Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unkn0wnmale

this a good vit c to use?

It doesn't really say what type of Vitamin C is in it... I got one that had L-Ascorbic Acid (one of the easiest to absorb through the skin). It's 12% Stabalized.

www.cellularskinrx.com

It's a little pricey (I think it was $38 or something).. but if that's not a problem, I would highly recommend it man.

well i got it today.. it says only put on at night.. its really shiney looking.. says its 10% vit-c... i got alot of it.. 30ml for $6

I don't know man... I bet it's not L-Ascorbic Acid... So I doubt it will absorb into your skin as well. The fact that it was $6 says something... L-Ascorbic Acid serums are a little more expensive, thats why I don't think it's the good quality stuff.. It's kind of like if you saw someone selling Dvds for $3.00 and they normally are $25 you'd have a good hunch they are pirated and not the real thing.

"12% concentration of stabilized Vitamin C in the form of L-Ascorbic Acid. This is the only form of Vitamin C that is easily absorbed by the skin. Other forms of Vitamin C, such as C-esters and magnesium ascorbates must first be metabolized by the skin before being able to be absorbed."

Sorry bro..

i dunno what mine is but its avon lol.. avon works good doesnt it?

and i have no problem letting it absorb because it says to leave on overnight.. that would work right?

Well, regardless of how long you leave it in... the vitamin C in it might not be absorbing into your skin even though it looks like the product is absorbed. Does that make sense?

Yeah Avon is a good company.. it would be nice to know if they have the L-Ascorbic acid in there... Certain kinds are better to take internally, and certain kinds are obviously better to do topically, l-ascorbic is arguably the best.

I bet its a magnesium ascorbate or something cheap... it's not saying the product doesn't have the product in it.. but it obviously doesn't have the l-ascorbic acid, becuase those are so much more expensive.. im going to go search to see if i can find what kind is in there.