Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
the_se7en

CONCEALERS?? Please help a guy out here!

Hi,

I am looking for makeup for men... something that doesn't shine or stand out too much and absorbs oil. Something that doesn't rub off... doesn't rub off with water or sweat.

It's to hide my red marks/scars until they go away or i get a laser treament somehow.

What do you recommend?

My skin color VERY close to like the one attached... srk.

post-28355-1149046472_thumb.jpg

post-28355-1149046472_thumb.jpg

CoverBlend by Neostrata is a somewhat close formula to Dermablend, it's not at thick and heavy though. I think it looks a BIT more natutal. unlike Dermablend, it doesn't need to be set with powder. I think it's ok, it would go on much smoother if my skin weren't DRY from accutane...! I found it on the internet. it was like $20 for a jar.

Hi,

I am looking for makeup for men... something that doesn't shine or stand out too much and absorbs oil. Something that doesn't rub off... doesn't rub off with water or sweat.

It's to hide my red marks/scars until they go away or i get a laser treament somehow.

What do you recommend?

My skin color VERY close to like the one attached... srk.

I would use some good concealer, since you are a guy and probably don't need a full face of makeup...ALSO Dermablend is heavy and will probably be obvious you've got it on!

Which concealer do you recommend that will blend in good with the skin, won't smudge by sweat or water?

How good does CoverBlend handle oil?

Which concealer do you recommend that will blend in good with the skin, won't smudge by sweat or water?

How good does CoverBlend handle oil?

I'm on Accutane, so I defintely don't have a problem with oil in the first place. coverblend blends more nicely than dermablend I think, the only thing is that there are tonnns of shades, so you'll probably have to do some guess and check (unless Coverblend is sold at a store near you ?).

Guest TylerD

Dermablend always made my faackin pores look so huge!!! LIKE HUGE!!! It was so noticable and gross. I use coverfx creme and primer now and its all good YAY for coverfx. Use that lol.

I don't want something that gives a pinkish hue or looks purplish in the sun or something.

Something just brown colored, no reddish pinkish hue from it.

Please I need more recommendations :(

Guest blackheadben

Covergirl makes a great concealer stick called CG Smoothers concealer stick. Its shades are crappy except for one: neutralizer. It is compatible w/ most skin tones and it is the best concealer i have ever used! Blends great, too!

Covergirl makes a great concealer stick called CG Smoothers concealer stick. Its shades are crappy except for one: neutralizer. It is compatible w/ most skin tones and it is the best concealer i have ever used! Blends great, too!

Is it for guys? Do you think it will match with my brown complexion? :wacko:

I would suggest Bare Minerals even for men. It's kind of like sheer cover.

I use BMinerals and you honestly cannot tell that I am wearing makeup....even under the sun. I use it especially for red marks and scars. It doesn't completely hide marks, but it does the trick. You should go to a cosmetics store like ULTA or Sephora and give it a try. You may feel embarassed, but chicks dig it when guys try these things out. If that isn't persuasion enough, then go to the cosmetic store early when no one is around...only workers.

Doesn't hurt to try.

Good luck!

I would suggest Bare Minerals even for men. It's kind of like sheer cover.

I use BMinerals and you honestly cannot tell that I am wearing makeup....even under the sun. I use it especially for red marks and scars. It doesn't completely hide marks, but it does the trick. You should go to a cosmetics store like ULTA or Sephora and give it a try. You may feel embarassed, but chicks dig it when guys try these things out. If that isn't persuasion enough, then go to the cosmetic store early when no one is around...only workers.

Doesn't hurt to try.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice, but I don't think Ill go and try it out in a store lol :snooty:

Could someone please suggest something for me?? PLEASE!! I need a concealer to cover red marks/scars but something that looks natural for me... doesn't rub off, good for oily skin, and doesn't make my pores look enlarged.

ANYTHING PLEASE???

Forgot to add... I need something that blends in perfect with the skin. Don't care much about the price as long as it does a good job.

I must say.. I really like Revlon colorstay concealor. they have good shads.. and its long lasting and stuff. I have oily skin.

im also a guy and i just ordered maybelline true illusions undetectable concealer:

http://www.walgreens.com/store/pickcolor.j...977&id=prod9977

i'll let you know how well it works.. should get here tuesday.. some other guy on the forums recommended it.

Yes this stuff is great. The best part is that you can buy it at any drugstore like CVS, Savon, or Rite Aid and it's only $6. Only problem is, if you're a guy you probably need a girl to buy it for you if you don't want to feel embarassed or you can buy it online.

Awhile ago, I actually bought it myself and wanted to see if the cashier looked at me funny but she didn't really. Maybe she thought it was for a sister or something lol.

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

im also a guy and i just ordered maybelline true illusions undetectable concealer:

i'll let you know how well it works.. should get here tuesday.. some other guy on the forums recommended it.

Yes this stuff is great. The best part is that you can buy it at any drugstore like CVS, Savon, or Rite Aid and it's only $6. Only problem is, if you're a guy you probably need a girl to buy it for you if you don't want to feel embarassed or you can buy it online.

Awhile ago, I actually bought it myself and wanted to see if the cashier looked at me funny but she didn't really. Maybe she thought it was for a sister or something lol.

I've worked at drug store before and a guy buying makeup was in no way weird, well to me at least. I've seen far weirder things before.

I use revlon color stay stay natural and it's too light. It does stay on very well thought. I think the original color stay is supposed to be thicker.

It says

Instructions

* Dot under eyes or over flaws

* Blend lightly until area looks smooth

* Wear with natural coverage makeup or powder

Any web site that ships to canada? :wacko: