Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rich1234

rolling scar that....

I was wondering if anyone else had a rolling scar where the skin is so bound down that it appears to pull the skin tight in adjacent areas?

never heard of it but saline injections are the best treatment for rolling scars.

do you, or anyone else know if its possible to get 100% improvement on a rolling scar with needling? or with needling combined with filler injection?

thanks

-Rich

Saline injections soften the scar, they break up the fibroids in the skin and encourage collagen, my scars have improved around 70% after just one session, ive tried laser and dermabrasions in the past, with no results . this is the best treatment ive ever had and with great results on rolling scars.

Rich -

In many cases, rolling scars are bound down to the tissue underneath. I am not that familiar with saline injections but I do know that subscisions generally will help to break up the scar tissue underneath so the skin can lift into a higher position. After that, fillers are used to fill in the remaining depression.

I had a similar condition after years of cystic acne, the skin healed down and was tightly bound down by scar tissue. After several rounds of subscisions, it does look better but in my case, additional work is needed, probably in the form of fillers.

Dan

Saline injections soften the scar, they break up the fibroids in the skin and encourage collagen, my scars have improved around 70% after just one session, ive tried laser and dermabrasions in the past, with no results . this is the best treatment ive ever had and with great results on rolling scars.

Rich -

In many cases, rolling scars are bound down to the tissue underneath. I am not that familiar with saline injections but I do know that subscisions generally will help to break up the scar tissue underneath so the skin can lift into a higher position. After that, fillers are used to fill in the remaining depression.

I had a similar condition after years of cystic acne, the skin healed down and was tightly bound down by scar tissue. After several rounds of subscisions, it does look better but in my case, additional work is needed, probably in the form of fillers.

Dan

thank you both

-Rich

Rich, You can do Saline yourself with Diabetic Needles, Save yourself a lot of money.

Can you please explain your technique? How long ago did you do this? I wonder if the 70% improvement will be permanent. Did you try it on scarred pores or icepicks?

Rich -

Dan

I am wondering if by tightly bound you guys mean that it looks wrinkly inside the rolling scar. my scars are shallow but I hate the dried wrinkly look. It makes me think of burned skin. Do you guys notice this wrinkly burned looking skin in some of your scars? I wonder if isologen or saline could also improve this texture or just raise the indent.

I am wondering if by tightly bound you guys mean that it looks wrinkly inside the rolling scar. my scars are shallow but I hate the dried wrinkly look. It makes me think of burned skin. Do you guys notice this wrinkly burned looking skin in some of your scars? I wonder if isologen or saline could also improve this texture or just raise the indent.

yeah i kno what you mean...i think a peel would be the answer tho..obviously a medium peel beacuse that is what im lookin at gettin since the light ones do nothin

I had a phenol peel done by Dr. Rullan and it did not do anything for my scars or skin texture. I know several other who also saw no improvement with this peel. You can do a search on exoderm threads.

Rich, You can do Saline yourself with Diabetic Needles, Save yourself a lot of money.

Yea, I was gathering information and thinking about doing needling myself, I think im gonna get a professional to do some needling first though and depending on how difficult I think it is from that, I may or may not do it myself from then on