Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
babadum

Does hydrogen peroxide work?

From what I have read, it doesn't.

It cannot penetrate into the pore to get to the acne bacteria where they live.

Any oxidization is bad for your skin. Oxidize = free radicals = dry skin = more acne = low self esteem = BAAAAAD product :(

I might just try hydrogen peroxide to see all

the cool bubbles. Truthfully, I would never

use it for acne but I still love it for cuts. :)

Its also really really good if you get sprayed by a skunk.

Apparently our nose can detect skunk smell even if there is only 1 part per million.

Oxidizing neutralizes the smell.

So much for tomatoe juice :P

Hydrogen Peroxide is not good for acne. It is meant for healing and disinfecting open wounds. It is a drying agent, but does not help in preventing breakouts. It will simply fight acne once it has already formed, it is not easily penetrated into the skin, and will not help fight acne bacteria before it forms.

It has worked for me -- I've used two different HP products (never just store bought HP) and both have worked wonders

Any oxidization is bad for your skin. Oxidize = free radicals = dry skin = more acne = low self esteem = BAAAAAD product :(

Agreed on the Oxidize = free radicals = skin damage (if radicals aren't neutralized) But if you can use it temporarily (BP is better for acne than HP... HP is really only good as a debriding/disinfecting agent on open wounds) to clear your skin then it's not so bad.

I've heard somewhere that hydrogen peroxide can treat acne and prevent it...is that true?

i used that alot when i was like 14 :| stupid IMO ... yea sure it dries otu ur skin and hence drying out the acne .. but it creates a breeding ground for FREE RADICALS! which do what casue permature aging and we dont want that. So IMO keep the Hydrogen Peroxide away from ur face and use it on cuts, scarpes, burns to disinfect and stop infection.