Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MaryTheres

Emu Oil

Okay, I got the emu oil and I am going to try it... the vinegar is a bit irritating to my skin so I thought adding this to my regime may help...

So do y'all promise it won't break me out??? 8-[

I am scared to try it but dying to try it b/c many posters have raved about it...

Anyone have any insughts or experiences to share to make me feel at ease. :-k

i've used it before and it was fine, but i can no longer use it knowing that it's basically chicken fat...sorry to insult anyone.

That was hilarious, TG!!! And I use the stuff (as everyone knows)!!! heheheeeee aaahhhhh hahahhahaaaaaaa :D:D:)

MT...not sure what we can say that hasn't already been said... :-k

AcneMiracle uses it as a base for all of their topicals. It's a good DHT blocker (one of the root causes of acne is dht converstion in the follicles and pores). It's anti-inflammatory (acne is an inflammatory skin disease). Not sure what else to tell you; I've testified on this board about a serious head injury I had where I had a lump on my head the size of an egg (literally, I'm talking here) and I kept ice on it for 45 minutes but the swelling didn't go down at all until I applied emu oil; went down instantly.

Yeah, I really didn't mean to be insulting, I meant to be funny...But seriously, the idea does bother me...especially if it smells funky...the one I used didn't smell from what I recall, but now I'm afraid I'll gag if I use it. I didn't realize it was a DHT blocker either...Sounds good.

Thanks alot TG and Denise! Denise I didn't know the info that you posted so that was good - makes me feel very confident about using it. The fact that it is chicken fat doesn't bother me at all... At this point with all of the stuff I am willing to do and try to help my skin, chicken fat is nothing. As long as it's good for my skin, I don't care. I mean, I think it was on this board or maybe it was another one I read that people were putting urine on thier faces to combat acne now that freaked me out!!! But after hearing that nothing much shocks me. Thanks again! I can't wait to go home and try it!

There is no smell to the skin biology one - I love it - it has been the best moisteriser ever and my face just glows! Also, it is a great healer and has never broken me out.

Emu oil is great but I still have a problem with the smell. I've never thought I was the "scent-sensitive" type but I am having a hard time getting used to the emu oil smell (I have the SkinBiology one). What makes it a little better is, I dab a few drops of The Body Shop's perfume oil (the dewberry one, one of my favorites) under my nose so I smell the dewberry and not the emu oil, then I try to fall asleep as quickly as I can before the dewberry smell flies away. It is pretty idiotic but it's the only way I can apply the emu oil. Oh, the things I do for my skin... :D