Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Apple_Blossem

CURED Acne! - VITAMIN B5 Cure + Full-Body Hormone-Balancing ACUPUNCTURE

I had severe acne for ten years (Starting at puberty). I had greasy skin and my mom thought I had caught a skin disease because every pore on my face produced oil, which caused white heads, blackheads, HUGE infections and swellings. My doctor said I had severe acne. I have tried everything... medications (Made me vomit), Chanel, lancome and clinique recommendations, neutragena, doxycycline, tetracycline, went vegetarian, went vegan, no chocolate, drank a gallon of water a day, no coffee, no soda pop, no makeup, no sugar, washing two times a day, EVERYTHING -- I never found the REAL acne-halting results that I was searching for. Until...

I used VITAMIN b5 ACNE Cure- a vitamin found at the health food store. I found about 300 other people on the internet using it, and they all said it stopped their acne in their tracks. I am soo oily that my hair looks wet every evening...and this vitamin stopped the oil completely on day 3. I could go 5 days without washing my hair (tested this because I couldnt believe how this vitamin worked). I was never overly dry. My skin found its "normal" inbetween pefection. Not one clogged pore. Everything came to a halt. Wow. Ten Grams a day- no side effects, no liver damage, no toxic limit (its been tested for side effects up to 50 grams a day). Its water-soluable, so it never stays in the body and exits with the urine. This vitamin is known under the name of "Pantothetic Acid". Search for it under this name. Its acually sometimes difficult to find, and usually the pharacists start asking you if you have the right vitamine or if a B-vitamin complex will suffice (which it doesnt because you need a large quantity of only this vitamin.)

If I forgot to take this vitamin ONE day, my prores would be slightly clogged the next day. But then my skin would go right back to clear when I kept taking it. According to the doctor who found this cure, acne sufferers have a deficiency in this vitamin. This vitamin is expensive (I found it cheapest on www.froogle.com. After a year of taking this vitamin, I became curious to see if Acupuncture would reduce my oiliness a little (just enough so that IF I forgot to take the vitamin one day, my skin wouldnt clog up the next day).

I did Full-body, Hormone-balancing acupuncture- I didnt really believe it would work, but I had some money and thought I'd give it a shot. I ask for the first three sessions (everything is done in 3's) to be done within the week...so I could see the results. I was surprised to see the day after the 3rd treatment that my skin glowed :P. I did six treatments and could reduce the vitamin b5 by 30%. I did nine treatments (It was worth it :)) and could reduce the vitamin b5 pills by half.

This stuff DOES work... and this is not a "buy this product" advertisement. Also, its all natural for those of you who have fear of the side effects of Acutane - I was so scared to try it after I read "You may bleed from any opening in the body on this medication" -- and "you may suffer liver and bone damage."

But seriously - Try the Vitamin b5 cure at the same time as you do the acupuncture. You will be amazed at how fast the oil and infections will disappear. Feel Free to PM me.

Best of luck,

AppleBlossem

I had severe acne for ten years (Starting at puberty). I had greasy skin and my mom thought I had caught a skin disease because every pore on my face produced oil, which caused white heads, blackheads, HUGE infections and swellings. My doctor said I had severe acne. I have tried everything... medications (Made me vomit), Chanel, lancome and clinique recommendations, neutragena, doxycycline, tetracycline, went vegetarian, went vegan, no chocolate, drank a gallon of water a day, no coffee, no soda pop, no makeup, no sugar, washing two times a day, EVERYTHING -- I never found the REAL acne-halting results that I was searching for. Until...

I used VITAMIN b5 ACNE Cure - a vitamin found at the health food store. I found about 300 other people on the internet using it, and they all said it stopped their acne in their tracks. I am soo oily that my hair looks wet every evening...and this vitamin stopped the oil completely on day 3. I could go 5 days without washing my hair (tested this because I couldnt believe how this vitamin worked). I was never overly dry. My skin found its "normal" inbetween pefection. Not one clogged pore. Everything came to a halt. Wow. Ten Grams a day- no side effects, no liver damage, no toxic limit (its been tested for side effects up to 50 grams a day). Its water-soluable, so it never stays in the body and exits with the urine.

If I forgot to take this vitamin ONE day, my prores would be slightly clogged the next day. But then my skin would go right back to clear when I kept taking it. According to the doctor who found this cure, acne sufferers have a deficiency in this vitamin. This vitamin is expensive (I found it cheapest on www.froogle.com. After a year of taking this vitamin, I became curious to see if Acupuncture would reduce my oiliness a little (just enough so that IF I forgot to take the vitamin one day, my skin wouldnt clog up the next day).

I did Full-body, Hormone-balancing acupuncture- I didnt really believe it would work, but I had some money and thought I'd give it a shot. I ask for the first three sessions (everything is done in 3's) to be done within the week...so I could see the results. I was surprised to see the day after the 3rd treatment that my skin glowed :P. I did six treatments and could reduce the vitamin b5 by 30%. I did nine treatments (It was worth it :)) and could reduce the vitamin b5 pills by half.

This stuff DOES work... and this is not a "buy this product" advertisement. Also, its all natural for those of you who have fear of the side effects of Acutane - I was so scared to try it after I read "You may bleed from any opening in the body on this medication" -- and "you may suffer liver and bone damage."

But seriously - Try the Vitamin b5 cure at the same time as you do the acupuncture. You will be amazed at how fast the oil and infections will disappear. Feel Free to PM me.

Best of luck,

AppleBlossem

I went on froogle.com and typed it in, and it showed no listing for that product!

Oh, I'm sorry :) It is known as Pantothenic Acid (in pill form). It's vitamin b5, but it is known as Pantothenic Acid in Pharmacies and health food stores. :)

If you search for it on google or froogle or in health food stores, use this name.

Oh, I'm sorry :) It is known as Pantothenic Acid (in pill form). It's vitamin b5, but it is known as Pantothenic Acid in Pharmacies and health food stores. :)

If you search for it on google or froogle or in health food stores, use this name.

Thank you!

Not a problem :)

There is a huge post somewhere on this website about the b5 vitamin cure. I'll try to find it so that it can help people out :)

I found the post which details what one must do to stop their acne. I'm very thankful that I found it :)

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=15341

As for those few side effects, I never experienced them. No hair loss... HOWEVER, I noticed that when I did the Hormone-balancing acupuncture, I gained more hair (I know that sounds crazy). I'm a girl, so I notice things about my hair -- I have always lost the usual 100-200 hairs a day in my hairbrush (I read this is normal, but it always distressed me since I'd rather not lose any hairs at all, whether this is normal or not) -- but when I did the hormone-balancing acupuncture, hair shedding came to a halt. I only lost one or two hairs while washing my hair every morning (I usually lose thirty or forty during this process). I didnt lose any in my hairbrush. Yipppe :)

I'd love to try this but recently (finally) started on accutane......

I'm guessing you can't mix or do both at the same time?

Also, I found the pills already at a place I can get them easy... but each pill only contains 500mg.... so I'd have to take 20 pills a day?!?!?! Not so appealing now ;)

i am taking 20 pills a day :). I didn't mind because my acne was so bad when I didn't take them. I take 8 in the morning, 6 in the afternoon and 8 at night :). But I'd do almost anything to keep my skin clear :).

I so want to get acupuncture for my hormornal break outs. But doubt it'll stop the excess oil, so i'll still want to go on Accutane.

I went on B5 and my facial acne cleared about 95% and my body about 85%. It also reduced the oil dramatically and now I can go about 8 hours without my face becoming really oily. I currently take about 3-4g of B5 a day and will gradually decrease the amount. So far so good!

hey ppx11 i was just wondering what kind of acne do you have - mild, moderate or cystic? im just curious cuz i have cystic and wonder if the b5 would work fo rme

Hmm I like the sound of this 'natural treatment'.. I'm guna give it a go. BUT I've recently been put on Ortho Tri-Cyclen and BP gel.. do you think it'll interfere and irritate the skin if I try too many things at once? Let me know your thoughts.. ;)

Hopeful :wub:

Guest tvirus_outbreak

Is it really necessary to take 20grams per day? The RDI for B5 is only like 10 milligrams per day. Why do we need to take 20 000 times the RDI for the acne to go away? If before our body started producing sex hormones we only needed 10grams per day to metabolise skin oil, why do we need to take 20 000 times that much to metabolise skin oil while our body is producing sex hormones?

Guest Sincerely_Me

Okay, 8 pills in the morning, etc, etc. My question is do you have to take those 8 pills at the same time or did you divide it over 8 hours or something? I don't think there would be a problem taking 8 at once, then 6 at once & another 6 at once?

Tvirus: I didnt say 20 grams. I said ten grams. Each pill is half a gram :)

You can split the dosage however you want just as long as you are taking it througout the day :)

Oh, and btw, I did hormonal Full-body acupuncture and it worked. My oil was reduced in half.

Guest tvirus_outbreak

sorry I meant 10 grams but I got confused between the 20 pills and the ten grams.

how many freaking pills come in a bottle?!? youd need over a thousand for a good times supply.

Guest tvirus_outbreak

It depends on the brand but I got the VitaCure B5 Clear Skin Capsules and there were 250 500mg pills per bottle.

Hmm I like the sound of this 'natural treatment'.. I'm guna give it a go. BUT I've recently been put on Ortho Tri-Cyclen and BP gel.. do you think it'll interfere and irritate the skin if I try too many things at once? Let me know your thoughts.. ;)

Hopeful :wub:

I'm taking doxycycline, and asked my doctor if I could try it. He said yes, but watch out for side effects and initial breakouts.

HOW LONG DID IT TAKE FOR B5 TO WORK? DID YOU HAVE AN INITIAL BREAK OUT?? I AM VERY INTERESTED IN TRYING THIS MEATHOD!! :) THANK-YOU FOR THIS INFORMATION. HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON.

Among other things, you are experiencing a Biotin deficiency created by megadosing on B5, which results in a side effect of dry skin, among other things.

Congratulations! You are making yourself sick.

Do your research. Taking too much of any B vitamin results in a deficiency of all the other B vitamins, which in turn causes many, many health problems ranging from minor to major. Just because B vitamins are water soluble, it does not mean that megadosing on them is healthy.

You know, there are many other ways to dry your skin out that don't result in major health risks.

One theory I had some time ago was that B5 worked not necessarily by any direct action on the body, but because it creates a deficiency in other vitamins, and it is this deficency that helps reduce oil production. This theory for me was further backed up by the fact when I tried supplementing with some of the vitamins (B-50 or Biotin) that B5 megadosing is supposed to deplete, my oily skin and acne returned.

For example, if you look at the side effects for "Biotin Deficiency" which can be caused by B5 megadosing, one of the side effects is listed as "Dry Skin."

Wikipedia - Biotin

The problem is the way B5 can be so effective isn't really understood so all the posts on forums like these are based on guess work and peoples experiences. It's possible the whole reason it works is because it creates a Biotin deficiency, but that in itself is one theory amongst many.

But isn't that the point? It's not working at all. You are experiencing one outward sign that you have a Biotin deficiency. And Biotin isn't the only B complex vitamin that is going to be deficient with this type of megadosing -- all of them will. It's unhealthy.

I understand your frustration, believe me. I've battled acne going on 28 years now (it started when I was 10). But there are other ways to reduce the oiliness of your skin, and/or control it. What blows me away is that people actually think that megadosing on B5 and megadosing on Vitamin A are healthy alternatives to Accutane.

Go to this link: http://www.healingwithnutrition.com/vitamin.html

Here is just some information on that site about Biotin deficiency. They have all the other B complex vitamin deficiency side effects listed as well:

Biotin (a vitamin)

RDA: 30 mcg to 100 mcg mg

Researched Supplement Range: 28 mcg to 5,000 mcg

Average Daily Intake: Unavailable

Notes: Intakes of 10,000 mcg daily don't cause any toxic side-effects

Biotin is a B-complex vitamin used in the formation of enzymes that fuel the human body. Without biotin, the body can't use fats or glucose for energy, and the metabolism is severely impaired. Since the enzymes aren't there to break down, and build up protein, the body falls apart, leaving you without hair and skin, no muscles, and very confused.

If strong nails and healthy hair is what you're looking for, then biotin supplements may be your solution. Many years ago, researchers tested their hypothesis that B-complex vitamins and nail brittleness were associated. Their tests seem to prove their hypothesis, and recent research still supports the association between nail thickness and biotin.

Japanese researchers had some indications that biotin levels were associated to Type II Adult- onset Diabetes, so they raised biotin levels by supplementing 18 people with 9,000 mcg of biotin per day. The result? After 30 days, the participants' blood sugar levels fell to nearly half their original levels.

Body Components and Functions

Organ muscles -- antiseptic, cell growth, fatty acid production, hair growth, metabolism (carbohydrate, fat, protein), and vitamin B utilization.

Deficiency Symptoms

dandruff

depression

dry skin

fatigue

grayish skin

heart abnormalities

color

insomnia

muscular pain

poor appetite

Therapeutic Uses

alcoholism

arteriosclerosis

baldness

high cholesterol

constipation

dizziness

eczema

ear noises

dermatitis

hard arteries

headaches

heart trouble

high blood pressure

hypoglycemia

insomnia

seborrhea

Natural Sources

Brewers yeast, fruits, nuts, rice, egg yolk, milk, and kidney.

So, besides dry skin, other side effects include dandruff, depression, fatigue, grayish skin, heart abnormalities, color, insomnia, muscular pain, and poor appetite. And that's just with the Biotin deficiency. Go look at all the other side effects you'll get from the other B complex vitamin deficiencies.

Accutane is a better option, IMO.

thats why i take b-complex DuMBASS

Do you take megadoses of B complex vitamins, too, dumbass?

As in 100,000% of the recommended daily allowances of ALL the B vitamins, dumbass?

Do your research, dumbass.

I'm not the one making myself sick, dumbass.

Before you go around and call other people names, maybe you should actually educate yourself, dumbass!

Guest tvirus_outbreak

I agree with Susan. For those of you that find B5 very helpful, good for you. But it basically made my life a living hell for about 4 weeks and it made me very depressed and sick and I wasn't able to go outside or go to school or anything like that. I'm glad I stopped, I'm not glad that I wasted $114 of my MOTHER'S MONEY on this crap. I'm going to e-mail them soon to see if I can get a refund. The only reason I haven't already e-mailed them is because they tell you to try it for 90 days. Although I've stopped, I'm still waiting for those 90 days to come to an end.

I'd love to try this but recently (finally) started on accutane......

I'm guessing you can't mix or do both at the same time?

Also, I found the pills already at a place I can get them easy... but each pill only contains 500mg.... so I'd have to take 20 pills a day?!?!?! Not so appealing now ;)

ye can it be used whilst on accutane or not?

something about taking vitamin A and B in big doses doesnt sound so safe

Is it really necessary to take 20grams per day? The RDI for B5 is only like 10 milligrams per day. Why do we need to take 20 000 times the RDI for the acne to go away? If before our body started producing sex hormones we only needed 10grams per day to metabolise skin oil, why do we need to take 20 000 times that much to metabolise skin oil while our body is producing sex hormones?

im guessing its like accutane, big doses, big effect!