Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tooshort

Weight gaining/lifting supplements?

I am in the process of working up my workout routine. I would like to add Creatine and protein shakes to my diet. To all that workout and use these, have they made your acne condition worse at all? You are required to drink atleast 8 glasses of water when taking Creatine so that it doesnt sit on your liver.

Creatine has definately made acne worse for alot of people. For some people it doesn't effect their acne at all.... You'll just have to find out.. One thing you should definately do is to use a very high quality creatine... Don't just take GNC brand.. Don't take GNC brand anything in fact.. that stuff is all useless... Also be advised the WHEY PROTEIN is the worst thing you can do for your skin..... Instead use Jay Robbs Egg White Protein... If you have to..... its expensive though.. If you can't find it or afford it there are All Natural Whey Proteins which will work much better for you.. not only for your skin but also in the protein delivery... Try taking Papaya enzymes as well as these increase protein absorption.... Glutamine is awesome to take as well, but many break out from it.. I wish I could use it...

This is the best advice you will ever get for gaining weight with weights..

You have to lift with ALOT of weight and when you think you can't do another rep,, do three more.. You have to kill yourself, you should be grunting on the last couple reps.. This will make the muscles grow, and quickly.... If you do a predetermined amount of reps of a small weight your muscles will not grow, you have to push the muscles past what they can do to tell them to get bigger and stronger. ALOT of weight is just what is alot for you.. You should not do more than 8 reps to avoid burning too much energy... Also make sure you add weight to each exercise every time you work out... Also add weight after each set.... do 3-4 sets each exercise....

For putting on muscle mass the best thing to do is to take a days rest in between workouts...

Chest/Back rest 1 day Legs rest 1 day Shoulders rest 1 day Biceps/Triceps/Abs

Check out MASSCYCLE.com for the best exercises to do... but do not take their supplements, they'll make you break out...

Hey man, i have taken creatine at two points throughout my life, once 2 years ago and once about 3 months ago. My acne is pretty mild but was worse 2 years ago than it is now and seriously i saw NO difference in my acne condition. I took it for about 2 months straight every single day and saw no changes in my skin. If anything it made me more confident because of the fact i was getting bigger. Dont let acne stop you from taking creatine or protein

p.s. my identical twin brother takes protein and is a pretty big dude and i have not noticed him getting any more breakouts.

Thanks for the replies! What about NO2? It is pretty expensive($70 bucks for like a month supply) but I only planned on taking it for about a month to give me faster results size wise. It creates a perpetual pump all through out the day, the same pump you feel right after you get finished lifting. I used it about 3 years ago, but cant remember if it effected my skin.

stick with protein mate, creatine i was on for 6 months with cycling.. and i didnt bother with the loading phase... i did find a moderate increase to my acne even though i was on accutane. The reason i stopped also was because the radio did a full thing on creatine saying it caused chrones disease ... so i stopped pretty quick and never been on since. Whether its true or not i duno... but i just stick to protein now. I find creatines a bit of a waste though.. as soon as u come off it u deflate.

Chest/Back rest 1 day Legs rest 1 day Shoulders rest 1 day Biceps/Triceps/Abs

Check out MASSCYCLE.com for the best exercises to do... but do not take their supplements, they'll make you break out...

I knew that sounded familiar LOL I have the complete MASS cycle in my cabinet right now. I stopped taking it.... TOO MANY DAMM PILLS!! LOL I'll tell you what though, the mass gaining diet they have in that book kicks a$$!! The example they used was perfect for me (170 lbs wanting to weigh 200). They wanted me to eat like 10 times a day though, shyt gets expensive. I'll just eat maybe 4-5 times a day and pund down some protein shakes to supplement the rest. Im on my way to kill myself in the gym. Peace

stick with protein mate, creatine i was on for 6 months with cycling.. and i didnt bother with the loading phase... i did find a moderate increase to my acne even though i was on accutane. The reason i stopped also was because the radio did a full thing on creatine saying it caused chrones disease ... so i stopped pretty quick and never been on since. Whether its true or not i duno... but i just stick to protein now. I find creatines a bit of a waste though.. as soon as u come off it u deflate.

Chrones disease?? Dont know what the hell that is, but it sounds serious enough, so I might have to re-think adding creatine. What about Amino Acid after working out? Bad for the skin?

My ex was diagnosed with Crohn's disease. Basically its when your stomach doesnt produce a certain enzyme that digests food and you constantyl have stomach pains. The doctor gives you pills to take and after the initial taking of the pills im pretty sure it fixes the disease. The only side effect of the pill that i know of is it makes your cheeks swell up really bad like a little chipmunk when you first take them.

We were kind of in the middle of our break up when it all happened so im not exactly sure if she still takes the pills or not as i havent talked to her in over a year. Anyways, its not life threatening or anything and can easily be treated if you catch it soon enough (basically everyone does since it causes horrible stomach pains). So yeah thats what Crohn's disease is

well, I have crohn's disease, which is a chronic condition that never actually goes away. There can be symptom free periods, but you are never cured. It is inflammation that can occur anywhere on the digestive tract, from the mouth to the anus.

One thing often associated with crohn's is accutane (refered to as regional ileitis or IBD in the accutane literature). I think Accutane may have triggered my crohn's (You need to be genetically susceptible in the first place.) Then it became better until I TOOK CREATINE.

I have never made this relation between creatine and crohns before and I wonder if it is true. I became symptomatic again after about 5 days on creatine and i was sick for a long long time with abdominal pain. geez, I really never made the relation, and was even planning on restarting it. Not any more. wow. geez im gald i read this

I'm not a doctor by any means, but i can totally understand how creatine can trigger the symptoms of Crohn's if you have the disease. Crohn's is all about your digestive tract not producing certain enzymes that it is supposed to, which in turn digest the food you eat. Creatine is tough on your digestive system so i can definetely see why you felt the symptoms of Crohn's after taking creatine.

Personally however, i believe that creatine is fine as i have taken it at 2 different times in the past 3 years and never saw any negative side effects, only benefits. I would recommend taking creatine to the original starter of this thread, however, if you have Crohn's stay the F away from creatine or anything that is going to be hard on your digestive tract.

p.s. i never saw any correlation whatsoever with creatine and acne breakouts

yeah thats how u spell it... Crohn's lol. :/

Yeah i think it has a big corrolation to certain types of creatine... I think they said if u can smell or taste creatine in your drink dont take it! Its a substance that should be oderless (obviously dont sniff the barrel it comes in lol because u will smell it) but in the water u take it. I think they linked it to certain forms i think the monohydrate one was fine ... i was on NANO creatine and i think that definantly was fine, but for safety purposes i would say .. just stick with protein and the right diet and u should be sweet.

I'll tell u a quick story. My Neighbour was on creatine for a year straight .. he didnt read the label and was taking a loading phase dose for a year... he was vomiting, constant pains etc. He was fing ripped as, i thought he was on roids because he grew soo quickly ... imagine a stick (sorta musular) to boof huge and strong cut as. Then he was getting soo sick he read the package and was like 'shit' stopped cold turkey bam u shoulda seen his deflation ... he like musta lost about 10kg of muscle in like 2 months.

He's probably screwed his kidney's and liver for life... wont surprise me if he dies at a young age due to fibrosis or cancer or something.

RDI for creatine 5mg... he was on 30 or 40mg a day. hah.

well, I have crohn's disease, which is a chronic condition that never actually goes away. There can be symptom free periods, but you are never cured. It is inflammation that can occur anywhere on the digestive tract, from the mouth to the anus.

One thing often associated with crohn's is accutane (refered to as regional ileitis or IBD in the accutane literature). I think Accutane may have triggered my crohn's (You need to be genetically susceptible in the first place.) Then it became better until I TOOK CREATINE.

I have never made this relation between creatine and crohns before and I wonder if it is true. I became symptomatic again after about 5 days on creatine and i was sick for a long long time with abdominal pain. geez, I really never made the relation, and was even planning on restarting it. Not any more. wow. geez im gald i read this

Seriously bro, try this diet and I bet it will stop your crohns and if you stay on the diet for a while I bet you can go back to other foods and you'll be fine... . the diet is here www.waisdiet.com or www.freeacnebook.com .. Its for a handful of problems, including IBD.. She didnt say it helps Chrohns Disease but it is excellent for digestion so i'm guessing it would help you tremendously...

Heres what this diet did for me...

Cured my acne 90% and it was BAD and nothing else worked

I had intense stomache pains for a year, never went to a doctor because I didn't have insurance and didn't want to go until I got insurance incase it was bad, I'd be screwed.........Completely cured

Cured my acid reflux completely

I had alot of anger, frustration, and aggression..... GONE

I had very bad ADD to the point that I couldn't comprehend what I would read........... GONE

I had problems sleeping, and would be up until 6AM ..................... GONE

I was very lazy............. NOT ANYMORE TONS OF ENERGY

I would wheeze, I guess I had asthma, never diagnosed........... GONE

Constipation....................... GONE

I was a sex addict..... NO MORE NASTY CHICKS FOR ME

I lost almost all of the fat on my body, and ALL the water weight and although I lost some weight I am incredibly...........................RIPPED with a 6 pack

I have serious back and neck problems, out of alignment, so obvious it couldn't help that, but the muscle pain has been decreased

I think thats it, but thats alot from a diet...

The basic principal of the diet is to live as nature intended.. NO COOKED FOOD... I eat fruit, salad, raw egg yolks and sushi... try it www.waisays.com or www.freeacnebook.com

Creatine is natural and safe, If it breaks you out then you should also stop eating meat.

Whey protein shouldn't break you out, Your skin is made of protein.

Seriously bro, try this diet and I bet it will stop your crohns and if you stay on the diet for a while I bet you can go back to other foods and you'll be fine... . the diet is here www.waisdiet.com or www.freeacnebook.com .. Its for a handful of problems, including IBD.. She didnt say it helps Chrohns Disease but it is excellent for digestion so i'm guessing it would help you tremendously...

Heres what this diet did for me...

Cured my acne 90% and it was BAD and nothing else worked

I had intense stomache pains for a year, never went to a doctor because I didn't have insurance and didn't want to go until I got insurance incase it was bad, I'd be screwed.........Completely cured

Cured my acid reflux completely

I had alot of anger, frustration, and aggression..... GONE

I had very bad ADD to the point that I couldn't comprehend what I would read........... GONE

I had problems sleeping, and would be up until 6AM ..................... GONE

I was very lazy............. NOT ANYMORE TONS OF ENERGY

I would wheeze, I guess I had asthma, never diagnosed........... GONE

Constipation....................... GONE

I was a sex addict..... NO MORE NASTY CHICKS FOR ME

I lost almost all of the fat on my body, and ALL the water weight and although I lost some weight I am incredibly...........................RIPPED with a 6 pack

I have serious back and neck problems, out of alignment, so obvious it couldn't help that, but the muscle pain has been decreased

I think thats it, but thats alot from a diet...

The basic principal of the diet is to live as nature intended.. NO COOKED FOOD... I eat fruit, salad, raw egg yolks and sushi... try it www.waisays.com or www.freeacnebook.com

Hey whats up. Yeah I read this before. The only problem is, how would I be able to gain mass if my diet only consists of fruits, veggies and sushi? Carbs, Protein and Calories play a major part in building mass. If you work out, you mind posting a typical days diet for you?

its true lol you do deflate...but it does give you a nice boost when lifiting..if you want to get big fast give it a tr b/c you do get bigger(if you drink a gallon of water and take it right) but if it causes acne then stop using it. i dont think it will, protein would be the thing that would break you out because excess protein comes out of your pores n shit so eating high calorie diets and basically the things you need to gain weight will be bad for your face lol i did my own little weight gaining for 2 months and i basically ate constantly all day high calorie foods and took l-glutamine (however you spell it) and creatine daily eccept on my off days and worked out 5 days week.by the end of the two months i had gained 20 pounds but my face was completely covered in clogged pores....cant tell you if it was the creatine, l- glu., or jus the hig calorie diet.if you are a skinny basterd like me (6'1 150 pounds) then dont even worry about gainin weight, just work out and get fit.thats what the ladies like ;)

btw i lost ten pounds after i stopped eating that much and takin the supplements...my roundness went away too.i defalted lol

When I was working out I was 98% clear.. I stopped and lost a good 30 pounds which is a lot on my 5'5 frame and started getting acne, now im back to the gym taking Creatine Ethyl Ester, Protein, Flax Lignans and various other supps.. already gained 3 pounds in the last week. If anything these supplements have a positive effect on my skin.

Btw I don't really feel the Creatine but CEE is relatively new and doesnt work for everyone

I started the diet yesterday KnowShow!!

I ate fruit all day, a veggie wrap from Subway, the avacado, cucumber, tomato salad and sushimi for dinner. The raw tuna was actually pretty good. I had to dab a pinpoint size of wasabi on it though.

I didnt use any BP and I didnt moisturize, but did use 3 drops of Jojoba oil. Its now 11:00 am, and feeling fine so far. I'll let you know how this goes.

Also, how much water are you drinking and have you ever gotten sick from the egg yolk?

First of all, have you read all of the sample diet pages, you must do this.. as far as the egg yolks go, as long as you go through the motions of making sure the egg yolk is fresh you cannot get sick.. there are small amounts of bacteria in all raw foods, esp. eggs, so you will want to slowly increase your amounts starting with 1 teaspoon...she recommends 3 days, then 1 egg,, I did every 2 days.. .. I was making some mistakes that were delaying me getting clear, because I didn't read everything.... it seems like you may be too...... Everytime you eat the fruit you have to eat some fat right afterwards to stabilize your blood sugar levels.... fat = avocado, extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar..... It sounds like the wrap you ate would have had bread on it... If you want to try the sample diet 100% for 2 weeks like recommended you shouldn't eat bread... Some people follow this diet and still eat 15 grams of cooked protein and have excellent results, its all about what your liver can handle... The book recommends you be strict on the sample diet for 2 weeks, just to make sure that the diet will work for you and then you may introduce new foods one at a time to see if they make you break out or not.. the only way this diet will not work for you is if you are in the 10% of people who have hormonal acne.. I think I may have some hormonal acne because I still get a good amount of pimmples on the front of my neck, while my face has cleared 90%...

Raw tuna is awesome! It cannot contain parasites too.... Just make sure the tuna was never frozen, like if you get it at whole foods.... because this willl cause dirty protein.... If you can't find tuna that hasn't been frozen, it will still be better than other stuff.......are you eating the raw tuna rolls?? rice??? thats a no no, but it won't be that effective, I've been on the diet for more than a month and sometimes have a little rice with a sushi roll, but what I do is eat 1/4 of the rice on the roll and add sushi from a strip to the bite... For 3 weeks I ate plain raw tuna, yum...

Now make sure you are eating alot of food, I really would feel bad if you came on here saying you look anorexic.... It is recommended to drink 1 amount orange juice mixed with .5 amount olive oil, during the day for energy..... Also you can carry around dried fruits and Brazilian nuts, but only if they in the shell, as unshelled nuts have dirty protein,, if you can find shelled nuts please let me know where.....

Good luck and welcome to this incredibly way of life...... haha that was corny

ooh the water... I don't drink that much water at all, unless I'm thirsty.... I eat a ton of fruit though so I get water throught the fruit.... Just make sure your urine is fairly clear with a hint of yellow...if its clear sometimes that cool too... whats great about this diet too is that I can accomoplish that withouth drinking tons of water like I used to.. I used to wake up a couple times in the middle of the night to piss..... Also this is pretty funny since we're on the subject....... my burps, farts and bowel movements do not smell bad!!! they taste good too.... kidding..... It's because no toxins are entering my body!!!

Good luck......................keep the questions coming if you got any...........oh and also isolated exercises are the best so your not using too much energy when working out... alright I'm done..

sorry I can be confusing sometimes..... I didn't start out with three egg yolks... I did basically what she recommended... 1 teaspoon for 2 days, she said 3, then 1 egg for 2 days, then 2 eggs for 2 days, and so on until I got to 6.... Starting out with 3 egg yolks, wouldn't make you break out, I don't think, but it could make you sick because you are not used to the bacteria. Thats why you should slowly get used to it..... I'm just curious, I know your a male, how old are you?? Is your acne just mild/moderate? If so this is gonna work unbelievably for you.. I had severe acne and I'm 2 male, and I'm just about clear....

Sweet!!!!! Brazilian Nuts,, you the man... I even looked online and couldn't find em.. Now hopefully I'm not allergic... I'm allergic to alot of fruits, vegetables, and nuts.. But its seeming like the more I eat, the less I'm allergic, very strangel.. Keep your eye out for Non roasted, Non-Salted Shelled Sunflower Seeds, they are a great source of protein.... But she also recommends that you increase your protein gradually, but for myself and you too probably, we're consuming way less protein than we used to .

they strongly recommend you eat any sashimi you get the day you got it... I usually have some for lunch the next day though... I don't know how important this is to do?? Bulk tuna would be sweet though, better yet, I want to start a fish farm in my yard, get some hens, grow some fruits and vegetables, and never buy food again.....someday...

sorry I can be confusing sometimes..... I didn't start out with three egg yolks... I did basically what she recommended... 1 teaspoon for 2 days, she said 3, then 1 egg for 2 days, then 2 eggs for 2 days, and so on until I got to 6.... Starting out with 3 egg yolks, wouldn't make you break out, I don't think, but it could make you sick because you are not used to the bacteria. Thats why you should slowly get used to it..... I'm just curious, I know your a male, how old are you?? Is your acne just mild/moderate? If so this is gonna work unbelievably for you.. I had severe acne and I'm 2 male, and I'm just about clear....

Sweet!!!!! Brazilian Nuts,, you the man... I even looked online and couldn't find em.. Now hopefully I'm not allergic... I'm allergic to alot of fruits, vegetables, and nuts.. But its seeming like the more I eat, the less I'm allergic, very strangel.. Keep your eye out for Non roasted, Non-Salted Shelled Sunflower Seeds, they are a great source of protein.... But she also recommends that you increase your protein gradually, but for myself and you too probably, we're consuming way less protein than we used to .

they strongly recommend you eat any sashimi you get the day you got it... I usually have some for lunch the next day though... I don't know how important this is to do?? Bulk tuna would be sweet though, better yet, I want to start a fish farm in my yard, get some hens, grow some fruits and vegetables, and never buy food again.....someday...

Fish farm ehh? Im too frikkin humane to kill my own food. Yet I was trained to kill people in the Marines. Go figure. LOL

Im 26 years old, have had acne since 1995-ish. Compared to back then, my face looks alot better. My main ailment is extremely oily skin, small bumps(color of my skin) behind my neck, occasional white head, and 2-3 small cysts on average. So, Id consider it to be between mild and moderate.

I've had two big salads from subway today, topped with olive oil and vinegar.... plus black pepper. Black Pepper ok? I know it said we have to cut out salt and seasoning.

This is getting expensive, what are some dishes you've made that can be eaten on for atleast 2-3 days?

Hey guys, Im about to take Whey Protein, will this break me out you think? I think the chances of me brekaing out while using it is 50/50.....?

Thanks alot

I would say no matter what it will probably make your acne worse, even if its just a little... The "dirty" protein in whey protein is the "dirtiest protein you can find". This will most definately add water to your face, I don't the term for this, which will then block off your sebum canals, thus creating acne... Try Jay Robbs Egg white protein... This will also work much better.. add a teaspoon of dextrose or two to help with the taste... Always mix with water.... never even drink milk

I would say no matter what it will probably make your acne worse, even if its just a little... The "dirty" protein in whey protein is the "dirtiest protein you can find". This will most definately add water to your face, I don't the term for this, which will then block off your sebum canals, thus creating acne... Try Jay Robbs Egg white protein... This will also work much better.. add a teaspoon of dextrose or two to help with the taste... Always mix with water.... never even drink milk

Thanks man, I cant get the Jay Robbs Egg white protein at GNC can I? I live in the US, where else can I be able to find it?