drinking rice milk or oat milk instead, but I've noticed that both of them are low in protein.

I've been told that goat milk is suited for people with lactose and casein allergies, maybe I should give it a try.

I'm taking whey protein and I'm wondering if that's considered dairy even though it's a very basic form of whey? I have decided to cut all of my dairy since I eat SO much, to see if it has an effect on my skin. Anyone know anything about whey protein?

I'm taking whey protein and I'm wondering if that's considered dairy even though it's a very basic form of whey? I have decided to cut all of my dairy since I eat SO much, to see if it has an effect on my skin. Anyone know anything about whey protein?

All i know is i take whey protein aswell for bulkin up... but yeh... have no idea

i also take a product called "HMB" from "musashi" and im wondering if that could effect my acne... :think:

Oh and milk doesnt seem to break me out... not that i have noticed anyway... and i drink full fat milk and the light milk...

AlKaMiMe :D

PLEASE PLEASE Stop taking Whey protein I had the worst breakouts of my life while working out with weights and taking protein.. I had severe cysts and this never happened to me before

this is no bullshit I would suggest stopping the lifting weights and taking protein every time I lift weights my acne is soooo much and then I stop its totally gone

Instead I would suggest doing cardio like running, basketball, soccer etc this seems to help me a lot rite now i got ZERO acne

PLEASE PLEASE Stop taking Whey protein I had the worst breakouts of my life while working out with weights and taking protein.. I had severe cysts and this never happened to me before

this is no bullshit I would suggest stopping the lifting weights and taking protein every time I lift weights my acne is soooo much and then I stop its totally gone

Instead I would suggest doing cardio like running, basketball, soccer etc this seems to help me a lot rite now i got ZERO acne

Everyone is different, though. Protein shakes and lifting weights have no effect on my skin. Just because it broke YOU out doesn't mean that it will break someone else out.

For example, fish has broken me out horribly in the past (cysts) but that doens't mean everyone should avoid fish.

Everyone is different, though. Protein shakes and lifting weights have no effect on my skin. Just because it broke YOU out doesn't mean that it will break someone else out.

For example, fish has broken me out horribly in the past (cysts) but that doens't mean everyone should avoid fish.

so are u clear 100% rite now?

Like a consistent 99%. I just have redmarks from past breakouts and clogged pores because of my naturally dry skin. I'm using mandelic acid so I get a micro-zit once in a while when a comedone decides to push its way to the surface.

Milk has been known to aggravate your acne. For more information read this life changing blog on the truth behind acne