Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest tired of this shish

about post-treatment swelling

Guest tired of this shish

When is it safe to say whether you're seeing results after having laser treatment?

I understand that even after the swelling subsides after a few days, if your skin sees some improvement after having non-ablative laser treatment, if you don't keep up with maintenance months after--all the improvements go to shit.

Well, I had 1 treatment of CoolGlide and 1 microdermabrasion 4 days ago for uneven rough/texture and scarring--Mind you, they were VERY gentle the first time around because I had never had any laser or microdermabrasion to my face--so my skin is very virgin in that aspect and they wanted to make sure I didn't react adversely to the treatments. I came out looking as if I had not done ANY damn treatments to my face so I was pissed off!

Except that after a day, I did notice a softening of my rolling scars and bumpy texture--even 4 days later. Everything is going to crap now because of some new breakouts I got last night on some of the areas treated. I still have the smoothing from the laser under the lesions, but the new breakouts killed the nice look of the area treated. I can assure you the new breakouts had nothing to do with the laser.

It's too early in the game to state long term permanent results which I don't expect. My question is when is it safe to say results past the 2-3 day swelling period? I can't still be swollen, can I?

If I reacted like this on only my first mild treatment, I'm wondering what might happen after they start getting more aggressive... :think: