Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
igotmyphilosophy

Sunscreen Question!

Hello Everyone (and hopefully particularly Lab Girl),

I am using DHC White Sunscreen SPF25. However it is impossible to spread on dry, flaky skin and it goes on a little pasty. So, I've been putting on 3 drops of jojoba oil, waiting 10 minutes and then applying the sunscreen. My question is does this reduce the efficiency of the sunscreen? Can I possibly mix the jojoba oil with the sunscreen and apply it together in one go? The DHC already has olive oil in it, which does nothing but make the stuff smell funny.

Another question is if I apply sunscreen in the morning before I go to work, do I need to reapply in the evening? It sounds like the potency will have worn off, which sucks because I hate putting on sunscreen.

Anyways, thanks in advance for your help!

igmp

im not sure about the mixing with jojoba oil.. but i do know that sun screen does wear off - with sweat and everything.. so it does need to be reapplied to be effective..

do you really need to apply it in the evening if its going to be.. well evening.. and no sun? lol or do you mean like afternoon?

oh, c'mon guys. this is an interesting question! :D

and dolcedolce, thank you for your response. yes, i meant afternoon, not evening. i get those mixed up all the time.

By mixing oil with your sunscreen, you may degrade its protection factor and effectiveness.

-----

Also, reapplying in the afternoons is the way to go. :D

By mixing oil with your sunscreen, you may degrade its protection factor and effectiveness.

Yup. Don't do it. Put the jojoba oil on, let it sink in for 10-15 minutes, then put sunscreen on. Never the other way around...and never mixing...

thank you both for your replies. i'm thinking of washing at night, putting on the sweet sweet jojo, sleeping, and then in the morning not washing my face and putting on the sunscreen b/c daaaamn, that DHC is drying. how does that sound? i think it sounds fabulous.

thanks again!