Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
halfbreed

Traditional Medicinals

There is this brand of herbal teas called traditional medicinals and I picked up the everyday detox tea which is self explainitory. The herbs are supposed to stimulate more bile production.

Has anyone tried these detox remedies. This is as close to a liver flush as I will get. And from these wannabe, mini liver flush things is a breakout expected? :(

That's not close to a liver flush at all, you're not pushing out stones. Why not just actually do a flush? They're really not that hard.

It's been my experience that "detox" teas do nothing noticeable on their own. They might be useful as part of an overall cleansing regimen.

well, i drink the detox teas.. (yogi brand). i can't say whether they help me or not, really. but i like the taste and *think* they help, so there's something to be said about that i guess.

my skin reacts most to diet and exercise and as long as that is good, i'm okay. i'm too afraid to do a liver flush. i KNOW it's ridiculous but i worry a huge stone will get stuck somewhere on it's way out, and i'll die. or at the very least have to go to the hospital because something doesn't feel right and i'm scared. :shock:

maybe someday i'll get over this irrational fear, but for now.. as i said.. my diet/exercise regimine is working nicely. plus i really haven't seen enough testimonials that liver flushing was their final, miracle cure. yes, i've seen maybe 5-10. maybe even 15. but that's not enough for me.

plus i really haven't seen enough testimonials that liver flushing was their final, miracle cure. yes, i've seen maybe 5-10. maybe even 15. but that's not enough for me.

Heh, that's 'cause not that many people with acne know about liver flushing/do liver flushes...

Well, the two flushes I've done I felt like something was stuck the next day because I had pains in my liver after the flush was done, so I simply just drank ACV throughout the day, took more epsom salts, waited an hour after the salts and took 2tbs. olive oil + lemon juice (basically a mini flush), and after my next bathroom visit everything felt fine. So yeah, things can get stuck but they're not hard to get out. In emergency situations take a lot of epsom salts basically.

well. it just all just still seems toooo uncomfortable for me, personally. probably if i still had my cystic acne, after trying every single other thing, i might be more inclined to try it. but i've worked hard to learn what i can and can't eat and i've found a program/lifestyle that suits me.

i read some of the sites that say it's imperative to have an ultrasound prior to doing a flush because you want to make sure there aren't any stones that could be too big and would cause problems. i've convinced myself if anyone has those big stones, it'd be me! and yes, i do know you can take stuff to soften/loosen stones to prevent it all from happening.. i'm just a big baby and i'll be the first to admit it.

the thing is i read about a LOT of people who've done flushes within this forum.. but i can honestly only think of maybe 3-4 people who claim the flushes cleared all their acne once and for all. and these same people did a lot of other forms of internal cleansing.. such as colon cleansing, B&P shakes, oxypowder sort of stuff, potent candida cleansing.. so i'm always left to wonder if it wasn't more of the colon/candida cleansing that cleared them than the liver flushing... or at least a combination.

i just remain skeptical that liver flushing is the holy grail... but nevertheless, i'm happy for those who've done them with success.

I had the same fear, Heather. It took me awhile to build up the courage. You're right, though; they aren't the holy grail for everybody, but it does seem that for some, they work like magic, so I think they're worth a try. I have done six myself and have honestly seen NO difference. Now I know some people at curezone will tell you you need to do like 27, but I think that's a little out there.

I'm back to working on getting my bowels in order because it's been proven to me by a stool test that I have problems there. Besides, bowel cleansing and the right diet give me results.

I had the same fear, Heather. It took me awhile to build up the courage. You're right, though; they aren't the holy grail for everybody, but it does seem that for some, they work like magic, so I think they're worth a try. I have done six myself and have honestly seen NO difference. Now I know some people at curezone will tell you you need to do like 27, but I think that's a little out there.

Yeah, everyone's different I guess. I've done 6 and my face is drastically clearer... my eczema is 100% gone... and normally at this time of year I have horrible allergies (grass) but so far I have no symptoms of allergies at all. :)

^ ^ ^ good to hear, leah. i can't wait to do my 3rd, hopefully this saturday. the only problem is after every flush i've eaten like complete shit, probably erasing some benefits. but i'm back on a healthy diet now and not cheating... for the time being. let's see how long this one lasts.

thanks cjb.. i agree with you and think they're certainly worth a try for anyone who has the inclination to give them a whirl. that might be me someday... but not today.

leah, that is great news that you've a solution to heal your skin, allergies and excema. i'm curious to know if you follow any sort of restricted diet?

leah, that is great news that you've a solution to heal your skin, allergies and excema. i'm curious to know if you follow any sort of restricted diet?

Oh yeah, I do.

This is basically what I try to stick to: No refined sugar (honey, maple syrup are fine), no gluten grains unless sprouted, no trans fats or unhealthy fats like canola oil, soybean oil, etc. Only organic animal products (butter, goat's milk kefir, eggs, fish, meat). That's all I can think of.

But do I stick this diet 100%? No. I mostly do for my main meals, but if I want some chocolate (sugar) or something, I'll have it. Cheating in moderation doesn't seem to break me out.

I've been on this "diet" for over a year, but it never cleared up my acne, eczema, or allergies until I added internal cleansing -- bowel and liver. I continue to eat this way for my overall health (I actually want to eat this way for the rest of my life, no matter what)... and I'm sure that eating junk all the time would eventually bring me back to where I was, since a bad diet is what caused this all in the first place.

Oh yeah, I do.

This is basically what I try to stick to: No refined sugar (honey, maple syrup are fine), no gluten grains unless sprouted, no trans fats or unhealthy fats like canola oil, soybean oil, etc. Only organic animal products (butter, goat's milk kefir, eggs, fish, meat). That's all I can think of.

But do I stick this diet 100%? No. I mostly do for my main meals, but if I want some chocolate (sugar) or something, I'll have it. Cheating in moderation doesn't seem to break me out.

I've been on this "diet" for over a year, but it never cleared up my acne, eczema, or allergies until I added internal cleansing -- bowel and liver. I continue to eat this way for my overall health (I actually want to eat this way for the rest of my life, no matter what)... and I'm sure that eating junk all the time would eventually bring me back to where I was, since a bad diet is what caused this all in the first place.

Which cleanse did you do first? Did you notice significant clearing after one (either bowel or liver) or did you have to cleanse both to get clear?

thank you

Which cleanse did you do first? Did you notice significant clearing after one (either bowel or liver) or did you have to cleanse both to get clear?

thank you

I first did bowel cleansing almost a year ago... I used Oxy-Powder. That cleared me up a lot, right away... but I only stayed clear-ish for a few months from that. I started liver flushing in January. I started clearing up a lot again around my 3rd or 4th flush. But I also did colonics with my 4th, 5th, and 6th liver flushes.