Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Verdizzy

What should I do now?

I've been doing the regimen now for almost 2 months and although I'm not completely clear, I've seen pretty good results especially since I am also taking antibiotics.

Here's my dilemma:

At first when I started using the BP, my skin would of course get somewhat dry and the moisturizer would pretty much do the trick.

However, now that I've been on the regimen for a while, the BP doesn't really make my face dry. Even after waiting 20 minutes after I've applied the BP I don't even see any flakes and my face doesn't feel "stiff".

So now I have 2 questions:

1) Am I applying enough BP? I use about a finger and a half (the extra half is for my neck).

2) Should I still moisturize? I haven't moisturized for the last 2 BP applications and my face hasn't felt dry at all. There is no flakiness and my face feels normal.

Has anyone else had this same experience? Can you offer your suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

You should be happy! You are past the dry irritated stage.

If you are using one full finger for your entire face, then yes, that is the correct amount. It is very likely that your skin is so nice and balanced now because you HAVE been moisturizing as you should. If you stop moisturizing now, you will probably get all dry.

So, I think you should just keep on with what you are doing! And that includes moisturizing as you have been all along!

I wish my skin developed such resistance to BP as yours. I've been struggling against dryness and right now I'm using 2 kinds of moisturizers to keep my skin in good shape.

Definitely, keep doing what you've been doing if you're clearing up and reacting so well to BP :)