Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey... as a teenager i drank like 15 glasses of whole milk a day for protien... as i hit 20 i started using skim milk... and i started breaking out for the last year... i check the internet and see all these listings on how milk causes acne and that its not healthy for u at all.... has anybody dealt with this milk and acne problem and today is day 1 of my life without dairy to see if i can finally get clear. any feedback appreciated.

tha search.

It could have been the change to skim milk. The fat in milk can be very important is the absorption process.

Since you changed. for you, it was probably the lack of fat that caused the poor reaction.

It could have been the change to skim milk. The fat in milk can be very important is the absorption process.

Since you changed. for you, it was probably the lack of fat that caused the poor reaction.

1, lack of fat does not cause acne FFS

2, how do you know he is eating less fat now anyway?

Full fat milk has more fat than skim milk (which has no fat).

He started breaking out at the exact time he started drinking skim milk at the age of age 20. His acne got worse and stayed worse since he started drinking skim milk.

I never said lack of total dietary fat, but the fat in milk. Fat can help regulate the rate at which someone absorbs the sugar in milk and there are other factors involved. Many people have said that skim milk or lowfat/fat free dairy products cause negative effects on their skin whereas full fat haven't.

Learn to read. Your comprehension skills are severely lacking.

I haven't had a glass of milk in 5 years and yes, I did notice a SIGNIFICANT reduction in my acne once I did so. I used to think it was the growth hormones they inject into the cows that was the cause, but I recently tried organic milk just to test my theory and I still broke out so I don't know what the heck is in it that causes my face to break out.

100% true. I've stayed away from milk for about 8 years now.

Every once and a while, I'll give in and have some milk. It takes 2-3 days before the acne comes to the surface, but without fail I get a bad breakout. A bowl of cerial isn't too bad, but if I drink a full glass...watch out.

i dont drink milk nemore as i found a corrolation

Ow you're gonna be a stooped over old man if you don't drink milk hehe. Nah jk i hope you're getting your calcium from other sources but. You should drink soy milk...i haven't drunk regular cows milk for more than 6 months because it strains the digestive system, also its good for chicks due to the phytoestrogens and such. Not that that would help u much hehe :)

So obviously for us "milk was a baaaaaad choice" (hehe anchorman)

just because you don't drink milk does NOT mean osteoperosis. I found a correlation too and lucky for me i'm also lactose intolerant so i really don't care as i don't drink it i DO eat cheese tho which gives me the calcium without the same effects, i think because its fermented.

just because you don't drink milk does NOT mean osteoperosis. I found a correlation too and lucky for me i'm also lactose intolerant so i really don't care as i don't drink it i DO eat cheese tho which gives me the calcium without the same effects, i think because its fermented.

Note i did actually say that i hope Dami4n is getting his calcium from other sources...there's tonnes of other sources to get calcium from, many of them being un-dairy related and i'm well aware not drinking milk doesn't mean osteoporosis.

I.e. tofu, beans, salmon (with bones), nuts (almonds, sesame seeds, brazil nuts), tahini spread, veggies such as turnips/bok choy/kale/broccoli and amaranth grains.

So...stupid question. I have a high cholesterol so I've been cutting back on food high with it. When it comes to eating food high in fat I shy away because I don't like meat, thinking it was helping I was drinking a glass of skim milk with my Accutane pill. I guess and hope this isn't so? :(

ohhh i don't believe it, lol.

its just stupid to link milk and acne.

some peeps are lactose intolerant or dairy intolerant, but acne isn't normally associated with it,

although it may irritate acne skin??

Full fat milk has more fat than skim milk (which has no fat).

He started breaking out at the exact time he started drinking skim milk at the age of age 20. His acne got worse and stayed worse since he started drinking skim milk.

I never said lack of total dietary fat, but the fat in milk. Fat can help regulate the rate at which someone absorbs the sugar in milk and there are other factors involved. Many people have said that skim milk or lowfat/fat free dairy products cause negative effects on their skin whereas full fat haven't.

Learn to read. Your comprehension skills are severely lacking.

Furthermore, in a recent cohort study they found that Skim Milk possibly due to having more protein than the other milks, was linked to a greater increase in severe acne.

"Dr. Fisher noted that dairy products often contain large amounts of butterfat and milk sugar, both of which, he believed, aggravate acne"

Ok! Black coffee and porridge without milk... umm oh no, not the porridge...

I drink 1 litre skim milk everyday for the past few years and didnt get acne for a very long time i only get white heads when i have fried/oily food and those go away within a day.I doubt milk effects everyone but if someone feels it is diff best to stay away.

i dunno if a change in dairy will influence someone's acne either way :think: ...but i do know that when i cut back on drinking milk...and even my morning coffee, which i put a bunch of milk in...my acne has done SO much better. i LOVE cheese, so i still eat it, just a little less. i don't eat yogurt or ice cream too much either. i rarely eat chocolate now. my skin change may be a result of some other change (drinking more water, washing my face with purified water, "growing out" of it), but it seems like a good experiment to try nonetheless. from what i've read on here and elsewhere, seems like it can really help a good amount of acne sufferers...

i never found a correlation, but the more and more i read about milk just disgusted me too much to actually drink it regularly.

I actually thought it was because of the hormones the cows are injected with that gets into the milk and then messes up what we have going on when we drink it.

I actually thought it was because of the hormones the cows are injected with that gets into the milk and then messes up what we have going on when we drink it.

Milk from cows given BGH (bovine growth hormone) is definitely not good, but I live in Canada where BGH is illegal and regular cow's milk and cheese still break me out.

this is my 4th day with very litle dairy (cheese and butter only) and i am almost completely clear, my skin hasnt looked this good since 8th grade

Not to discourage you, but abstaining from milk had virtually zero impact on my acne...and I haven't had milk for 6 months.

But this gluten-free diet seems to be helping much more.

I always get pharyngitis, headaches and earaches when I drink milk. I think I maybe allergic.

I just love the taste of milk and soy milk taste like crap even when they put tons of sugar in it. :(