Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stoked_space_monkey

question about "extracting"...?

ok guys, so i went to the dermatologist today was a little surprised. i had scheduled for a chemical peel but she said that she wouldnt recommened it for me as my skin isnt really that bad. but she said a deep cleansing facial would help.

and i guess after the facial they do some extracting or something, but what is it that they do when their extracting and will it cause any downside to my skin/ like any redness or swelling?

i asked her about the vitamins and she said it would help promote collagen for the skin. i'm going to get some vitamin c pills... maybe vitamin e as well, not sure.... but is there a lotion or cream made up entirely of vitamin c that i could apply to the skin???

thanks.

no idea, but you can do light or medium peels at home for fraction of the price.

by the way, what are they extracting? do you have clogged pores? pimple underneath? white heads? blackheads? or they just want to do it for fun?