Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tooshort

Weight gaining/lifting supplements?

I would say no matter what it will probably make your acne worse, even if its just a little... The "dirty" protein in whey protein is the "dirtiest protein you can find". This will most definately add water to your face, I don't the term for this, which will then block off your sebum canals, thus creating acne... Try Jay Robbs Egg white protein... This will also work much better.. add a teaspoon of dextrose or two to help with the taste... Always mix with water.... never even drink milk

Thanks man, I cant get the Jay Robbs Egg white protein at GNC can I? I live in the US, where else can I be able to find it?

Never buy from GNC. They will rip you off big time.

Oh really, well then where can I buy the Jay Robbins Egg Protein stuff? And I always thought Whey Protein was good........what do you mean by "dirty" protein?!

Thanks guys

In general, most stores charge way too much. If you are able to order online, shop around. Personally, I like vitacost.com. Great selection and cheap prices. Just google what you want and see what pops up.

Oh really, well then where can I buy the Jay Robbins Egg Protein stuff? And I always thought Whey Protein was good........what do you mean by "dirty" protein?!

Thanks guys

Go on yahoo local and type in Health Food Store with your zip code ....... 2 out of the 3 health food stores near me carry it.. You can also find it online.. "dirty protein" is when protein is cooked, heated, or even frozen.. This changes its molecular structure, just like when you add heat to anything... Thus creating a boat load of toxins. These will then cause your sebum canals to be pinched off thus creating acne...

Now chicken, red meat, fish, etc. contain dirty protein.. Now think about how many processes they go through extracting the protein from milk and soy before you buy it... GNC protein for instance, is derived from milk and soy.. Soy contains phyto-estrogens ... Yes estrogen, as in female steroid sex hormones, but why are male body builders drinking this??? It costs less to make... Not even to mention how incredibly bad milk is for you in general, and for you skin, not just acne too, it thickens the epidermis........ So get the egg white protein if you can.. Also I have seen a liquid egg white protein on various websites. I don't know if your suppose to cook it or not???? If you can drink it raw, it looks alot cleaner than the powder I think? ? GOOD LUCK

Go on yahoo local and type in Health Food Store with your zip code ....... 2 out of the 3 health food stores near me carry it.. You can also find it online.. "dirty protein" is when protein is cooked, heated, or even frozen.. This changes its molecular structure, just like when you add heat to anything... Thus creating a boat load of toxins. These will then cause your sebum canals to be pinched off thus creating acne...

Now chicken, red meat, fish, etc. contain dirty protein.. Now think about how many processes they go through extracting the protein from milk and soy before you buy it... GNC protein for instance, is derived from milk and soy.. Soy contains phyto-estrogens ... Yes estrogen, as in female steroid sex hormones, but why are male body builders drinking this??? It costs less to make... Not even to mention how incredibly bad milk is for you in general, and for you skin, not just acne too, it thickens the epidermis........ So get the egg white protein if you can.. Also I have seen a liquid egg white protein on various websites. I don't know if your suppose to cook it or not???? If you can drink it raw, it looks alot cleaner than the powder I think? ? GOOD LUCK

Day 4!!! I have been on edge though, not really wanting to be bothered. My face and back only has about 1-2 active blemishes right now, as opposed to the usual 6-7. How long before you noticed results from this diet?

I start taking 1 whole egg today. Let me get this straight, as long as Im eating "clean" protein, then I can eat as much as I want? As far as trying to gain mass and working out, protein is a key factor.

You said that you now eat 6 eggs a day, is that your entire protein intake daily? Or do you take that Egg white protein shake as well when you lift weights?

i've noticed any testosteron based supplements... cause acne...NO2...causes acne... even certain protiens cause acne...take natural supplements.

my opinion,lates.

i've noticed any testosteron based supplements... cause acne...NO2...causes acne... even certain protiens cause acne...take natural supplements.

my opinion,lates.

What natural supplements are good for helping me gain weight?

Thanks a ton

sorry guys i didnt know there were responses...

Too short.... you will go through withdrawals from wheat and milk and cooked foods, this will pass in about a week or so...

You will notice unbelievable results right away... the second day you may get a few new tiny pimples, then everything starts clearing up and you won't get many new pimples..

As far as protein goes,, I eat 6 egg yolks, Im thinking of upping it to 8 on days I don't eat sushi... roughly every other day I eat a couple servings of sushi with the 6 eggs.....

Too much protein can cause a breakout, but as long as your working out with it your muscles will use the extra protein.... Just make sure you are not physically active for 1.5 hours after you eat the eggs and the sushi too I think... so you can properly digest.... I eat 2 eggs at a time, you could probably eat 3, I don't see why not, just always gradually increase your amounts, so your body can adapt to the increase in protein and the increase in bacteria...

I hope your still goin.... more importantly i hope your happy with the results

my opinion,lates.

What natural supplements are good for helping me gain weight?

Thanks a ton

Sweeet, thanks man. Does anyone know where I can buy Jay Robbs Egg White protein. The only store I know which sells protein is GNC, but they dont sell Jay Robbs. I want to buy it at a store, not online? Anyone know?

Thanks

you might find a better price online, but most health food stores carry it.. Maybe Vitamin world would have it too. We have a nutrition store in the building behind our gym thats like a health food store for body builders.... find one of these

hey tooshort.. I'm deleting my account.. I can't take the people on here searching for acure, and then when you tell them what it is they want to tell you why it won't work... I'll check this post though incase you have any questions... Good luck bro...

hey tooshort.. I'm deleting my account.. I can't take the people on here searching for acure, and then when you tell them what it is they want to tell you why it won't work... I'll check this post though incase you have any questions... Good luck bro...

LOL

i dont know if its just me, but i've been taking whey protien for years and there has not been an increase in my acne. if anything working out decreases acne. I have never messed with no2 creatine or anything, just protien. cheap and natural

i dont know why you think whey causes you to break out, it is the most common kind of protien that body builders use. i use it and i have been fine on it.

dont wanna sound like an ass hole but who ever said you will def break out on it is wrong. straight up. im at the gym everyday taking whey protein everyday and my acne did not get worse when i started, or get better if i stop for a week or two.

that would mean you have hormonal acne. That really sucks for you. sorry. never gonna go away

And you base this on what, exactly?

Well I have hormonal acne, im 17 yrs old. I really wanna gain weight by the end of the summer. I hear Jay Robbs Egg WHite Protein is great, and its not the "dirty" kind. I want to use a protein that will NOT break me out, but then I hear Whey has dirty protein, but then I hear it doesnt break you out. I can easily purchase Whey, but I cannot find Jay Robbs, unless I have to order it online.

Maybe for some, Whey breaks you out, and others it doesnt.

What do you guys think? Avienta you seem to know your stuff, what do you reccomend?

Thanks guys

Try it and see for yourself. The whole "dirty" protein argument is not backed up very well or scientifically so I wouldn't worry about "dirty" protein. You won't know if you don't try it and, honestly, I think the chance that it will cause negative effects is low, but that's just my gut feeling.

Whey is much cheaper than Egg protein powders, so maybe buy a 2 LB. size, something small, and try it out for a few weeks and monitor your skin. Manufacturer's are now coming out with naturally sweetened protein formulations that are basically sugar free. I know Optimum Nutrition has one called "Natural Whey" or something to that extent that uses stevia, so it has no sugar or artificial sweetener's (actually it has like 1 gram of sugar so no big deal).

JJRed4, protein alone won't help you gain weight. You need to up your calorie intake. Cheapest way to up your calorie intake is to eat "steel-cut oats".

Egg protein powders are going to bankrupt your ass!

You said whey broke you out right? what brand?

I recommend Optimum, they have egg, soy, and whey protein. I've been drinking optimum gold standard whey for a year now and it hasn't broke me out yet. I actually think it's helping if anything, after all your skin is made up of protein.

sample home made weight gainer.

1 cup steel-cut oats = 600 calories

1 scoop of whey = 120 calories

weight gainer = 720 calories

i second el guapo.

whey shouldnt break you out. in fact there have been numerous studies and diet has not been proven to affect acne in any way. however i do hear some people swear it does... so i guess it can depend on the person.

also his point on gaining weight is 100% correct.

penut butter, banana, oatmeal, yogurt, and some milk in a blender tastes pretty good, is cheap, and should give you what your looking for.

I am in the process of working up my workout routine. I would like to add Creatine and protein shakes to my diet. To all that workout and use these, have they made your acne condition worse at all? You are required to drink atleast 8 glasses of water when taking Creatine so that it doesnt sit on your liver.

use tom manno products, all 100% natural you can order them online or depending on where you live you can buy them at certain organic grocery stores. they are the best out there and mose natural.

i second el guapo.

whey shouldnt break you out. in fact there have been numerous studies and diet has not been proven to affect acne in any way. however i do hear some people swear it does... so i guess it can depend on the person.

penut butter, banana, oatmeal, yogurt, and some milk in a blender tastes pretty good, is cheap, and should give you what your looking for.

Sweet, thanks alot guys. So your saying oatmeal is a good basic snack/meal for protein or to help gain weight, along with all the other snacks you listed? I just started using Whey, what else do you guys reccomend I eat besides just Whey protein? Any simple snacks which are high in protein/calories? Any other tips you reccomend for me to help gain weight. I'm 6'2 abot 155ish I want to gain 15 pounds.

Thanks a ton for the help.

i second el guapo.

Actually, there have been numerous studies showing that there is a definite link between diet and acne for some people.

the key is eat as much as possible. by your height and weight it sounds like you have a really fast metabolism, at least that is the case with me.

I have about 6 small meals a day. the key is eat as much HEALTHY food as you can. for us skinny guys anytime your stomache is growling thats bad because your body is gonna stop building muscle to fuel your body, or worst case break down your muscle for food. so throw some food in your system as often as possible.

this obviously is only good if you also work out

as for what types of food. meat, fish, yogurt cheese are all good sources of protein. i usually keep deli meat around and make a sandwich when i get hungry. eggs are also a great source of protein. I use egg beaters because i eat so many i dont want all the cholestoral.

good luck, and just remember hit the gym as often as possible