Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just wondering who uses this ACT soap from Boots, and if anyone finds it clogs pores, either this being on the face, or the neck area.?

na it doesnt clog pores man. lol @ treasure by teh way

thing is tom i dont have a clue why u stopped using it

it was WORKIN for u but it was a little drying......

so i said u shud jus use the act bar once a day at night or somethin so ur stil using it as u knew it was keepin ur cysts at bay.

lol :shifty:

lol, another chance for dami4n to declare his love for his ACT bar!

And as ACT is designed specifically for acne prone skin it shouldn't clog youre pores, and tommy_boy if you were finding it slightly drying but it was still working for you I would recommend giving it another go. Most cleansers tend to dry you out a bit and if it was helping with your cysts then it may be worth it, just make sure you use plently of moisturiser! :)

na it doesnt clog pores man. lol @ treasure by teh way

thing is tom i dont have a clue why u stopped using it

it was WORKIN for u but it was a little drying......

so i said u shud jus use the act bar once a day at night or somethin so ur stil using it as u knew it was keepin ur cysts at bay.

lol :shifty:

Dude i stopped using it cause i kept getting these white things on my neck, which i think are clogged pores, plus i kept getting alot of blackheads and very very little whiteheads on my neck too, all which looked like the pores had been clogged, which i thought the ACT bar was doing.?

lol, another chance for dami4n to declare his love for his ACT bar!

And as ACT is designed specifically for acne prone skin it shouldn't clog youre pores, and tommy_boy if you were finding it slightly drying but it was still working for you I would recommend giving it another go. Most cleansers tend to dry you out a bit and if it was helping with your cysts then it may be worth it, just make sure you use plently of moisturiser! :)

People keep saying to me that ACT is specially designed for acne, but nowhere on the box does it say that, it only says that its good for spot prone areas, which isn't exactly acne.

never done any of those things for me ..

Shit, can you believe it, just felt my neck, and guess what, got quite a big spot forming. :shock:

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details....oductid=1032669

have u even read it lol

the ACT bar is Boots's own soap DESIGNED purely for people with acne......

its a facial wash for people with acne

and on the link i jus told u it says :

Contains active ingredients to help keep skin clear by killing spot causing bacteria. Used daily, this wash bar removes excess dirt and grease, unblocking pores without drying the skin.

Suitable for spot-prone areas.

Dermatologically tested.

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details....oductid=1032669

have u even read it lol

the ACT bar is Boots's own soap DESIGNED purely for people with acne......

its a facial wash for people with acne

and on the link i jus told u it says :

Contains active ingredients to help keep skin clear by killing spot causing bacteria. Used daily, this wash bar removes excess dirt and grease, unblocking pores without drying the skin.

Suitable for spot-prone areas.

Dermatologically tested.

Yeah i have read it mate, but spots and acne are two different things, right, you can just have a few spots, and you can have loads of spots and cysts which are acne, i think i'm right here, anyways that information for that soap has changed, before it never said about the unblocking of pores etc.

spots is just another word for acne

we just dont use the word "acne" in england very much.

acne is defined as:

Web definitions for acne

a chronic disorder of the hair follicles and sebaceous glands. Acne is characterized by black heads, pimple outbreaks, cysts, infected abscesses, and (sometimes) scarring.

spots are a clogging of the hair follicles therefore spots=acne

its like pimples in america = spots

its just phrases but the bottom line is

the act bar is made for acne prone skin

spots is just another word for acne

we just dont use the word "acne" in england very much.

acne is defined as:

Web definitions for acne

a chronic disorder of the hair follicles and sebaceous glands. Acne is characterized by black heads, pimple outbreaks, cysts, infected abscesses, and (sometimes) scarring.

spots are a clogging of the hair follicles therefore spots=acne

its like pimples in america = spots

its just phrases but the bottom line is

the act bar is made for acne prone skin

Yeah maybe, but i've always thought spots etc have to be so bad for it to be called (acne) like if i had 3 spots, i wouldn't say i have acne, i would consider someone with acne if they have big pimples, and lots of spots etc, but yeah i know where your coming from and your probably right, its just the way i think of it.

cant believe i have a pimple forming up already, now i've gotta decide if it was the Pears or not, why cant i just be a normal guy who can use pretty much whatever soap he pleases. :wall:

yea, Damian is right. You all call them "spots", we call them pimples or acne. It's all the same.

Hey Damian, what is the active ingredient in the ACT bar? What's it got that makes it antibacterial. Boots never lists ingredients on their website, stupid Boots!

yea, Damian is right. You all call them "spots", we call them pimples or acne. It's all the same.

Hey Damian, what is the active ingredient in the ACT bar? What's it got that makes it antibacterial. Boots never lists ingredients on their website, stupid Boots!

to be honest i dont know :$

i throw the box away

il try and find out when i go in2 boots (il take a pen an paper an write it down off the box)

bet i dont look wierd doin that lol........

I still go with what i've said slightly, if you look up acne on the good pictures, all the pictures are of millions of spots and very bad cystic acne.

i know a mate who has got spots he has maybe one or two every now and again but i wouldn't say he has acne at all, now i have another friend who has lots of spots, face looks red, and he gets the odd cyst, now i'd call that acne.

but whatever, at the end of the day i'm left with a pimple on my neck again now, and i have to decide if i should go back to ACT. :D

Well, all I meant is that here in the US, nobody calls them "spots".

Spots are what dalmations have, lol.

We call acne either "acne', or "pimples", or even "blemishes" but never have I heard anyone, other than people from the UK area, call them "spots".

Everyone calls them spots in the UK, i cant believe i'm having this conversation, i guess people in the US call even 1 spot on your face acne, but over in the UK, you only have acne if you have a big problem of spots on your face.

Everyone calls them spots in the UK, i cant believe i'm having this conversation, i guess people in the US call even 1 spot on your face acne, but over in the UK, you only have acne if you have a big problem of spots on your face.

ACNE = Spots

Spots = Pimples

Pimples = Blemishes

Blemishes = Zits

its just a word for them tom!

how many times man

ACNE = Spots

Spots = Pimples

Pimples = Blemishes

Blemishes = Zits

its just a word for them tom!

how many times man

Yes mate i totally agree with what your saying, but in reality if you saw someone with 2 spots you wouldn't consider them to have acne would ya, anyways i rest my case, who cares at the end of the day. :D