Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
simpsin

when is a pimple dead?

I have had acne for about a year and a half and it has been moderate/mild. I was curious as to when a pimple is official dead? Sometimes when I pop them, a can get a solid little stick of pus to come out, and although it makes my skin swell up, the white head is gone and I just have to wait for healing. Last night, I popped a pimple and there was only liquid goo, no solid head to come out. This morning, the head came right back. Is this because the root of the pimple (solid stick thing) is still in there? Are there any tricks to getting it out with minimal irritation?

Until you get a solid "core" out of the spot, I don't consider it to be dead. I know that when the solid core comes out its over for that damn spot!!! There is nothing you can do to make the extraction process quicker. You have to just wait. And the worst thing you can do is squeeze when its liquid, cos it'll just keep coming back. :sick:

When i get excited when I look in the mirror. :D

lol

It's only dead when all the shit comes out, otherwise it's all stuck inside still and you might/probably have pushed the whitehead deeper into your skin.

I have had acne for about a year and a half and it has been moderate/mild. I was curious as to when a pimple is official dead? Sometimes when I pop them, a can get a solid little stick of pus to come out, and although it makes my skin swell up, the white head is gone and I just have to wait for healing. Last night, I popped a pimple and there was only liquid goo, no solid head to come out. This morning, the head came right back. Is this because the root of the pimple (solid stick thing) is still in there? Are there any tricks to getting it out with minimal irritation?

yeah, it came back because you didnt get it all out. My only tip is that i usually wait a day with that whitehead, so a lot of it can come to the surface, and so the whitehead is bigger and easier to pop.

if you want to see if a pimple is ready to go or not without the risk of pushing the bactera deeper, just pull the skin around the pimple apart so you're not touching the infected area at all, this will either push the bacteria up or do nothing at all, but it will not push the bacteria down.. this has been the most effective method for me.

Sometimes I found for really deep pimples there are "layers" of bacteria in the pimple. For example u might pop it and have alot of crap come out, then u squeeze a little more and just get clear fluid. But then if u push even more you get a whole lot more white and yellow crap. Sometimes I actually get goosebumps from all that stuff exploding out of my skin. Not that its disusting but that it "hurts."

i class a pimple as dead, when your apply bp and there is no lump or bump.

and when u pres it a bit harder an there is nothing there

doesnt matter if there is stil a mark, thats just the redmark that wil fade.

if there is no lump, then its dead :)

there still might be a slight bumb though from just the expansion and stretching of the skin and pore when u pop out all the bacteria and pus.